SEL won't restart on power restore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SEL won't restart on power restore

My SEL used to restart automatically after a power outage returns power to the SEL.

But I just discovered it no longer does so. Anyone know why this has happened or what controls the auto restart?

-------------------------------------------------------
    Current Date/Time: 5/3/2017 9:41:41 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.318
    Linux version: Linux hometrollerSEL 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 8 Minutes 33 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.100.101
    Number of Devices: 187
    Number of Events: 171
    Available Threads: 199

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.35.0: BLLAN
    3.0.0.5: CM15A
    1.0.0.0: drhsEventEnabler
    3.0.0.103: HSTouch Server
    3.0.4.2: SDJ-Health
    3.0.5917.35093: UltraLog3
    3.0.1.110: Z-Wave

Pretty sure that's a setting in the hardware BIOS. That's not something I would expect to change suddenly though; odd. Contact our support folks for help with that.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
      Pretty sure that's a setting in the hardware BIOS. That's not something I would expect to change suddenly though; odd. Contact our support folks for help with that.
      I should have added that it happened after my SEL had another of it's gmail caused HS3 crashes. I really need to do something about using another email system.

However, this time when I turned the power off and on as I usually do, it wouldn't boot up.

I connected a screen to check what was going on and there was a disk error. First time I've had that occur. Fixed that, then it reported mono-sgen had stopped unexpectedly. I assumed that it was related to the disk error. Rebooted several times after that and it looked fine.

Next I tried turning the power off then on, and that is when I discovered that the SEL was not restarting automatically.

Comment

Thanks for your pointer anyway. It's fixed now.

Hope the disk error stays away and is not a sign of a deteriorating SSD.

Comment

In Linux you can force a disk check while it is booting or boot up with a USB / ISO disk checking disk which will do an external check of the SSD.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
            In Linux you can force a disk check while it is booting or boot up with a USB / ISO disk checking disk which will do an external check of the SSD.
            Thanks for the pointer Pete. So I take it you permanently leave the USB ISO disk plugged in as a fail safe?

Where can I get the ISO file?

Comment

No.

A bootable USB / ISO is only utilized for repair of the main hard drive and only if needed.

It just boots up to either a wintel or Linux desk top with disk repair utilities.

This is a last resort fix if forcing a disk check doesn't fix the hard drive.

Here is my favorite that I have used recently.

Boot-Repair-disk

Using Linux/Windows tools you can write the ISO to a USB stick. I have not burned a CD / DVD in many years now.

In Linux it is a bit different. You configure a forced disk check in the boot sequence where as it checks the disk before booting the OS (or mounting the hard drive).
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                No.

A bootable USB / ISO is only utilized for repair of the main hard drive and only if needed.

It just boots up to either a wintel or Linux desk top with disk repair utilities.

This is a last resort fix if forcing a disk check doesn't fix the hard drive.

Here is my favorite that I have used recently.

Boot-Repair-disk

Using Linux/Windows tools you can write the ISO to a USB stick. I have not burned a CD / DVD in many years now.

In Linux it is a bit different. You configure a forced disk check in the boot sequence where as it checks the disk before booting the OS (or mounting the hard drive).
                Great! Thanks for the tips Pete.

Comment

Working...
                X