No announcement yet.

MediaController plugin beta testing Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get it now. Roku are not players, I was hoping they were. Servers cannot tell you what they're playing, and even then they may be playing to multiple clients and none of those clients are necessarily controlled by MC.

I need to go turn on my LG TV and set it up as a player. I expect that will reveal the functionality I see in the help and the other screen shots here.

If I still see things not quite matching up, I'll take all the screen shots and debug logs we'll need.

Comment

link ?

Hello
      Is it too late to get a link to test this plugin? My antique hs 2 does not find in the updator !!

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by videomanworld View Post
        Hello
        Is it too late to get a link to test this plugin? My antique hs 2 does not find in the updator !!

Thanks
        https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=152769

bottom of first posting

Comment

Comment

Dirk,

How do I remove the PI?

Michael
            Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
              Dirk,

How do I remove the PI?

Michael
              Stop HS. Delete the hspi_mediacontroller.exe in the HS directory. Delete the MediaController subdirectory under <hs root>\html, delete the Mediacontroller.ini file in the <hs root>\config folder. Start HS, delete all the HS devices associated with this PI.

Dirk

Comment

Thanks Dirk. I was really hoping that the PI would allow for the remote control (power button) of our TCL Roku TVs and our Dish Hopper and Joeys.

Michael
                Michael

Comment

New version .28 to be posted on updater soon

Changes to v3.0.0.28
                  • Config button for Sony remote is removed
                  • Sony remote didn't work under Linux, failing Deserialize method, changed to DeserializeObject which seems supported by Mono.

Comment

Hi,

Installed the plugin. It has found my window media server and Android TV (Shield). It let me Add them both, but I get no config button for either (nor do they get added to the Manage plugins drop-down menu).

I had read that the plugin can remote control Android TV. Some of the other functionality sounds interesting too, but I can't seem to get started, not sure what I'm doing wrong.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mack1979 View Post
                      Hi,

Installed the plugin. It has found my window media server and Android TV (Shield). It let me Add them both, but I get no config button for either (nor do they get added to the Manage plugins drop-down menu).

I had read that the plugin can remote control Android TV. Some of the other functionality sounds interesting too, but I can't seem to get started, not sure what I'm doing wrong.
                      The server devices have nothing to configure so there is no config button. You may have misinterpreted what was written about Android TV control. The PI can find them but unfortunately no controls for them. Sony (running some Android TV SW) had some TVs in their line-up that this PI could control, but that where Sony created functions. As far as I can tell, what Android (and unfortunately most TV vendors going forward) is trying to do, is use DLNA (Multiscreen) functions to advertise their existence on your LAN. Apps on your phone, tablet, computer, will use DLNA to discover them but once that's done, the App will communicate with a corresponding app that is running on your TV, and they can use any proprietary protocol they like. This avoids that the apps needs to comply to standards and promotes innovation and rapid development. Flip side is that there is little chance that some uber application will control a multitude of devices.
                      Dirk

Comment

Ahh. Ok. That's a shame. Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

If you have at least one server and one player (added), you should be able to create events/actions. So the event could be some motion and the action would be a Mediacontroller actions, where you select a track from the server and play it on some player.

Dirk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	VSX-1130.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	1191766

Name:	Roku.jpg
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	1191767

Name:	QNAP Media Server.jpg
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	1191768
                              Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

Comment

Hi Dave, could you attach a screenshot of the devices table. I'm not sure I see a DLNA server, perhaps is it the NEW11706M?

Assuming you have added a server that has content, when you go to the menu "View", select "Events", Click + to add an event. In the "IF" selection, you select your trigger and in the "Then" you select "MediaController actions". Select "play Item", Select player, select the server etc etc.

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                                X