Application Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Application Error

I updated to Windows Creator over the weekend. Now having stability issues with HS. Looking through the Windows Events and I found the following.

Anything to be concerned about?

1.1.2.9: JowiHue
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.318
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station

Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Error
    Date: 7/5/2017 3:28:11 AM
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: HA-PC-1
    Description:
    Faulting application name: HSPI_JowiHue.exe, version: 1.1.2.9, time stamp: 0x593e6de1
    Faulting module name: mscorlib.ni.dll, version: 4.7.2098.0, time stamp: 0x59028c3e
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x003f7eb2
    Faulting process id: 0x1d90
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d2f469c9ce82f6
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_JowiHue.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_32\mscorlib\6016 8c5ef35b35be068c18c672f7ba34\mscorlib.ni.dll
    Report Id: 7b439cc6-3203-4806-8b14-625216ca7a77
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-07-05T07:28:11.502786200Z" />
    <EventRecordID>265</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>HA-PC-1</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>HSPI_JowiHue.exe</Data>
    <Data>1.1.2.9</Data>
    <Data>593e6de1</Data>
    <Data>mscorlib.ni.dll</Data>
    <Data>4.7.2098.0</Data>
    <Data>59028c3e</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>003f7eb2</Data>
    <Data>1d90</Data>
    <Data>01d2f469c9ce82f6</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_JowiHue.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_32\mscorli b\60168c5ef35b35be068c18c672f7ba34\mscorlib.ni.dll</Data>
    <Data>7b439cc6-3203-4806-8b14-625216ca7a77</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

Log Name: Application
    Source: .NET Runtime
    Date: 7/5/2017 3:28:11 AM
    Event ID: 1026
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: HA-PC-1
    Description:
    Application: HSPI_JowiHue.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messa ging.IMessage)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Syst em.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.MessageData ByRef, Int32)
    at HomeSeerAPI.IHSApplication.WriteLog(System.String, System.String)
    at HSPI_JowiHue.utils.Log(System.String, LogLevel)
    at HSPI_JowiHue.HueTools.UpdateStatusTimer()
    at HSPI_JowiHue.HueTools+_Closure$__._Lambda$__R67-3(System.Object)
    at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallbackInContext(Syste m.Object)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threadi ng.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.Execu tionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallback()
    at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire()
    at System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireNextTimers()
    at System.Threading.TimerQueue.AppDomainTimerCallback()

Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name=".NET Runtime" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1026</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-07-05T07:28:11.366770300Z" />
    <EventRecordID>264</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>HA-PC-1</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>Application: HSPI_JowiHue.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messa ging.IMessage)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Syst em.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.MessageData ByRef, Int32)
    at HomeSeerAPI.IHSApplication.WriteLog(System.String, System.String)
    at HSPI_JowiHue.utils.Log(System.String, LogLevel)
    at HSPI_JowiHue.HueTools.UpdateStatusTimer()
    at HSPI_JowiHue.HueTools+_Closure$__._Lambda$__R67-3(System.Object)
    at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallbackInContext(Syste m.Object)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threadi ng.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.Execu tionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallback()
    at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire()
    at System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireNextTimers()
    at System.Threading.TimerQueue.AppDomainTimerCallback()

</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

Facke02,

Do you remember the action done at the time the plugin aborted? In the version before current it was possibe the plugin would log this message when HS3 closed the plugin (either by stopping HS or by disabling the plugin).
    I thought I had catched this issue from happening. But if the time of this eventlog matches you closing HS3 or restarting the plugin, then obviously there is still something wrong (although it won't hurt how HS3 or the plugin works, becuase it is about closing the plugin)

Thanks,

Wim

*edit* BTW, I am running the creators edition for quite some time now and have no issues regarding HS3 or the plugin so far......
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
      Facke02,

Do you remember the action done at the time the plugin aborted? In the version before current it was possibe the plugin would log this message when HS3 closed the plugin (either by stopping HS or by disabling the plugin).
      I thought I had catched this issue from happening. But if the time of this eventlog matches you closing HS3 or restarting the plugin, then obviously there is still something wrong (although it won't hurt how HS3 or the plugin works, becuase it is about closing the plugin)

Thanks,

Wim

*edit* BTW, I am running the creators edition for quite some time now and have no issues regarding HS3 or the plugin so far......
      Wim,

The house was a sleep when this error occurred. The last thing this plugin did was turn off the Hue lights at 11 PM when all the other lights (Z-Wave) went off. HS3 was gone when I noticed none of my automations hadn't run for the day. No idea what happened. The HS log was cleared on the restart. Nothing other than this error was in the Event Log. I'm watching closely to see if it happens again and to track down the cause.

Thanks for the confirmation on Creator edition working fine.

Ken

Comment

Ken,

Thanks for the explanation... So it might have been HS3 going down causing JowiHue throwing the exception. Please keep an eye on it for me? If it happens again without HS3 going down I sure want to know.

Thanks,

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Ken,

Thanks for the explanation... So it might have been HS3 going down causing JowiHue throwing the exception. Please keep an eye on it for me? If it happens again without HS3 going down I sure want to know.

Thanks,

Wim
          Wim,

It happened again early this morning. Only thing in the Event Log is JowiHue. HS log shows nothing odd. HS3 and every other plugin were gone. No trace of anything happening.

Very odd...

Ken

Comment

Ken,

Are you using HS3 Pro? I have HS3 Pro and was using the HSEntry with it. When I updated to the latest of Win10, the HSEntry would trigger without log or clarity on what happend. I just disabled it the as it did not trigger before. Maybe as a test, disable HSEntry in the settings en see if HS keeps running?

I am convinced there is still an issue when the plugin closes, but have to find what is causing this. But in your case it triggered by closure of HS3. Why HS3 closes, I don't know... it might be HSEntry

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

Ken,

Are you using HS3 Pro? I have HS3 Pro and was using the HSEntry with it. When I updated to the latest of Win10, the HSEntry would trigger without log or clarity on what happend. I just disabled it the as it did not trigger before. Maybe as a test, disable HSEntry in the settings en see if HS keeps running?

I am convinced there is still an issue when the plugin closes, but have to find what is causing this. But in your case it triggered by closure of HS3. Why HS3 closes, I don't know... it might be HSEntry

Wim
              Wim,

No, I'm using HS3 non Pro version. I'll take a look and see if HSEntry is running on my installation.

Thanks for the feedback.

Edit: I just checked and HSSentry is no enabled or running. I'll keep watching, but my System Uptime is 4 Days 4 Hours 28 Minutes 10 Seconds, which better than I've been getting.

Ken
              Last edited by facke02; July 11, 2017, 10:39 AM. Reason: Added update

Comment

I reinstalled HS3 and it seems to have fixed my stability issue. Now watch it crash since I said something.

Anyway, thanks for the assistance.

Ken

Comment

Ken,

Hope this helps... but I wonder why a reinstall of HS is needed....
                  Thanks,

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

Ken,

Hope this helps... but I wonder why a reinstall of HS is needed....
                    Thanks,

Wim
                    Wim,

It's been running fine for 9 days now. Never got more than 2 days after the Windows Creator update installed. My only guess is that update corrupted something the HS3 needed.

I hope this works too...

Thanks

Ken

Comment

Ken,

Maybe you are right. Here I forced win10 updates to be under my control, when I want it. I do a bimonthly update. And I am pretty sure that when I received the creators update I also upgraded HS3 to latest level.... so probably that prevented the issue for me? Lucky me!

thanks,

Wim
                      -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                      X