Coming Soon: Life360 Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming Soon: Life360 Plugin

This is the Beta release of the Life360 Plugin. Testers ONLY as this may still have some bugs. Do not use for critical/emergency/life endangering uses.

Features:
    • Creates Root Device for each Circle Member
    • Creates Child Devices for each element
    • Elements: Life360 Places, Unknown Places, Latitude, Longitude, In Transit, Speed, Wifi State, Battery Level, Battery Charging, Sharing Location
    • Location will show Alternate Life360 Places when Away or Address if the Place is not known
    • Life360 Places are synchronized from Life360 and used for Location Status and Events
    • All devices have status/value pairs and can be used for events
    • Live Google Map current location
    • Link to Google Map (Less resource intensive)
    • Element devices created/deleted by plugin configuration page
    • All Elements are optional

Supported Platforms
    • Windows
    • Linux

Things To Do:
    • Multiple Circles are NOT supported currently
    • Removing of Life360 People does not remove their devices.
    • Probably bug fixes

Screenshot:

Issues/Suggestions:
    Please send me PM or post in this thread any issues you encounter.

Install:
    Download the attached Zip file and updater_override.txt file.
    Copy the updater_override.txt file to your HS3 root directory

Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3
    Linux: Varies by install decisions

Copy the Plugin Zip file to your HS3 root directory/Updates3/Zips
    Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Updates3\Zips
    Do NOT extract the Zip file.

From the Web Interface Select:
    PLUG-INS -> Manage

Click -> Update Listing

After the Update progress bar comletes
    Click the Yellow Arrow next to "Additional Interfaces"
    At the bottom will be "Beta" click the arrow to expand
    Click the checkbox to install
    Look up about to Pending Updates/Installs
    Click Download and Install

Once Installed refresh the Plug Ins -> Manage Page
    Click Plug-Ins and there will be a new item for Life360. Select Config

Enter your Life360 Username and Password
    CHECK the Enable checkbox. This Enables the update interval
    Choose a room/location for new devices or leave the default as Life360
    Default refresh timer is 1 Minute. Adjust to suit your preference of updates.
    Click the "Create Devices Button"

Now the Root devices for Life360 Circle Members is going to be created in the background. Select any additional features you want to enable. Place/Location is enabled by default.

Help has been added into the configuration page. Please review and provide feedback/questions. This needs to be updated based on a lot of recent updates.

The Create Devices button is also used to add new Life360 Circle members if added after the plugin is installed.

All devices should be created and the update interval is now active. If you add new people to your Life360 circle after the plugin has been installed go back to the configuration page and click Create Devices. This will create devices for new people or if devices are removed you can re-create them.

Places are now synchronized with Life360. If however they do become out of sync you can click the Update Places button to initiate a sync.

Latest Fixes
    • Added a default username/password instead of blank fields.
    • Enhanced connection to Life360 - more error checking
    • Added error handling for failed login. This was causing plugin crashing.
    • Added more Debug logging
    • Updated Configuration page information
    • Adjusted speed back to just single integer that is displayed and not double decimals. The back end is now correctly handling the string to decimal conversion and rounding to nearest single integer. Recreation of devices is not necessary, but for testing you may want to delete and recreate devices
    • Changed to update "Last Change" for Display String updates

New Features
    • Supports Life360 Places for events. This requires a new install or re-creation of devices as it needs to update the value/status pairs for each location device. The Places are synced and stored in a file to persist across service restarts. There is an "Update Places" button which will update the configuration file but it currently does NOT update the devices. Still to come
    • Adding of new members is as simple as clicking the "Create Devices" new or missing members will be created
    • Lots of logging added
    • Config page updated with some help info, more to come and styling

0.0.2.59 Updates
    • Completely redid the Places support and Updating of Life360 places. Now everything is updating correctly and stored in a file in the config directory making it persist a reload of the plugin. There was an error in processing of the file that needed to be worked out. This should be resolved now.
    • Logging has been reduced to 1 entry per update interval. If you update every minute you will get 1 log entry every minute. All other logging is an Error or in Debug mode only.
    • All Locations/Places EXCEPT for the Away state are not pulled directly from Life360. So if you have Home setup in Life360 that is what it will be called in HS3. If you have it named "Domicile" in Life360 that is what it will be in HS3

Note: There are breaking changes with the new Places update system. To ensure things work I highly recommend a full removal of the plugin and fresh install. To remove disable the plugin. Delete ALL devices and delete the config/life360 directory. Then copy the contents of the zip file into your HS3 directory.

