This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RCS TZ43 Features

1. The TZ43 keeps track of hours of operation for a) Filters, b) Heater, and C) A/C. I'd like to use these for HS events to schedule maintenance. Can these values be exposed as seperate HS Device values?

2. The TZ43 has 3 modes: Run (Schedule), Hold, and Away. Is there a way for BLStat to switch from Run to Hold and Hold to Run? [I'm aware on On command will switch from Away to the last used Run/Hold mode and an Off will switch from Run/Hold to Away.]

3. Is there a possability of setting up the schedules in BLSTAT and then downloading them to the TZ43 for operation in Run mode. I'm planning on controlling a 2nd house via my main HS and I want it to have the Heating/Cooling operate even when the Internet connection goes down -- i.e. Central control and decentralized operation.

Comment

Hi Blade,
      In this post you have asked me to supply with the log in regard of this error.

>>If you have the stat in hold in the plugin then any manual change in setpoint should force >>it back to the hold setpoint
      >>Are you saying this is not happening?
      >>If not then please capture a debug log of this in the plugin and email me the BLStat->>Detailed.log file (ZIPPED)

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
        Hi Blade,

>>If you have the stat in hold in the plugin then any manual change in setpoint should force >>it back to the hold setpoint
        >>If not then please capture a debug log of this in the plugin and email me the BLStat->>Detailed.log file (ZIPPED)

Thanks
        OK I will have a look as soon as I can
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Hi Blade,

Thanks
          It looks like you have entered a hold minutes of 300 and 360. I am not sure if you thought this was 300 seconds which is 5 minutes.
          In the log it shows that 300 minutes has not been reached so that is why it is staying in hold.
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

Ok, I'm confuse. If I put a thermostat on "Hold" via the plugin I should be able to reset it if I decide to manually change it, do you agree? The "Hold" feature is great because I can set it to stay for 300 min at 68F but if my wife changes it, it should change back to manual mode.

Comment

Ok, I'm confuse. If I put a thermostat on "Hold" via the plugin I should be able to reset it if I decide to manually change it, do you agree? The "Hold" feature is great because I can set it to stay for 300 min at 68F but if my wife changes it, it should change back to manual mode.
              That is not how it works.
              If you put the stat in hold mode it will stay in HOLD until the hold minutes have been reached or you take it out of hold and put it back in RUN mode.
              If you change the setpoint while it is in hold then it forces the setpoint back to the hold setpoint.
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Can the stat page display the time remaining until hold mode is released?

Comment

In addition to the HomeSeer devices that BLStat currently creates, can it also create a device that reports each stat's Run/Hold information so that this can be referenced in events or via the DeviceString script?

Comment

Originally posted by travis010 View Post
                    In addition to the HomeSeer devices that BLStat currently creates, can it also create a device that reports each stat's Run/Hold information so that this can be referenced in events or via the DeviceString script?
                    There is a run/hold device that shows the run or hold status
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                      There is a run/hold device that shows the run or hold status
                      For some reason, it wasn't showing up. I got it to show as a device now as well as active schedule. I just had to go into the plug-in options and recheck the box for "Create HomeSeer Devices for Thermostats". Not sure when it became unchecked.

Thanks!
                      Last edited by travis010; January 6, 2011, 09:01 PM.

Comment

This is one of the example. When the battery goes down I get similar messages. Right now I have two thermostats running on battery and I'm replacing the battery twice a month.
                        1/1/2011 8:49:06 PM ZWave Thermostats Aborting poll of this thermostat due to and error retrieving the temperature. Node: 4
                        1/1/2011 8:49:06 PM ERROR Timeout waiting for send abort to complete

I also noted that if I hold the setpoint via the Run/Hold Mode and I change manually the temperature, it will not reset the hold status.

I also need to read your manual for more details but it seems that the max setpoint is not working properly. I changed the temperature to 80 above the 70 setpoint and it does not change it back, do I need to wait thru the manual setpoint to expire or the 120 seconds poll of thermostats?.

Thanks,
                        Aldo
                        You could do this using BLLogMonitor
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

A little off topic but...

I've been so impressed with your efforts and responsiveness with this that I want to convert my Doomotion devices to the Blradar and then add the Blsecurity.

I'd like to use your conversion program but can't figure out how to use it. Are there instructions for the converter?

Thanks again and the blstat is now working great for me

Comment

Originally posted by gelessor View Post
                            I've been so impressed with your efforts and responsiveness with this that I want to convert my Doomotion devices to the Blradar and then add the Blsecurity.

I'd like to use your conversion program but can't figure out how to use it. Are there instructions for the converter?

Thanks again and the blstat is now working great for me
                            When you download the app zip file it should contain a readme file that should be all you need.
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

Zip file I downloaded only seems to have the program in the zip folder....

Comment

Download it again.
                                I added the read me to it
                                Cheers,
                                Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X