Thinking of adding RFID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of adding RFID

I am looking at adding RFID for vehicle tracking and looking to add tags to probably 10 vehicles as well as well as up to 3 maybe 4 receivers. I am looking for a receiver that will be able to be located near my driveway gate so that when it recognizes one of my vehicles it automatically can trigger the gate. the other receiver would be in the garage for vehicle tracking for which ones are here and which ones are gone. I am also thinking about adding a receiver at the front and back doors to eventually be used to access my locks. Does any one have recomendations on hardware that will work good with BLRFID to be able to accomplish this. Thinking the vehicle Tags could be 12v and wired to the vehicle electrical system for power.

Thanks Ken
    HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

If you are going to use RFID I would recommend using this equipment. The inexpensive RFID devices found on eBay and equivalent aren't the best at maintaining connections and have drop out issues. I had to add two transmitters in my vehicles and I still experience drop outs from both sensors from time to time making these just unreliable enough to not trust the readings. Even the higher end iAutomate tags experience drop outs from time to time.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have no such problems with the cheap RFID tags. A small, proper antenna, rather than small piece of wire on the receiver makes a big difference. I run half a dozen. The receivers are an order of magnitude cheaper than the iAutomate ones. The trade-off is slightly less features regarding the tags.

Also keep in mind, that the iAutomate tags run on 433.92 Mhz as I understand, which is exactly the same requency as all the RFXCom devices. So there could be a conflict if you try to use both kinds of devices at the same time, though I do not have iAutomate set up, so can't test this.
      Last edited by Automated; May 29, 2015, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Automated do you have a link to where ypu order you hardware and which ones you are using
        HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
          Automated do you have a link to where ypu order you hardware and which ones you are using
          Yes, see this store:
          http://stores.ebay.com/ananiahelectronics

Some people have issues with the serial signal, because of a bad design on the receivers. If you have that problem, then there is a solution in the thread below that I posted.
          http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=166470

Comment

Originally posted by Automated View Post
            I have no such problems with the cheap RFID tags. A small, proper antenna, rather than small piece of wire on the receiver makes a big difference.
            Could you please let me know the specifics of "A small, proper antenna...?" I am having reception problems and I would like to improve the reception.

Thank you.

Elliott
            "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
            "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Working...
            X