Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to add Linear GD00Z-4 - Security Scheme issue - working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have the option to add it with out security.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Tried w/o security as well. It does not see the devices.

Tried w/o security as well. It does not see the devices. Import is successful, but when i try to fetch additional functions by selecting device, it does not see it.
      The only other thing is , I had updated my ZStick with latest firmware. http://aeotec.com/z-wave-usb-stick/1...-firmware.html Not sure if that made a difference.
      Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Do you have the option to add it with out security.

Comment

How close is the stick when you rescan? It needs to be within a few inches.

Comment

How close is the stick when you rescan? It needs to be within a few inches.
          Tried all possible combinations: touching each other, 1 inch , 2 inch etc.

Comment

Are you running the latest beta version of the Z-Wave plugin? What hardware are you running HS3 on?

Comment

Using hometroler zee

HS3 ZEE Edition 3.0.0.208 (Linux) with Zwave 3.0.1.29 . Do not see option to upgrade zwave plugin though.

Are you running the latest beta version of the Z-Wave plugin? What hardware are you running HS3 on?

Comment

Works with SmartStick+

I replaced my Aeon ZStick with HomeSeer SmartStick+ and it seems to be working now. Not sure why Aeon stick would not add GD00Z-4, but glad that smartstick+ is working

Originally posted by sukrit007 View Post
                HS3 ZEE Edition 3.0.0.208 (Linux) with Zwave 3.0.1.29 . Do not see option to upgrade zwave plugin though.

Comment

Originally posted by sukrit007 View Post
                  I replaced my Aeon ZStick with HomeSeer SmartStick+ and it seems to be working now. Not sure why Aeon stick would not add GD00Z-4, but glad that smartstick+ is working
                  The GD00Z-4 may be a higher generation than what the Z-Stick can support.

Comment

As mike said.
                    I've noticed that adding security devices is far easier with z-net/z-stick+ compared with the older z-sticks. It's still not problem free with the new controllers, but easier.
                    Tom
                    baby steps...starting again with HS3
                    HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                    HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                    Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                    In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                    System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Any updates on this issue? I've run into the same situation with the same GD00Z hardware... Initially I received an older unit from Amazon (it still said Linear on the opener/product box) but I RMA'd that one and received a newer unit that is H/W Rev B and R/W Ver 2.1 (with the GoControl logo on the opener/box). It will add the device as "Sigma Entry Control" but no child objets associated with it. Logs show this when trying to re-scan:

Z-Wave Error Security class information is NOT present - cannot continue loading node 35

Hoping it's not some compatibility issue with the Aeon Z-Stick....

Comment

Originally posted by FarSide792 View Post
                        Any updates on this issue? I've run into the same situation with the same GD00Z hardware... Initially I received an older unit from Amazon (it still said Linear on the opener/product box) but I RMA'd that one and received a newer unit that is H/W Rev B and R/W Ver 2.1 (with the GoControl logo on the opener/box). It will add the device as "Sigma Entry Control" but no child objets associated with it. Logs show this when trying to re-scan:

Z-Wave Error Security class information is NOT present - cannot continue loading node 35

Hoping it's not some compatibility issue with the Aeon Z-Stick....
                        Try adding the device without security and ensure it's close to your stick and awake.

Comment

I am still sitting on the same issue... I've tried a FW 2.0 and a FW 2.1 device, as well as insecure include - but nothing will stick. Has anyone had any luck? (HomeSeer S6 Pro, latest everything [non beta])

Comment

After several times trying and it failed, deleting node from the View Device management page , I tried on Z-Net controller page and selected action "remove/exclude node", then on the lock started the pairing process again on it. The log showed action.
                            Node was removed.

Then tried again from action selection selected add/include node.
                            and it worked adding the lock completely.

Comment

I'm having the same problem running HS3 standard for windows with a ZStick S2. I would like to try it without the security but I don't know how to get that to work. Can someone tell me what the process is to try to pair without security?

Comment

Working...
                              X