Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Major Upgrade for HomeSeer Amazon Echo Skill!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working with Events*
    Use the syntax and examples below to construct phrases that will launch HomeSeer events.*
    Tip:*Consider changing your*Event Names*if the phrases you're required to use sound unnatural in any way.
    "{Attention Phrase}*{Command}*{Event Name}*{Command}"

Launching HomeSeer Events
    "{Alexa, Tell HomeSeer to}*{Turn all lights off}"
    "{Alexa, Tell HomeSeer to}*{Run the Event}{Turn all lights off}"
    "{Alexa, Tell HomeSeer to}*{Run the}*{Turn all lights off}*{Event}"
    You are correct, this needs updating to reflect the current process.

The first phrase would be a recognized phrase in the event, rather than the event name.

The second one is the standard phrasing.

I have edited the code to accept the third phrasing. This will be available in the next release.
    Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
      You are correct, this needs updating to reflect the current process.

The first phrase would be a recognized phrase in the event, rather than the event name.

The second one is the standard phrasing.

I have edited the code to accept the third phrasing. This will be available in the next release.
      Question: If I use the trigger "a phrase was recognized" and also add a condition, will the condition stop the execution of the event?

My reason is this: I have an event to put the house in "sleep mode" and I want to use the phrase "Put the house to sleep", but only want to do this if my virtual device for the time of day is "evening". Attached is my event. I want to make sure that if the day state is not evening or night it won't run, even from voice control

Also, can I say "Alexa, tell homeseer to put the house to sleep in 2 minutes" or would it be "Alexa tell homeseer to in two minutes put the house to sleep". The former is "better" because it is normal speech, the latter would be ok, but it's awkward to say.
      Attached Files

Comment

This is not related to my questions above, just an observation.

One of my big "WAF" issues was that the kitchen lights would turn off if my wife didn't move around enough when cooking, cleaning, playing with kids on the kitchen floor. I know there are ways around this like "turn lights on, off, and on again", but that was not really "acceptable" to me (and required specific timing to work with no way of knowing if it worked or not). If I had already converted to Insteon, I would have just used the fast on, but those lights are still z-wave (and the insteon still has no way of indicating the change unless you use a KPL and one of the buttons to indicate status).

Today I made the "Automatic lights" dependent upon a virtual device called "Kitchen Automatic Lights". When on, it will turn the lights on/off automatically. If It is off HS leaves the lights alone regardless of state.

Now my wife can say "Alexa, tell homeseer to turn off the Automatic Kitchen Lights for 1 hour". My only issue is that I can't find a way to see if a device has delayed actions. I would like it if I could add an event that would turn the virtual switch back on after 1 hour, but ONLY if it does not have any delayed actions and is not part of any delayed actions (specifically delayed voice actions).

Comment

We will clarify that page.

QUOTE=sirmeili;1235278]If you are saying that is the ONLY way to run an event using the event name, then you need to fix the page that the first post in this thread links to. It clearly states you do NOT have to say " run the event":

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Sure, add an action to the button and select the action:

"Start listening for a voice command"

Originally posted by ViperJD View Post
            Anyway to add that "button" to custom HSTouch screens (using HSTouch Designer)?
            I already have designed my screens, but would like to have the button that would allow the Google prompt popup without going back to the built in screens.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
              Sure, add an action to the button and select the action:

"Start listening for a voice command"

THANK YOU! So simple when you know where to look.

It is strange that on some devices it works and others it does not recognize, I did check it is hearing the right words, but still does not find the device. Except when I would say "Pam's", it never got it, so I changed it to "Pam", which it hears but does not find. It constantly hears and finds "Jeff's light", but not "Jeff's floor lamp".

Note in the code below Jeff's Light and Dresser Light Work and Jeff's Floor Lamp and Pam Light are heard but not found.

