Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Home now available under services! (Discontinued)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Home now available under services! (Discontinued)

NOTE: This is no longer available. We now support Google Direct Actions using their SmartHome API! See this thread for details:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=190074

HomeSeer can now be controlled with Google Home using their services API. This method allows you to control HomeSeer with your voice using commands like:

"Ok, Google, tell homeseer to turn on the kitchen lights"

To enable, open your Google Home app on your mobile device, go to the menu and select "More Settings...", then "Services". Scroll down to HomeSeer and link. Log in with your MyHS account that is associated with the HomeSeer system you want to control.

Advantages to this mode is that you can control ANY device in HomeSeer, just enable the device for voice control in the device properties in HomeSeer.

Enjoy!

Note that native "Home Control" support is coming soon!
    Last edited by rjh; July 19, 2017, 08:37 AM.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    HomeSeer can now be controlled with Google Home using their services API. This method allows you to control HomeSeer with your voice using commands like:

"Ok, Google, tell homeseer to turn on the kitchen lights"

To enable, open your Google Home app on your mobile device, go to the menu and select "More Settings...", then "Services". Scroll down to HomeSeer and link. Log in with your MyHS account that is associated with the HomeSeer system you want to control.

Advantages to this mode is that you can control ANY device in HomeSeer, just enable the device for voice control in the device properties in HomeSeer.

Enjoy!

Note that native "Home Control" support is coming soon!
    Not in the UK

Comment

Updated to .318 and linked in inside Home to my myHS account. Nothing working yet when I issues commands, not sure how long it takes to enable. She listens, then says nothing.

It was strange as it's flipping between linked/unlinked when I look in the Google Home app.

EDIT: I think I see part of the issues, I say "I tell Homeseer..." with my phone near by, it tries to send me a text to my "Home" contact. If I turn off the phone, she tells me that she can't send messages yet. I'll try to rename that. She's stubborn and won't hear "homeseer" I think as a result.

EDIT2: After changing my "Home" contact and making sure my IFTTT action was disabled, Google Home (and the phone assistant), both now hear "Homeseer". However the Phone shows me results for using IFTTT with Homeseer, and the Google Home doesn't do anything. Anyone else have any luck?
      Last edited by mloebl; April 8, 2017, 07:52 PM.

Comment

I have the Google Home in my home (sitting right next to an Echo), and its working fine. I do not have IFTTT enabled, so I cannot say if that is causing an issue. However, to make it work, make sure your devices have the "Voice Command" checkbox checked, or you cannot control them. If you have a device named "Lights" and its location is "Kitchen", you should be able to say:

"Ok, Google, tell HomeSeer to turn on the kitchen lights"

Check your HomeSeer log, it will display the voice command it heard, make sure it matches your device name.

It is a pain that my phone here's the command also, but it is smart enough to allow the Home device to handle it. Still wakes the phone display though.

Originally posted by mloebl View Post
        Updated to .318 and linked in inside Home to my myHS account. Nothing working yet when I issues commands, not sure how long it takes to enable. She listens, then says nothing.

It was strange as it's flipping between linked/unlinked when I look in the Google Home app.

EDIT: I think I see part of the issues, I say "I tell Homeseer..." with my phone near by, it tries to send me a text to my "Home" contact. If I turn off the phone, she tells me that she can't send messages yet. I'll try to rename that. She's stubborn and won't hear "homeseer" I think as a result.

EDIT2: After changing my "Home" contact and making sure my IFTTT action was disabled, Google Home (and the phone assistant), both now hear "Homeseer". However the Phone shows me results for using IFTTT with Homeseer, and the Google Home doesn't do anything. Anyone else have any luck?

Comment

I have the Google Home in my home (sitting right next to an Echo), and its working fine. I do not have IFTTT enabled, so I cannot say if that is causing an issue. However, to make it work, make sure your devices have the "Voice Command" checkbox checked, or you cannot control them. If you have a device named "Lights" and its location is "Kitchen", you should be able to say:

"Ok, Google, tell HomeSeer to turn on the kitchen lights"

Check your HomeSeer log, it will display the voice command it heard, make sure it matches your device name.

