Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since I changed all my modules House code to A it appears to be working now BUT I have to press the 'status' button for the page to update, I don't think that's right, is it?

Keith

Comment

Yes that's right. That's a web page, and it cannot change per itself without being refreshed.

You can setup the status page to auto-refresh. I have setup mine to 60 seconds.

The setting is available in SETUP / Web Server / Auto Refresh
      --
      stipus

Comment

Ah grand, that's much better thanks

Keith

Comment

Here is a new version V1.19.2.2 of the PLCBUS Connector plugin.
          You need V1.15.2.2 or later already installed before you can use the attached files.

Change log:

- Lamp Devices have a new On behavior which can be used to track dim level. PlcBus Status-Request messages are sent by the plugin to get dim level when a "on command" is sent or received, or when fast polling detects a status change.

- Plugin now maps most received PlcBus commands to Received X10 commands for HomeSeer. The mapping uses the Preset-Dim 0-31 X10 command to set device dim level. It's a lot easier to follow what's happening in the log without enabling PlcBus debug mode.

- PlcBus commands AllUserLightsOn / AllUserUnitsOff / AllUserLightsOff are now correctly handled by the plugin. A matching X10 Command is executed for each PlcBusHouseCode in use.

- Bug fixed with PlcBus "Wait for Ack Mode" and AllLightsOff / AllUnitsOff commands. Previous versions of the plugin would write an error message to the HomeSeer log: "too long wait for ack response to command xxx"

- Minor web configuration interface changes. Added new On Behavior for lamp devices. Removed Firmware level as it was always set to (???).

[EDIT] Attachement removed as a new one is available.
          Last edited by stipus; February 4, 2008, 07:22 PM.
          --
          stipus

Comment

Strange behavior with latest plugging:
            Recognize off when they are on all the time, none of them are dim (lamp) modules) No time for logging right now, will see tomorrow.

Comment

Have the latest version running and seems to be ok for me EXCEPT the DIM status % is a little bit out, if I do a 'Poll Devices' it will list the lamp correctly as being at 80% but then on the status page it will show up as 77%, this error only seems to be there when reading the DIM level from the module.

Comment

That's because the dim-level is sent as a X10 Preset-Dim 0-31 to HomeSeer.

I think I'll remove this from the next version, and find another way to update the Dim level.
                --
                stipus

Comment

Here is version V1.20.2.2

Change log:

- Reworked dim level %. The plugin doesn't use the X10 Preset Dim 0-31 command anymore, and the reported dim level (HomeSeer status page) is now correct (the same as the PlcBus Status-Request reply: 0% to 100%).

- Filtered extra messages echo'ed by the 3-phase coupler (this needs to be confirmed by a PlcBus user using the 3-phase coupler. Lunkan ?).

- Reworked Scene status:
                  When a scene ON/OFF command is sent or received by the plugin, the HomeSeer status of each scene entry is updated.
                  When any PlcBus device that is part of a scene changes status, the HomeSeer scene status is set to off.

- Prevented the PlcBus driver from sending any new request while it is waiting for a PlcBus reply. This avoids collisions between the reply and the request... This made the new dim level tracking mode much more reliable.
                  If you send a query such as a Status-Request to a non existing module, you may see a new error message from the driver: "Timeout waiting for PlcBus reply to query : xxx"
                  If you checked "Wait for Ack mode" in the plugin Web Configuration interface, you may see the following message if you send a ON/OFF/DIM command to a non existing or unplugged module: "Timeout waiting for ACK reply to command: xxx"

[EDIT] Attachement removed as it's now available from the HomeSeer updater.
                  Last edited by stipus; February 12, 2008, 07:18 PM.
                  --
                  stipus

Comment

Tested V1.20.2.2, works as it should! Show the right status now: on/off dim.
                    Sometimes before when I used an event it happens that a lamp not get on/off, usually on the same phase as the PLC usb controller is. This is module C1 & C2.
                    Attached Files

Comment

V1.20.2.2 has been sent to the updater. Should be available soon.
                      --
                      stipus

Comment

V1.20.2.2 is now available from the HomeSeer updater.
                        --
                        stipus

Comment

Hi stipus

As I use a mixture of X10 and PLCBUS modules I'm wondering if you would consider adding a feature to this plug-in that allows a simple X10 to PLCBUS translation.

I'm sure I'm not the only one converting from X10 and I think it would be extremely helpful if there was an option to convert X10 signals to PLCBUS signals, this would allow people to keep all their existing X10 transmitters and allow a seemless intergration of the PLCBUS modules.

Keith

Comment

I also have a mix of X10 and PLCBUS modules.

I'm currently translating a few X10 commands to PLCBUS using HomeSeer events, but I agree this would be easier using a plugin translation feature.

I'll look into this.
                            --
                            stipus

Comment

A bug has been found if you want to program an appliance device to be OFF in a PlcBus Scene.

This will be fixed ASAP.
                              --
                              stipus

Comment

Here is version V1.22.2.2 of the PLCBUS Connector plugin.

Change log:

- Fixed a bug when you need an appliance device to be OFF in a scene
                                - Dim Level field is not required anymore when you want a Lamp Device to be OFF in a scene.
                                - PlcBus Fast Polling is now temporarily disabled while programming a scene. (Fast Polling could sometime interfere with scene programming).
                                - Fixed a bug if you try to send an impossible command such as "A3", "All Lights On" using the HomeSeer API.

[EDIT] Attachement removed as it's now available from the HomeSeer updater.
                                Last edited by stipus; February 28, 2008, 03:16 AM.
                                --
                                stipus

Comment

Working...
                                X