MediaController plugin beta testing Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dcorus,
    Need to know how to remove, uninstall this plugin completely. It is a great plugin, but my current system will be going into my vacation home and I don't need this plugin running on that system. Trying to keep the vaca system lean.

So whats the best way to remove this plugin completely. Thanks in advance.
    Tom
    baby steps...starting again with HS3
    HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
    HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
    Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
    In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
    System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
      dcorus,
      Need to know how to remove, uninstall this plugin completely. It is a great plugin, but my current system will be going into my vacation home and I don't need this plugin running on that system. Trying to keep the vaca system lean.

So whats the best way to remove this plugin completely. Thanks in advance.
      Disable and delete the subdirectory

Comment

Happy New Year!

I didn't want to disturb you but since you solved the problem with the last version 3.0.0.22 It works much better but I've been having the same problem occasionally. In this case I couldn't determine a pattern.

I understood that you were developing a new version with solving some issues. If I can help you in any way, just tell me.

Best regards

.Net version 4.6.1

Comment

Originally posted by makinava View Post
          Happy New Year!

I didn't want to disturb you but since you solved the problem with the last version 3.0.0.22 It works much better but I've been having the same problem occasionally. In this case I couldn't determine a pattern.

I understood that you were developing a new version with solving some issues. If I can help you in any way, just tell me.

Best regards

.Net version 4.6.1
          Can you clarify which problem you still have? Is it the TV player device or the TV remote device that is the issue? Do they both stay in off-line state or what exactly is it you are doing that doesn't work and is there typically a way for you to get out of that state?

Dirk

Comment

Hi dcorsus,

Some times the plugin doesn't detect the "power on" event of TV Samsung (neither Onkyo). Both of them, player and remote keep offline. I have to restart the pluggin to go back to normal behavior. Some times the pluggin detects the devices again by itself, but I cant find a pattern.

Do you need logs?

Regards
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi dcorsus,

Some times the plugin doesn't detect the "power on" event of TV Samsung (neither Onkyo). Both of them, player and remote keep offline. I have to restart the pluggin to go back to normal behavior. Some times the pluggin detects the devices again by itself, but I cant find a pattern.

Do you need logs?

Regards
              if it happens again, can you go to the PIs config screen, set debug flag and set the UPNP logging level to "verbose". Then turn TV power on , wait a little, off again (or vice versa), same for the Onkyo if same issue, turn off debug and email or post whole log file.
              I'm probably going to post a new version of the PI next week, it won't solve any of your problems but it fixes an issue with setting a "logging-to-disk" option, which will make it much easier to post all relevant debugging, so you might want to grab that version. With that version, you set the log-to-disk option when you want to make a trace, turn it off, when you are done and than just post the file <hs root>\html\MediaController\Logs\MediaControllerDebug.txt. Do note that each time you turn the logging-to-disk on, the previous log is overwritten and a new log starts!

Dirk

Comment

Hi again,

Please, find the log in the attachment.

I restarted the pluggin with the debug flag activated. I switched the tv on and off and It works the 3 o 4 times but after 2 hour approx I left the tv on for a while and when I switch the tv off the tv remote device PI didn't aware of that. Then I switch the tv on again but If I try to use the remote device I get an error and the remote device remain deactivated for ever.

I hope the log will be usefull.

Regards

Maki
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi again,

I restarted the pluggin with the debug flag activated. I switched the tv on and off and It works the 3 o 4 times but after 2 hour approx I left the tv on for a while and when I switch the tv off the tv remote device PI didn't aware of that. Then I switch the tv on again but If I try to use the remote device I get an error and the remote device remain deactivated for ever.

Regards

Maki
                  The log has hardly anything in it. It is only 21Kbyte long, for a 2 hour trace it should have been 21Mbyte. If you haven't stopped HS, you can copy, zip and email the <hsroot>\logs\HomeSeerlog.hsd file or the .bak or .bakbak file, depending on whether you stopped HS. Also tell me what time you saw the issue and around what time where you successfully turning the TV on and Off so I can correlate it with the log info?

Dirk

Comment

Hi again,

Regards

Maki
                    Given the large amount of info in the trace, perhaps take a trace with the UPNP log level set to "events" rather than "verbose"

Dirk

Comment

Hi dcorsus,

I tried event and erros upnp log but the log size is huge too. The problem takes a long time to come into view, sometimes hours or several days. Today I discovered the error again and I've loged during a few minutes after I detected the problem. I switch on and off the tv and onkyo twice and the PI didn't aware of it never again

Find the log in the attachment. I don't know if it will be usefull for you.

Regards,

Makinava
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by makinava; January 10, 2016, 07:58 AM. Reason: forget attachment

Comment

Hi dcorsus,

I tried event and erros upnp log but the log size is huge too. The problem takes a long time to come into view, sometimes hours or several days. Today I discovered the error again and I've loged during a few minutes after I detected the problem. I switch on and off the tv and onkyo twice and the PI didn't aware of it never again

Find the log in the attachment. I don't know if it will be usefull for you.