It is a pain that my phone here's the command also, but it is smart enough to allow the Home device to handle it. Still wakes the phone display though.
          Can't get Google to parse out Homeseer correctly. So far I get:
          Home Theater
          Home CR2
          Homey Seer
          Home sewer

Will have to wait for native app I guess. Alexa (sitting right next to Google) is looking pretty proud of herself right now. Probably jamming Google with Bluetooth DOS ..

Z
          Last edited by vasrc; April 9, 2017, 10:43 AM.

Comment

@rjh Thanks for the quick reply. I do have the voice on devices enabled (as works great with Alexa, and with IFTTT before I disabled it.) I don't think the service is properly connected to my account, as definitely not making it to Homeseer at all looking at the logs.

Regardless thanks for your hard work on this!

Comment

Try to unlink it then link again, see if that gets it working.

Originally posted by mloebl View Post
              @rjh Thanks for the quick reply. I do have the voice on devices enabled (as works great with Alexa, and with IFTTT before I disabled it.) I don't think the service is properly connected to my account, as definitely not making it to Homeseer at all looking at the logs.

Regardless thanks for your hard work on this!

Comment

Try to unlink it then link again, see if that gets it working.
                Tried it a couple times, no luck unfortunately; not hitting HS from what I can tell in the logs. The Google Home lights spin around a couple times, then doesn't do anything.

Comment

Any reason why it has been disabled for UK English? Alexa work with both American and UK English.
                  iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Google Home working for me

Hi all, I can confirm that Google Home works for me.

At first it did not. I went to Tools>Setup>Network> and made sure the Homeseer login I used to link Google Home to Homeseer had both admin and local rights. Once I did that, it worked fine. I had deleted all my IFTTT homeseer recipes too.

So far I only tried turn on, turn off, and dim commands. But all worked.

Some errors I got before I changed the user rights:

"Device not found"
                    "That command was not found on this device"
                    Log shows info heard: Living room "lite" instead of living room "light" (really!?!)

A public thanks to RJH... thank you.
                    Last edited by sniogi; April 9, 2017, 08:38 PM. Reason: Thanks

Comment

I found this also. Almost gave up but remembered with another service I had to say "talk to Home seer" first. She responds with some information, after that it works just fine with the normal "tell homeseer to..."

I also found it is best to disable IFTTT.

Good luck.

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
                      Can't get Google to parse out Homeseer correctly. So far I get:
                      Home Theater
                      Home CR2
                      Homey Seer
                      Home sewer

Will have to wait for native app I guess. Alexa (sitting right next to Google) is looking pretty proud of herself right now. Probably jamming Google with Bluetooth DOS ..

Z

Comment

Originally posted by deanrparry View Post
                        Not in the UK
                        Originally posted by mminehan View Post
                        Any reason why it has been disabled for UK English? Alexa work with both American and UK English.
                        Looking at the Google Developer forums, I found this:

Thanks for your interest in deploying Actions on Google in the UK. The platform is currently only available in the US. While we're working on making it available in other countries, we do not have a formal date to share just yet. To stay up to date, feel free to check out our Developer blog at: developers.googleblog.com.
                        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

Thanks for your interest in deploying Actions on Google in the UK. The platform is currently only available in the US. While we're working on making it available in other countries, we do not have a formal date to share just yet. To stay up to date, feel free to check out our Developer blog at: developers.googleblog.com.
                          Ok....looks like I will have to set Google Home back to US. Not a major problem but I think it understands my New Zealand accent better when set to UK English.
                          iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Originally posted by mminehan View Post
                            Ok....looks like I will have to set Google Home back to US. Not a major problem but I think it understands my New Zealand accent better when set to UK English.
                            Not sure that will work still? i have both US and UK versions of Google Home and neither will show me services anymore... and the US used to allow me access to some cool 3rd party stuff lijke Akinator etc... but they have all vanished! Regardless of language

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

Thank you Jon00 much appreciated

Comment

Working...
                              X