Need help !!! with Russound and BLSpeech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S-F View Post
    Keep us posted with your progress. And don't hesitate to ask if you run into any more issues or are looking for ideas!

Pro tip: Using either CFGuy's or Blade's random plugins make the talking house that much more interesting!
    S-F, how would you use the processing tags in a script? I get this to speak, but it uses BLSpeech's default settings. I want this to speak only in the office at a certain volume.

Code:
    Sub Main(parms As Object)
    Dim allEvents As Object()
    allEvents = hs.PluginFunction("BLGData", "", "GetCalendarEvents", new Object(){"user@domain.com","My Calendar","Today"})

hs.Speak ("John, here are your appointments for today ")

For Each ev As Object In allEvents
        hs.Speak (ev.Name)
    Next
    End Sub

Comment

I am sorry Sire. I don't speak scripts so I can't help there. I know how to make the events work though! Hopefully someone more informed will chime in.
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by Sireone View Post
        S-F, how would you use the processing tags in a script? I get this to speak, but it uses BLSpeech's default settings. I want this to speak only in the office at a certain volume.

Code:
        Sub Main(parms As Object)
        Dim allEvents As Object()
        allEvents = hs.PluginFunction("BLGData", "", "GetCalendarEvents", new Object(){"user@domain.com","My Calendar","Today"})

hs.Speak ("John, here are your appointments for today ")

For Each ev As Object In allEvents
            hs.Speak (ev.Name)
        Next
        End Sub
        You will need to setup a speaker/zone in BLSpeech. When you add a speaker/zone you can specify the source number for BLRussound. I am going off memory here.

You could do something like this:

Code:
        hs.Speak("{speaker=Office,volume=80}John, here are your appointments for today ")
        Last edited by Blade; January 29, 2015, 06:27 AM.
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
          You will need to setup a speaker/zone in BLSpeech. When you add a speaker/zone you can specify the source number for BLRussound. I am going off memory here.

You could do something like this:

Code:
          hs.Speak("{speaker=Office,volume=80}John, here are your appointments for today ")
          Cool, that works. Thanks!

Comment

About all or multiple speakers..... No such luck. We should petition Blade to institute this functionality!
            Did all speakers ever get added?
            For example if the Fire alarm triggers, all speakers would turn on Speak alert and then return to prior setting.

Multiple speakers would be also be nice
            DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
            BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

That is what zones are for.
              Try setting the speaker to a zone name
              Cheers,
              Bob
              Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Sweet, even better.
                I was incorrectly using the priority tag {zone = whole house}
                Should have been {speaker=whole house}
                (Where "wholehouse" is the zone name.

A+ plugin
                DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
                BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

You use the PLSpeech special processing tags before whatever it is you want spoken. Watch Blade's youtube video on it. I'll give you an example.

See here the stuff encased in {} before the text to be spoken? What this tells BLSpeech is to speak the text on the Kitchen zone (as set up in BLSpeech), Using source 2 with a volume of 40%. In the BLSpeech help file there is an exhaustive list of the especial tags options.
                  What is the "source 2" in this example or where in Russound or Blrussound i can find this?

Comment

Russound devices have "sources". My system has 6 sources (CAA66). You set them up in BLSpeech with whatever names you like in BLSpeech. Have you looked at Blade's BLSpeech youtbe video? If not, you should.

Comment

Russound devices have "sources". My system has 6 sources (CAA66). You set them up in BLSpeech with whatever names you like in BLSpeech. Have you looked at Blade's BLSpeech youtbe video? If not, you should.
                      Are you talking about Source Input? Sorry on my CAM6 the only "source" i know is the 6 source input. Yes Watch the Blspeech video and it really doesnt really explain much.

Comment

By "Source" on a Russound device I mean the literal inputs for sound. RCA ports. One red and one white for each source. On my Russound keypads I have 6 lights to display which source is selected. So In my previous example of the special tag that, as I recall, went something like this: {source=2,speaker=kitchen} because I have selected Russound integration in BLSpeech source=2 will set my Russound amp to it's #2 source which is where I've plugged my HS3 sound into, and will turn on the "Kitchen" speakers because in BLSpeech under Speakers/Zones I named Speaker #1 Kitchen. Just to clarify, on my Russound amp the #1 zone (As Russound calls it) the first output on the amp, is my kitchen.

Comment

By "Source" on a Russound device I mean the literal inputs for sound. RCA ports. One red and one white for each source. On my Russound keypads I have 6 lights to display which source is selected. So In my previous example of the special tag that, as I recall, went something like this: {source=2,speaker=kitchen} because I have selected Russound integration in BLSpeech source=2 will set my Russound amp to it's #2 source which is where I've plugged my HS3 sound into, and will turn on the "Kitchen" speakers because in BLSpeech under Speakers/Zones I named Speaker #1 Kitchen. Just to clarify, on my Russound amp the #1 zone (As Russound calls it) the first output on the amp, is my kitchen.
                          I didnt know you really have to hardwire the Hs3 to one of the source of the russound.Maybe thats the reason my TTS is not working.

Comment

Yes. You need to somehow connect the sound card associated with a HS3 speaker.exe instance.

Comment

Thanks SF. I thought its full software integration. I gotta get that cable.

Comment

Working...
                              X