Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buy cameras for HS or Blue Iris and switch type?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lj502 View Post
    I have been running Microsoft USB 720p lifecams (11) for over 3 years without one failure, all using USB extenders from monoprice (up to 100'). I had to add USB cards to my server to handle them all but they are inexpensive and simple. All the the cameras are powered off the USB port so as long as the server is on they are powered. Initially I started with them as a test and kept adding more, then I really liked the ease of setup add they just don't break. I recently lost most off my network to lightning even my blueiris server lost its HDMI output, the dust settled and the only thing left running (still on battery backup) was my server and all cameras filmed some awesome lightning.

John
    instead of cards.. how about a usb powered hub?

because now you got me looking at this...
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

regular dome camera can experience reflections off the plastic dome and show up as artifacts in the recorded video.
      I have seen the same with all glass / plastic domes.

These type do not have those reflections.

- Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

@Jeff

pete.. got a model number on that? I would love one in white....
        For a while they had all kinds of colors. My exterior coach lights are all black. You could probably take the lamp apart and paint it white. This is the style of coach lights that I always see but they are either black or white.

Here is the camera and link. I did the link pricing with a 4mm lense and POE. $281.00 USD with free shipping.

They have another one for $171.99 USD here.

I have purchased many cameras at this place and have not had an issue to date.

Here is a black one but I do not know how much it is. Well too its a 2 MP camera so it much be cheaper.

- Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

How are you feeding to main server?

Nothing fancy just an Asus I5 2.90 ghz with integrated graphics, win 7 64, and 3 USB cards. That machine runs 8 cameras and I have another smaller machine with 5 cams in the garage that feeds those cameras to the main server over my network. I ran 10 cameras for a while on the main server but I moved some cameras and decided to split the load, the main server rarely goes over 50% CPU load.

John
          John

How are you feeding to main server?

Jay

Comment

I setup cameras on the main server that pull the feeds from the garage server, like the garage sever is just another IP camera. I can pull up the setting later when I get back.
            John

Comment

Garage Server

I setup cameras on the main server that pull the feeds from the garage server, like the garage sever is just another IP camera. I can pull up the setting later when I get back.
              John
              John

That would great! To see the settings.

Thanks Jay

Comment

Have you had time

John

Just checking back on this.... How are you doing this?

Thank you Jay

Originally posted by Jayh391 View Post
                John

That would great! To see the settings.

Thanks Jay

Comment

Working...
                X