Update: 0.0.2.60
    • Updated paths to be Linux friendly

Update: 0.0.2.78
    • Fixed a but running on Linux. Places were not created correctly due to a type cast problem. This was not an issue on Windows, however I did find it on Linux after moving my system to Linux. This was a hard one to find as it wasn't a problem on Windows but it threw an exception on Linux. --fixed
    • Updated default altlocation.png again noticed it on Linux due to case sensitivity. --fixed

Update: 0.0.2.79
    FIXED a bone head mistake of the default connection. Should now work. Anyone that tried 0.0.2.78 and it would not initialize this should be fixed.

Update: 0.0.2.93
    FIXED - Plugin Configuration not saving properly
    FIXED - Places Configuration not being saved and reused on restart
    Removed unnecessary logging

Update: 0.0.2.98
    Added Lat/Long Child devices

Notes for 0.0.2.98: This release requires a delete and re-create of devices as I have not had time to figured out yet how to add a child to a root that already exists. There is a new image in the zip file to go along with the Lat/Long that should be copied to your images directory. The only thing new is the LAT/LONG if that's not important to you then no update is needed.

Update: 0.0.3.1
    I screwed up with the Plugin and had it returning True for device configs. This resulted in a tab being created for new virtual devices. This has been fixed....I think

Update: 0.0.3.64
    This update will require a full install. Delete existing devices and copy the whole package into your HS3 root directory. New devices of the lat/long and google map location will be added when devices are created during setup.

-Added check for Long/Lat format
    -Added Google Map Child device with link that opens in a new window
    -Added a Null/Empty check for Wifi State. Apparently sometimes it will return empty

Update: 0.0.3.76
    This update is a standard package. Please the zip file in your hs3_root/Updates3/Zips directory and the update_overider.txt in the hs3 root directory. From plugin manager you should see Life360 showing an update if not click on the update option button to load the new updater file. Stop Life360 and select update. If this is a new install expand the sources and in the Beta section is where Life360 will be listed. This is in preparation for release to the HS3 Plugin Store.

- Places and Devices updated on each update cycle
    - Fixed Alternative places with "Home" in their name ie Home Depot showing icon for home
    - Devices now optional per configuration settings
    - Child devices created/deleted based upon options in configuration

Update: 0.0.3.82
    - Added "Is Driving" device. It's available in the configuration. It is supposed to work with phone with "Drive Mode". YMMV
    - By default only "Location/Places" is active on initial install. Select additional devices you want from configuration
    - If you have an older release prior to packaging a re-install may be necessary

I think this PI is now feature complete with all current Life360 "abilities" and with the capability of now adding/removing devices as needed without requiring full re-installs. Please test and provide feedback as I think this is ready for Beta release in the HS Store.

Remember to download BOTH files.

Latest Screenshot:

BETA Release: 0.1.4.53
    - I've been busy hence the major increase in version numbers.
    - Some code clean-up and cleaning
    -Major FeatureSynchronizing Life360 Places with the Plugin. New Added are automatically added to devices and NOW Deleted Places from Life360 are removed from devices. The Places functionality is now complete. I think...maybe

NOTICE FOR EXISTING USERS
    Latest version requires a DELETE and Re-Create of Member devices as the devices have been changed to use the Sync feature of Life360 Places.
    - Generally speaking only a delete/re-create of the Location devices should be needed. But to be sure I say delete them all and re-create them all until.

Latest release is available from the HS3 Updater.
    Last edited by simplextech; June 22, 2018, 09:11 AM. Reason: New Release

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
    First the good:

I have a working shell/framework for a Life360 plugin. It does work and uses the HS3 Plugin system.

Features:
    • Creates root device for each circle member automagically
    • Creates child devices for Location, Battery, etc.. and more to come
    • Supports ALL locations defined in Life360
    • If NO location is defined it uses the Address1,Address2 Life360 fields
    • Configurable like other plugins
    • Supports HS3 Schedules from plugin config page - No need for Task Scheduler.
    • Username/Password configured through plugin configuration page
    • More to come....

