Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feature request around setting HS location

Hi,

Can the "set homeseer location to" feature also have the ability for one to put in their own text?

Given that I don't want to use to other options, I have to go into HS for each ISY device I add and set the location to "ISY". I tried creating an ISY folder (in ISY) and using the "parent folder" option but it didn't work.

Thanks for considering it.

Originally posted by johnnyt View Post
    Hi,

Can the "set homeseer location to" feature also have the ability for one to put in their own text?

Given that I don't want to use to other options, I have to go into HS for each ISY device I add and set the location to "ISY". I tried creating an ISY folder (in ISY) and using the "parent folder" option but it didn't work.

Thanks for considering it.
    That sounds like a good idea. Thanks! I've added it to the enhancement list. I don't think it will be too hard to add, just not sure of the ETA at this point.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

small addition to my feature request:

in Set Homeseer Location / Location 2 selection boxes, in addition to what can be selected now, the ability to select:
      1) ISY/ISY Program (i.e. "ISY Program" as location when it is a program, else "ISY"
      2) Custom user defined text (the original request)

I confess that as an ISY newbie I can't tell at this point if 1) above is a particularly good or bad way to categorize my ISY devices and programs but it's been helpful to me so far separate my HS controlled stuff from my ISY controlled stuff as I migrate all (or as much as possible) my lighting functionality out of HS and over to ISY.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyt View Post
        small addition to my feature request:

in Set Homeseer Location / Location 2 selection boxes, in addition to what can be selected now, the ability to select:
        1) ISY/ISY Program (i.e. "ISY Program" as location when it is a program, else "ISY"
        [INDENT]2) Custom user defined text (the original request)
        I added the ability to set the location / location 2 fields to user defined values but there isn't any logic to change the value based on device type. I think that would be fairly difficult to do. There are quite a few different device types supported by the ISY.

I could add an option to set the location to the device type, but then the location field is just duplicating the device type field. If you are just trying to sort things so that you lump all the various device types together, then you can sort the status page on device type.

A future feature is to allow hiding by device type. When I implement that interface, it might be possible to add an option to customize the location/location 2 fields by device type too.

However, it still seems like this is just making the location(2) fields duplicate the device type field. Maybe it would be useful to allow user defined device types, but I can't really come up with a good reason to allow that.
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in
        http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Changes you made look good. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X