X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer Echo Integration with Virtual Trigger Words

ufd108,

"Could you please explain how to do this with the Echo and HS3? How do virtual devices get around having to say "Alexa, tell Homeseer to ...."?"

All I do is bring up the HS3 "Device Management Page" and add a device with the name "Retire Mode". I gave it a Device of "Virtual Trigger" and Room of "Virtual" and a Code of "V100" to keep track of all my Virtual Trigger words. Don't forget to enable the "Voice Trigger" checkbox.

Now in a Homeseer Event, add an "OR IF" "Virtual Trigger Virtual Retire Mode" changes and becomes ON" to trigger the event to run. Don't forget to add a "Set Device Virtual Trigger Virtual Retire Mode" to OFF so that it will trigger the next time.

Lastly, go into your Alexa App in Windows and in "Smarthome" turn on the Homeseer Skill and connect it to your Homeseer Account, and "Discover Devices". After 30 seconds you will notice that all of your real devices and virtual devices show up on your Alexa "Your Devices" page.

Now when I say "Alexa, Turn Retire Mode ON", the Reire Mode event runs and shuts off my lights, turns the Sonos Music OFF, puts on the bed lights and Arms the Security Systems for HOME".

That's it - hope this helps, sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Camguy52 View Post
      ufd108,

Lastly, go into your Alexa App in Windows and in "Smarthome" turn on the Homeseer Skill and connect it to your Homeseer Account, and "Discover Devices". After 30 seconds you will notice that all of your real devices and virtual devices show up on your Alexa "Your Devices" page.

Now when I say "Alexa, Turn Retire Mode ON", the Reire Mode event runs and shuts off my lights, turns the Sonos Music OFF, puts on the bed lights and Arms the Security Systems for HOME".

That's it - hope this helps, sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Doug
      Thanks Doug!

I had tried discovering devices but it never found anything. I just tried it again, and realized that somehow the HomeSeer skill had disappeared from my Alexa account. Once I re-enabled the skill, I was able to discover all my HomeSeer devices. Now I can turn lights on and off without the annoying "tell HomeSeer to" phrase.

Next I'll try virtual devices.

Thanks again,
      Don

Comment

How did this turn into an Alexa/Echo thread.
        - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
        Web Site
        YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by tpchristian View Post
          How did this turn into an Alexa/Echo thread.
          With ease, apparently

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread. You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming...

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
            Not having google home here in the UK
            Hi jon00, looks like we will get it in April
            Win 11 Pro | HS4 Pro | Z wave plug in with UZB1 | BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0 | RFXtrx433 | Blue Iris CCTV | VU+ 4k with motorised dish | Emby | Hi-Phone HS2 | ESP32 with WLED |

Comment

Originally posted by Traction Tim View Post
              Hi jon00, looks like we will get it in April
              Yes I saw that....2 months earlier than expected. I expect Amazon will reduce the price of the Echo during their launch period!
              Jon

Comment

Great news! I found a way to link my lights with gh (no "ha bridge" or ifttt)

Good news!!!! I found a way to get google home to control the lights without android or ha bridge or ifttt! This does not involve the ha bridge complex method or any additional setting up of commands. The thing I love best is that it does not interfere with your current zwave network. I got tired of using alexa since she can rarely hear me, so I purchased two google homes and a smart things hub. I added the hub (via the include node) command on my hs3 and not only did it include the hub, but it also pushed all applicable zwave products automatically to the hub. This is an easy 80$ solution which comes off as direct integration without the HA bridge setup/rasberry pi or the ifttt comands.the delay is not noticable and I am happily selling all of my echo dots!

Comment

Originally posted by CameronHilliard View Post
                  Good news!!!! I found a way to get google home to control the lights without android or ha bridge or ifttt! This does not involve the ha bridge complex method or any additional setting up of commands. The thing I love best is that it does not interfere with your current zwave network. I got tired of using alexa since she can rarely hear me, so I purchased two google homes and a smart things hub. I added the hub (via the include node) command on my hs3 and not only did it include the hub, but it also pushed all applicable zwave products automatically to the hub. This is an easy 80$ solution which comes off as direct integration without the HA bridge setup/rasberry pi or the ifttt comands.the delay is not noticable and I am happily selling all of my echo dots!

How much do you wanna sell them dots for?

Comment

I have them listed for 40 each right now on CL. Comes with 6 of the insignia plug in Bluetooth speakers ( http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia...?skuId=8417024) and one ceiling mount.

Comment

Which hub specifically did you use?
                      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I used a smart things hub 80$ prolly less on Amazon but I got mine brand new in case it didn't work for no hassle return. But now that I know it works no need to buy brand new for you guys.

Comment

HS3 will be supporting the Google Home SmartHome API very shortly.
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I remember someone saying that but I didn't have any idea of timeline. If it's truly short I can just return the hub and if it's longer than I'd like then I can just sell it on cl. Also I thought they were working on indirect first (gh tell homeseer to blah blah blah) which I'm not interested in. I thought direct was coming after. Anyway. Hopefully you are right and it really is short. If so I've got 30 days to return my st hub

Comment

The indirect one is submitted to Google, just waiting on approval.

The direct one is slated to be working by next week, but it may take a little time after that before Google makes it live.

Originally posted by CameronHilliard View Post
                              I remember someone saying that but I didn't have any idea of timeline. If it's truly short I can just return the hub and if it's longer than I'd like then I can just sell it on cl. Also I thought they were working on indirect first (gh tell homeseer to blah blah blah) which I'm not interested in. I thought direct was coming after. Anyway. Hopefully you are right and it really is short. If so I've got 30 days to return my st hub
                              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                                The indirect one is submitted to Google, just waiting on approval.
                                Rich,

Have you provided a script hook similar to the Echo?
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X