Limitations:
    • No Multi-Circle Support yet

Todo Before Beta Release:
    • LOTS of cleanup
    • More testing

If anyone is interested in testing when the Beta is released let me know.
    I don't know if I will end up using it, but I would be happy to test it.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      I don't know if I will end up using it, but I would be happy to test it.
      More testing the better. It'll still be a few more days until I think I'm ready for a public release. I'm still figuring out the intricacies of the HSPI system. I'm just happy the shell/framework is actually working!

Comment

Life 360 testing

I would be happy to test. Currently have life360 on two Android phones. I also run egigeozone with phlocation plug-in to determine occupancy.

Google just announced a change in their maps api program that down the road could cost a user to access their services.

Also two different geo-location apps running at same time significantly shortens battery life so would be interested in cutting down to one app. Life360 has much higher WAF in my house.

Comment

I too would be glad to help test. Be glad to get rid of the task scheduler thing. Have life360 on two androids and a good waf so far. New plugin should increase that.

Comment

Teaser:

Comment

I'd be interested in beta testing

Comment

Teaser:

That's not funny!!

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
                  That's not funny!!
                  I thought it was

I have added the following since the screenshots

- Share Location (user can enable/disable sharing in the app) It is reported and displayed

- Wifi State (Is wifi on/off on each device)

Comment

Latest screenshot showing all devices (currently). If there are other "functions" someone can think of that they would like please let me know before I do a release.

Things that are still NOT working

- Events / Triggers

I have not done any work on the triggers and events. It is not possible to do much with the plugin yet. Once I get the hang of triggers they should come quickly. The current plan is to have triggers for those child devices in the screenshot to be used in events. I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out how to incorporate "Places" into the events system. I need to figure a way to tie and then change a child location value to a "place" to be used for events. Currently the places will show in location, but that's it. I need to spend more time with the devices to flesh them out with proper states to be used for the triggers as well.

Feedback is welcomed.

Comment

More Teasers....

Comment

More Teasers....

That looks great. Covers it all. Like the icons. When is the unveiling?

Comment

This looks great. Great job

Comment

[ALPHA RELEASE] Life360 Plugin

This is the Alpha release of the Life360 Plugin. BETA Testers ONLY as this may still have some bugs. Do not use for critical/emergency/life endangering uses.

Features:
                            • Auto Generates Child Devices for Life360 elements
                            • Included Elements: In Transit, Speed, Wifi State, Home/Away, Battery Level, Battery Charging, Sharing Location
                            • Home/Away will show Alternate Life360 Places when Away or Address if the Place is not known
                            • All devices have proper states and can be used for events

Things To Do:
                            • Test on Linux
                            • Addons after feedback
                            • Probably bug fixes

Screenshot:

Issues/Suggestions:
                            Please send me in PM or in this thread any issues you encounter. Please provide as much details as possible about your system (OS,Version,HS3 Version)

Install:
                            Download the attached Zip file and extract to any location.
                            Copy All contents directly to your HS3 Root directory.
                            Refresh your plugins from the Web UI. Life360 should now be listed
                            Enable Life360
                            Refresh Plugins and Life360 should be in the dropdown menu.
                            Go to Life60 and select Config
                            Enter your Life360 Username and Password and CHECK the Enable checkbox
                            Go back to your plugins. Disable Life360 and Re-Enable Life360.
                            Devices will be created and be "dark" and will refresh with Life360 details

File Download:
                            LATEST Version: 0.0.1.34
                            Last edited by simplextech; June 22, 2018, 09:12 AM. Reason: Adding Update file

Comment

Hi,

I have installed the plugin with instructions.

- Install application on my phone (Android)
                              - Create account on my phone (OK)
                              - Create Location (OK)
                              - Verify my account on web site Life360 (OK, account and location)
                              - Install plugin on HS3

- Start plugin once (OK)
                              - Add user and password and click Enable plugin (OK)
                              I click also on debugLog
                              - Disable and Enable plugin with Manage plugin (OK)

- Devices are created (OK)

Since 09h37 AM Devices are updated.

At 11H16 AM, i install application android on my wife phone

Configuration is OK.

I send acces code to my wife and add her to my circle.

At this moment, HS3 plugin restart and no update .

I disable and enable plugin and verify configuration file (.ini file)

My user name and password disappears

I put user name and password

I verify ini file (OK)

I disable and enable plugin and verify configuration file (.ini file)

I shutdown HS3 and restart

Same problem

Now i can't connect to Life360.

Each time I disable and enable plugin, My user name and password disappears

Can you hel me,

Thanks

Jean-Francois.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X