Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been using tenDisplayHsDevices and tenScripting to debug a Z-Wave Schlage Lock event and find it an invaluable tool.

One suggestion I would like to make is to add the option to 'filter' the output of the Status Changes windows to the currently selected device. It would make it much easier to sort through what's happening to focus on the current device selected.

Thanks for the great tool Ed!

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
      I've been using tenDisplayHsDevices and tenScripting to debug a Z-Wave Schlage Lock event and find it an invaluable tool.

One suggestion I would like to make is to add the option to 'filter' the output of the Status Changes windows to the currently selected device. It would make it much easier to sort through what's happening to focus on the current device selected.

Thanks for the great tool Ed!
      Are you looking for the filter capability in tenDisplayHsDevices or tenScripting ?

tenholde
      tenholde

Comment

tenDisplayHsDevices has been updated to version 2.3

http://www.tenholder.net/tenWare2/tenDisplayHsDevices

1) Added filter so that the Events display can be restricted to only the selected device

2) Added display of all actions defined for the device (via CAPI)

3) Improved the Events and Log displays

tenholde
        tenholde

Comment

Version 2.5 of tenDisplayHsDevices is now available:

http://www.tenholder.net/tenWare2/te...s/default.aspx

tenholde
          tenholde

Comment

Excellent update and a great tool. The device filtering works great. Thanks for supporting the community tenholde!

Comment

Updated version of tenDisplayHsDevices at:

http://www.tenholder.net/tenWare2/tenDisplayHsDevices

tenholde
              tenholde

Comment

Error on RegisterGenericEventCB - "Unable to access name function(B): Public member '

Pete,
                Did you ever find a solution to your problem with RegisterGenericEventCB where you were getting the error: "Unable to access name function(B): Public member 'name' on type 'MarshalByRefObject' not found."?

I have tried making the class Serialiable, subclassed MarshalByRefObject, changed my C# project to x86, tried making public String property "Name" and "name" and public methods "Name()" and "name()"

My RegisterEventCB using the same object works well with the HSEvent method being called.

I am also trying to run in a external application (not a plugin).

Thanks,
                Scott (sdumonceaux at charter dot net)

Comment

This loads up fine without errors, but all I get is a blank screen.

Comment

C# MVC or Webform Interfacing with HomeSeer

I'm a professional developer, but I'm having a difficult time figuring out how to use the DLL libraries.

Which reference libraries are required in external .NET code to speak to HomeSeer HS3 on the same system? Are there any examples of how to instantiate the interface.

My system is using HS3 Standard. Is PRO required for any of this?

Comment

Originally posted by dzee View Post
                      I'm a professional developer, but I'm having a difficult time figuring out how to use the DLL libraries.

Which reference libraries are required in external .NET code to speak to HomeSeer HS3 on the same system? Are there any examples of how to instantiate the interface.

My system is using HS3 Standard. Is PRO required for any of this?
                      I would not worry too much about what is in this thread, it is from 2007 so far before HS3 came out. In HS3 you will need;

1) HSCF.dll (HomeSeer Communications Framework)
                      2) HomeSeerAPI.dll
                      3) Scheduler.dll

To successfully enable a connection to HomeSeer. If you want to look at an example you could look at the plugin samples in the 'main.vb' file or if you search I wrote an example application that connects to HS, launches an event and closes. That shows you how to connect to it (you may notice that it is the same as the main.vb file from one of the plugin samples).

You will be fine with HS3 standard, don't worry about Pro.

Comment

Actually here is some information that might help you and some example programming code http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=165152

Comment

Working...
                        X