Code:
              ************************  THESE WORK ***************************

First Floor	Master Bedroom	Jeff's Light

Mar-21 8:00:39 AM	 	Z-Wave	Device: First Floor Master Bedroom Jeff's Light Set to 0
              Mar-21 8:00:39 AM	 	TTS	Speak (hometroller:JDs Samsung S6):OK, I will turn Jeff's light off
              Mar-21 8:00:39 AM	 	ASR	Device voice command: turn Jeff's light off
              Mar-21 8:00:39 AM	 	Info	Heard: turn jeff's light off
              Mar-21 8:00:29 AM	 	Z-Wave	Device: First Floor Master Bedroom Jeff's Light Set to 99
              Mar-21 8:00:29 AM	 	TTS	Speak (hometroller:JDs Samsung S6):OK, I will turn Jeff's light on
              Mar-21 8:00:29 AM	 	ASR	Device voice command: turn Jeff's light on
              Mar-21 8:00:29 AM	 	Info	Heard: turn jeff's light on

First Floor	Master Bedroom	Dresser Light

Mar-21 8:09:28 AM	 	Z-Wave	Device: First Floor Master Bedroom Dresser Light Set to 0
              Mar-21 8:09:28 AM	 	TTS	Speak (hometroller:JDs Samsung S6):OK, I will turn dresser light off
              Mar-21 8:09:28 AM	 	ASR	Device voice command: turn dresser light off
              Mar-21 8:09:28 AM	 	Info	Heard: turn dresser light off
              Mar-21 8:09:18 AM	 	Z-Wave	Device: First Floor Master Bedroom Dresser Light Set to 99
              Mar-21 8:09:18 AM	 	TTS	Speak (hometroller:JDs Samsung S6):OK, I will turn dresser light on
              Mar-21 8:09:18 AM	 	ASR	Device voice command: turn dresser light on
              Mar-21 8:09:18 AM	 	Info	Heard: turn dresser light on

*******************  THESE DO NOT WORK  ***********************

First Floor	Master Bedroom	Jeff's Floor Lamp

Mar-21 8:04:11 AM	 	TTS	Speak (hometroller:JDs Samsung S6):That device was not found.
              Mar-21 8:04:11 AM	 	Info	Heard: turn jeff's floor lamp off

First Floor	Master Bedroom	Pam Light

Mar-21 8:09:53 AM	 	TTS	Speak (hometroller:JDs Samsung S6):That device was not found.
              Mar-21 8:09:53 AM	 	Info	Heard: turn pam light on

Comment

I will do some testing on those phrases to see what the issue is.
                Wade

Comment

I made a device called 'Jeff's Floor Lamp'

Using the phrase 'turn jeff's floor lamp off' produced the desired result.

I made a device called Pam Light'

Using the phrase 'turn pam light on' produced the desired result.

Are the names provided the device names or are they a combination of room and device?
                  Wade

Comment

Thanks Sgt.
                    Not sure what is going on on my side. I keep working it as time allows.

Comment

OK, found the problem. Those devices did not have "Voice command:" checked. doh!

Comment

I saw that Rich said there is no way to send audio to the Echo but I noticed when running an event via the Echo that the following confirmation is generated by HS3 and spoken by the Echo:

Apr-09 14:50:38 TTS Speak (json: ):OK, running the event check garage door status

Could there be any way to use a "speak" command in an event directing the audio back to the json connection that initiated the event just like it appears HS is doing for the confirmation?

Comment

We can send audio to the echo in response to a command. We cannot send it unsolicited.

You can connect your PC to the echo speaker using bluetooth then send audio with the speaker client. It will use the PC TTS though so will sound different.

Originally posted by Rube Goldberg View Post
                          I saw that Rich said there is no way to send audio to the Echo but I noticed when running an event via the Echo that the following confirmation is generated by HS3 and spoken by the Echo:

Apr-09 14:50:38 TTS Speak (json: ):OK, running the event check garage door status

Could there be any way to use a "speak" command in an event directing the audio back to the json connection that initiated the event just like it appears HS is doing for the confirmation?

Comment

Lexi

Originally posted by Gallina View Post
                            Now if we could talk to Alexa from our I phone that would be great. I'm sure its a matter of time. I hope soon I'm Old.

Thanks again team
                            There is an app called Lexi which will give you alexa on your IPhone

Comment

While I haven't used it I think you can talk to the Echo through the Amazon app.

Comment

Originally posted by sonypoolplr View Post
                                While I haven't used it I think you can talk to the Echo through the Amazon app.

Can anyone confirm this?

Tis a good question that is asked this day

Comment

Working...
                                X