www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Developer Support > Scripts & Plug-Ins:Development and Libraries > Script & Plug-In Development

Script & Plug-In Development Discuss scripting for HomeSeer and general VBScript assistance. Use this forum to post incomplete scripts, script snippets or code samples.

Old September 19th, 2002, 09:01 PM
klandingham

Hi folks,

I've been trying to write some simple scripts to get started, by using VB6 for its editor and debugger. I started with an empty VB exe project, and added a reference to the HomeSeer ActiveX object. For testing within the VB environment, I'm using:

Dim hs As HomeSeer.Application
sub main()
Set hs = New HomeSeer.Application

I can call most HomeSeer methods fine, but the following doesn't seem to work. Assuming that a global variable named "bogus" doesn't exist, if I run the following:

Status = hs.SaveVar("bogus", 23)

the value of Status is an empty string which, according to the HS docs I have, means everything went well. It shouldn't have, since "bogus" doesn't exist. If I move that same line into a script run directly from HomeSeer, the value of Status is "Name not found", which is what I would suspect.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Old September 20th, 2002, 07:40 AM
Super Seer

I had the same problem last night when I was tring to get ultra_view2 to work... and I traced it down the exact same problem.

When I was testing the script, it just wouldn't get past that.

The FIX! :

I added my localhost to the Trusted Sites in the internet explorer options. I'm assuming that it's an activeX security issue and for whatever reason your computer isn't prompting you... When I made this change, my computer prompted me and everything worked great.