Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change in BLRFID

Bob:

Was there a change in the plug-in that I might have missed?

This past weekend I added a new tag and group. Since then none of my events that trigger on a group status change work.

It's been awhile since I updated the plug-in, wish I could remember how long ago but I usually updated it the same day you make it available, even if I'm not going to use whatever you added or changed.

I looked at the device string and value and what I get is

DeviceString = - DeviceValue = 0

Seems like an odd string to get back even though in the HS status page I get your usual rfid icon and either "active" or "inactive".
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

No change in a while.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

I'll turn in a ticket if you need it but right now neither tags or groups are changing value, and the device string for all of them is "-" .

The trouble started oddly enough not when I updated to 1.0.38.0, but when i added a tag and group. Since then no changes in the values or string. I see in the change logs in .37 you made changes to the device status and values. Is it possible that it kept operating just fine here until I added that new tag and group?

Maybe I just need to re-install or something? It's a hard one to test since the wife is tired driving around the block so the tag disappears so I can watch it re-connect.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

As an update I re-installed the plug-in, I had the latest and just re-installed. Looking on the status page for the tags and groups i checked a few device strings and values of both groups and tags both in range and not.

The value is always the same, 0 for them all weather in range or out of range. The groups are the same, 0 or active or inactive.

The device strings are correct on the hs status page but all i get when i test for it is a -

it's all very weird.
        Marty
        ------

Comment

That is weird.
          I have not had anyone else with this issue.
          What version are you running?
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

I got most of it working again by installing an older version and then re-installing the current version 38.

The weird thing is the values still say 0 no matter what the tag or group status is. Is that the way it's supposed to be?
            Marty
            ------

Comment

It must be because I have not touched that part of the code in ages.
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Well don't touch it now, I'm back up and running. My events are triggering again and the wife is worn out from driving around the block.

I don't know what happened but re-installing seems to have fixed whatever got scrambled.
                Marty
                ------

Comment

Glad you got it working.
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
                    Well don't touch it now, I'm back up and running. My events are triggering again and the wife is worn out from driving around the block.

I don't know what happened but re-installing seems to have fixed whatever got scrambled.
                    haha, I would have just pulled the battery...and put it back in...

But I won't tell her...she might not like knowing there was an easier way!
                    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Well, it would have figured that was the tag i noticed first and it's hardwired yet. it was easier for her to go round the block than for me to run up and down hooking and un-hooking the thing. pulling batteries was what i did after i realized it wasn't that particular tag that was giving me troubles but the events not firing.

Besides it makes her feel useful getting the HA fixed.
                      Marty
                      ------

Comment

Working...
                      X