Grouping Sonos Players with HS Touch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grouping Sonos Players with HS Touch

Hi Everyone - I may have missed this in the forums somewhere, but I could not find a good way to group multiple Sonos Players when designing my HSTouch layout. I have 16 players and it would be much easier to create a check box or similar to include the players I want versus setting each player individually.

Does anyone have any recommendations on this?

Thanks!

Steve

On my BOSE Zone setup I created a button that I push to get all SoundTouch players into the same zone,

http://hartman.website/hstouch-bose-soundtouch-art/

it is the BOSE Zone button top middle. When the plugin reports that all SoundTouch players are in the zone the graphic changes to have the checkmark on that screenshot. If not all SoundTouch players are in the same zone then the icon for that button is a red X and you push the button to correct it.

Not Sonos I know but hopefully that might help you,

regards,

Comment

The plug-in allows you to link individual players or initiate linkgroups through events, but there is no easy way to build a specific group through HSTouch actions. You can predefined groups and use a HSTouch or an Event action to invoke them. We have a few linkgroups built specifically for HS announcements. For on the fly management of groups to stream music we just use the Sonos app on iOS, Android or PC. The Sonos app works so well, we don't see the need to reinvent it just to keep it in HSTouch.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I do this with a crap ton of buttons with my 4 zones and a bunch of scenes.. 16 would be a nightmare. I would stick with the sonos app. Create a button to launch the app and call it a day.

Comment

Working...
        X