Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still no update or downgrade from Insteon. Looks like they only fixed you, Mark

Comment

Originally posted by jm11767 View Post
      Still no update or downgrade from Insteon. Looks like they only fixed you, Mark
      Same here, actually this is one time I am looking forward to seeing an email titled "Your Insteon Hub is Scheduled to Receive Updates"...
      Billy

Comment

Originally posted by charlesmbell View Post
        Great idea. Please pass along the pcap or at least what you find out so we can all block in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Just confirming - update didn't come in for me either. I'll keep monitoring until it does.

Comment

same here. no downdate.

i found this on another forum (openhab) where insteon responded:

Hello all,

I am writing on behalf of Insteon and wanted to share an update with you all:

We are aware of an issue where our latest hub firmware update (1016) caused integrations using local http commands to stop functioning. While this is not an officially supported API, we understand that having local command and control is preferred among a select group of users as well as some 3rd party software developers. Therefore we will be looking to make the necessary updates to restore this functionality. If you are using the local API, we would like to invite you to join our beta group to assist us in testing our next update. Your participation will also ensure that any future updates do not impact your integration. To submit your request to join the beta program, fill out the form here 7. Be sure to select OpenHAB as the software you are using so that we can arrange a special firmware build that will restore local API control. Please be patient as we will need time to get you setup as a beta tester and to configure your account.

We appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this issue and thank you for choosing Insteon for your home automation projects.

Kind regards,
          The Insteon Team

Comment

I also found this in the same forum:

https://www.insteon.com/support-know...rmware-version

from 2015 so use with caution. I have not tried it yet.

Comment

This may or may not help , but wanted to put it out there.
              I have 2 hubs one hub2 and one older hub 1. Seems the older hub did not receive the update and works fine with hs3 so in theory if anyone has the older hub laying around from an upgrade and does not need integration via any echo skills ,that would be a temp fix to load devices onto old hub.

Comment

Just called support. According to the 1st line support (who said they checked), there is no update at this time. I will get an email when they have update. I should have asked to speak to a mgr as I don't think 1st line knows anything and just made up that answer.

Plan B:
                Mark, if I buy a 2413U. Is that a complete rebuild or is there a way to convert all my devices and events using those devices from the hub?

Plan C:
                anyone ever use ISY? I have one laying around and may try that which would mean buying a 2413S.

Comment

Still can't connect to Hub.

Still showing 1016 here. I can ping the Hub's IP with no problem and my Insteon app still works fine but that's about it.

Bill

Comment

Just called support. According to the 1st line support (who said they checked), there is no update at this time. I will get an email when they have update. I should have asked to speak to a mgr as I don't think 1st line knows anything and just made up that answer.

Plan B:
                    Mark, if I buy a 2413U. Is that a complete rebuild or is there a way to convert all my devices and events using those devices from the hub?

Plan C:
                    anyone ever use ISY? I have one laying around and may try that which would mean buying a 2413S.
                    the update is being handled by the beta/engineering team. Support probably doesn't know anything about it is my guess.

you can migrate from the hub to a plm using the plugin. it's just a matter of the plugin updating all the devices with the interface insteon ID. no rework is required

i would hang in there at least through today on the update. i should be able to get a better timelime
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                      the update is being handled by the beta/engineering team. Support probably doesn't know anything about it is my guess.

you can migrate from the hub to a plm using the plugin. it's just a matter of the plugin updating all the devices with the interface insteon ID. no rework is required

i would hang in there at least through today on the update. i should be able to get a better timelime
                      thanks Mark. will hold off.

Need to take my patience pill this am - aka coffee

Comment

can someone test https access to the hub using IE11 where TLS 1.0 is the only option set in the advanced security options. if this works, i might be able to update the plugin to force TLS 1.0
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                          can someone test https access to the hub using IE11 where TLS 1.0 is the only option set in the advanced security options. if this works, i might be able to update the plugin to force TLS 1.0
                          I can do one better. IE9. Not able to connect
                          Attached Files

Comment

Mark
                            Do we need to send email to Insteon to get the push? If so what email or phone so we call?

Comment

I can do one better. IE9. Not able to connect
                              got a different error on IE11:

Trying to google how to enable tls1.0
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mworsnop View Post
                                Mark
                                Do we need to send email to Insteon to get the push? If so what email or phone so we call?
                                my contact is in CA and isn't online until 12 or 1 EST

i will see what their approach is

maybe we can send them the insteon IDs to update immediately if they are worried about a mass rollback
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X