www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion > HomeSeer Insteon Plug-in

HomeSeer Insteon Plug-in Discussions related to HomeSeer's own Insteon Plug-in

Old December 27th, 2014, 06:21 PM
Seer Master

Power outage

Just sat through a power outage though homeseer remained operational on backup power. When power was restored the I stein plugin is showing no interface found though it is now receiving power. Is this a bug or an issue with the plm?
Old December 27th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Seer Master

Restarting the plugin fixed the problem. Is there a workaround?
Old December 27th, 2014, 09:07 PM
Insteon Overlord

kideon,
the plugin doesn't understand what a power outage is so you must manage the process.

In general when the plugin can't communicate with the plm, an Insteon trigger will be fired: initially, Insteon "Interface stops responding", and then finally "interface crashes".

In order to start the plugin again, there is an action insteon "enable interface" that should restart comm with the plugin if everything else is good (ie power, etc)

so in general, when power is restored you can do fire the above action, or just restart hs completely depending on your needs.

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.368
Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | Vista Alarm 20P with AD2USB | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
Plugins: Insteon 3.0.6.23 (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | Jon00 Charting
Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory
Old December 29th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Insteon Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsandler View Post
kideon,
the plugin doesn't understand what a power outage is so you must manage the process.

In general when the plugin can't communicate with the plm, an Insteon trigger will be fired: initially, Insteon "Interface stops responding", and then finally "interface crashes".

In order to start the plugin again, there is an action insteon "enable interface" that should restart comm with the plugin if everything else is good (ie power, etc)

so in general, when power is restored you can do fire the above action, or just restart hs completely depending on your needs.
my comments are only related to my plugin. didn't realize i was responding to a post in this forum.