Regards,

Makinava
                        There are some problems as indicated in this log file.

a/ the TV is sending proper "ssd:byebye" UPNP notifications, so the PI will know that the TV is powered down. So far so good. When the TV is powered on, it is sending "ssdp:alive" UPNP notification, also this is good, but then it goes wrong. The PI seems to stumble on some inconsistency of its own data and errors. I've attached a zip file that I would like you to unzip and copy the HSPI_MediaController.exe file into the <hsroot> directory, overwriting the current HSPI_MediaController.exe. Do this when the PI is disable or HS3 is stopped. Don't worry too much about the original .exe, you can always go to the installer and install the latest released version of this PI.

b/ for the Onkyo device: can you describe what exactly you see or do that indicates to you that it is not working. Be as descriptive as can be. How do you power it up/down? The Onkyo doesn't seem to send any "ssdp:byebye" events so the PI never knows it was powered down. I see plenty of "ssdp:alive" events from the Onkyo so the state of the device should be on line. My Onkyo for example, is set to keep the Ethernet port alive when you power it down. As such you can still talk to it when it is powered down, it is actually in a standby state. As such it would not send "ssdp:byebye" messages so the trace could be showing that. So the question is: "what exactly wasn't working or what wrong state was it in"?

c/ this is more cosmetically but you have a device on your network that has some inconsistent UPNP info. As such it is generating a bunch of background noise, not a big deal but could you open a browser and cut/paste the following URL into it: http://192.168.2.156:5000/ssdp/desc-DSM-eth0.xml and post or email me the result.

The attached file has some debug statement added. When it happens again, just set the UPNP level to errors only, turn disk logging and PI debug on. Power down your device AND go to the config page, at the bottom, click on the "View UPNP Devices" button and cut/paste the whole page. Then turn your devices on, wait at least 2 minutes and now go back to the "view UPNP Devices" page (you can refresh it but this page DOES NOT update dynamically!!) and cut/paste the whole content.

Let me know when you downloaded the attachment so I will remove it again.

Dirk
                        Last edited by dcorsus; January 10, 2016, 09:40 PM.

Comment

I will try everything when I have free time again. Thank you

It's is a Synology Server with several addons running on it.

<root xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:device-1-0">
                          <specVersion>
                          <major>1</major>
                          <minor>0</minor>
                          </specVersion>
                          <device>
                          <deviceType>urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:Basic:1</deviceType>
                          <friendlyName>INas (DS211)</friendlyName>
                          <manufacturer>Synology</manufacturer>
                          <manufacturerURL>http://www.synology.com</manufacturerURL>
                          <modelDescription>Synology NAS</modelDescription>
                          <modelName>DS211</modelName>
                          <modelNumber>DS211 5.2-5592</modelNumber>
                          <modelURL>http://www.synology.com</modelURL>
                          <modelType>NAS</modelType>
                          <serialNumber>00113209df2e</serialNumber>
                          <UDN>uuid:73796E6F-6473-6D00-0000-00113209df2e</UDN>
                          <serviceList>
                          <service>
                          <URLBase>http://192.168.2.156:5000</URLBase>
                          <serviceType>urn:schemas-dummy-com:serviceummy:1</serviceType>
                          <serviceId>urn:dummy-com:serviceId:dummy1</serviceId>
                          <controlURL>/dummy</controlURL>
                          <eventSubURL>/dummy</eventSubURL>
                          <SCPDURL>/ssdp/dummy.xml</SCPDURL>
                          </service>
                          </serviceList>
                          <presentationURL>http://192.168.2.156:5000/</presentationURL>
                          </device>
                          </root>

Comment

I will try everything when I have free time again. Thank you

It's is a Synology Server with several addons running on it.

<root xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:device-1-0">
                            <specVersion>
                            <major>1</major>
                            <minor>0</minor>
                            </specVersion>
                            <device>
                            <deviceType>urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:Basic:1</deviceType>
                            <friendlyName>INas (DS211)</friendlyName>
                            <manufacturer>Synology</manufacturer>
                            <manufacturerURL>http://www.synology.com</manufacturerURL>
                            <modelDescription>Synology NAS</modelDescription>
                            <modelName>DS211</modelName>
                            <modelNumber>DS211 5.2-5592</modelNumber>
                            <modelURL>http://www.synology.com</modelURL>
                            <modelType>NAS</modelType>
                            <serialNumber>00113209df2e</serialNumber>
                            <UDN>uuid:73796E6F-6473-6D00-0000-00113209df2e</UDN>
                            <serviceList>
                            <service>
                            <URLBase>http://192.168.2.156:5000</URLBase>
                            </service>
                            </serviceList>
                            <presentationURL>http://192.168.2.156:5000/</presentationURL>
                            </device>
                            </root>
                            Could you confirm that you downloaded the attachment?

Thanks for the info, don't you just hate it when developers not knowing what to do, populate with bogus info rather than leave the info empty. This info causes the PI to continously try to retrieve http://192.168.2.156:5000/ssdp/dummy.xml
                            If you cut/paste the above URL in your browser, what do you get?

</service>
                            </serviceList>

Dirk

Comment

http://192.168.2.156:5000/ssdp/dummy.xml
                              https://192.168.2.156:5001/ssdp/dummy.xml

both of them:

"This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below"

Sybology have a media server with this parameter :SSDP advertisement interval: 960 sec. Could I try to increase thr value?

I just downloaded the .exe

Now It seems that the tv remote device never goes to offline, it always stay Activated even with the Tv Off.

following your explanations I've discovered that the onkyo it is always stay "alive" except when I switch off physically. Not big deal
                              Last edited by makinava; January 10, 2016, 05:52 PM.

Comment

new version 23 available in the updater

Changes to v3.0.0.23
                                • Fixed another issues w/ UPNP device discovery. This time when the PI starts and there are zero devices to be found, none will be added later
                                • The installer will now have 2 version of the System.Data.SQLite.dll. One for Linux installs and one for Windows installs.
                                • Remote control support for newer Sony Bravia TVs
                                • Fixed issue with disk logging
                                • Fixed issue with "=" character in the UDN
                                • Added support for multiple speaker clients in a single event

Comment

Working...
                                X