Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WD100+ Independent switch control & relay operation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WD100+ Independent switch control & relay operation?

Is there any way to decouple single presses of the paddle switch from controlling the relay, and instead rely on the zwave network to trigger the device?

I'd like to install the switch as a replacement for the switch controlling an overhead light. I do sometimes use the overhead light, but would love to be able to use the single-press events to trigger floor lamps in the room.

Originally posted by gotwalt View Post
    Is there any way to decouple single presses of the paddle switch from controlling the relay, and instead rely on the zwave network to trigger the device?

I'd like to install the switch as a replacement for the switch controlling an overhead light. I do sometimes use the overhead light, but would love to be able to use the single-press events to trigger floor lamps in the room.
    No, the single press and the press and hold both control the local relay. There is no provision for decoupling the scenes from the relay.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Bummer. Are there products with similar build quality to the HS wall switch/dimmer products, but without the local relay? Will these things operate without load?

Comment

Have you tried the Cooper scene controllers? You know, I use the 3 and 2 press on button 2 (off paddle side) on the HS switches to control lamps in my children's room from the hallway/living room. This gives me control of lamps independently from the main living room lights. I am doing this because I haven't yet replaced my children's room switches with switches/dimmers, but need to reduce the brightness of their lamps before bedtime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X