PoE Camera H264/ONVIF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Download a program called ONVIF device manager here==> ONVIF device manager

Check out your ONVIF compliant cameras. The program will tell you want version of ONVIF you are running and ONVIF profile data stuff.

Vendors are still catching up so the standards compliance of ONVIF has a long way to go still today.

ONVIF Specifications

I looked at my cameras here and they are all ONVIF compliant but versions way back and I was able to edit some stuff and not other stuff (firmware has a long way to go).
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
      Download a program called ONVIF device manager here==> ONVIF device manager

ONVIF Specifications
      Nice tool for ONVIF, thanks!

I have been really happy with the Hikvision Cameras. I bought a Digital Watchdog PTZ, because it is very popular with the professional security custom installers. It has been a pain and I can't figure out the Blue Iris PTZ config. The Blue Iris developer is going to take a look for me and hopefully add it to the BI camera list.
      DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
      BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Yeah I am impressed with the ONVIF device manager.

It is like a MIB walker for security cameras AND you can change stuff in it.

My Grandstream HDIP cameras here are all only at 1.X version ONVIF. (old?)

My time is correct as I sync the RTC to my NTP server. When I tried to adjust the ONVIF time settings and I did get an ONVIF device manager error.

What version of ONVIF are your Hikvision cameras showing?
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
          What version of ONVIF are your Hikvision cameras showing?
          The Hikvisions and Digital Watchdog are all showing ONVIF 2.4
          DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
          BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Very nice!

Here just pulled in a camera to my 2nd weather page. Note I am not very good at this stuff. Mostly interested here in water temperature.

My whole thing here was security first (with cameras) and NVR third.

I didn't purchase the cameras for Homeseer but rather just made Homeseer work with the cameras.

Next was configuring this stuff with my Leviton HAI OmniPro touchscreens and Homeseer HSTouchscreens.

It has evolved much since the late 1990's and using legacy SD analog CCTV cameras.

As stated earlier the ONVIF standards are not soup yet and Homeseer 3 / Homeseer touch is NOT a CCTV system nor is it an NVR controller. (unless you utilize the Blue Iris CCTV software 3rd party plugin or utilize Zoneminder).
            Last edited by Pete; May 11, 2016, 09:40 AM.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I finally got around to installing ZoneMinder. Very easy step by step from Pete's link. The good news is the Microseven camera linked to ZM easily. Time to order a few more. I think I will check out one of the Uokoo outdoor bullet cams also. Configuration similar to the Microseven, same price, but 1080P instead of 960P. Those should settle me for outside. I'm going to need a couple indoor cameras with a very wide field of view. (small house - small rooms).

Comment

Good news Mikaluch. Here I can honestly write that I have used Zoneminder now for over 10 years. Way back it was using an 8 chip video captures card.

Here my outdoor cams are all 2.8 / 3.6mm lens. You can now purchase fish eye lens.

Check out zmNija. It is the best remote that I have seen for Zoneminder in a long time.

You can edit the perl scripts in Zoneminder for hardwired or soft triggers if you want.

For a while here was using X10 for soft event triggers.

Here is my weathercam / front camera view. Picture is between sunset and darkness.
                Last edited by Pete; May 13, 2016, 01:10 PM.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

That is a very nicely laid out page. I'm not completely sold on Zoneminder yet. I also tried iSpy yesterday. Quite a bit easier than Zoneminder. I think I will need one Windows machine running to make some things (Speaker, Touch) easier. iSpy could reside there.

So far the one common thread I see across the camera/network DVR stuff I have played with is a lot of admin level passwords being transmitted over the network without encryption. I'm going to have to correct that before I'll be comfortable letting any of this stuff run unsupervised.

Comment

I removed the above cuz it really is just a splat and I haven't done much with it lately.

Baby steps mikaluch. Home automation here is more hobby than anything lately.

It is whatever you feel most comfortable using.

Here I am not really good at using HSTouch and still learning. Here is snapshot of one weather screen. I am really bad at this.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Pete; May 13, 2016, 01:11 PM.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

After a little more work it is still hard to decide. I have installed four different cameras from three different manufacturers in both ZoneMinder and iSpy. I will say that iSpy gets a leg up for configuration. They have a massive maintained camera database that mostly determines what URLs you will need. I cheated and used the info for ZoneMinder also. The snapshot URLs for HomeSeer are a little more difficult to find. I don't know why they just don't state them plainly in the docs. At least the poor use of English in all these Chinese docs won't confuse a URL.

It looks like the winner will be determined by plugin applicability and ease of use. The promise of facial recognition helps keep up the WAF.

The power of the cameras available for very little these days is astonishing. I just installed a wireless outdoor 1080P with dual streaming that I paid less than $70 for. Beefy aluminum body construction (probably because they are cast but good enough for this application). Works well now. We'll see how it stands up over time.

Comment

Yes I noticed Chinese remnants on my HD IP cameras using the OnVif software. i was able to edit much of them out.

Here I started tinkering a few years back purchasing bare bones IP HD camera boards.

Initially it was a 3-stack IP HD board.

They did all have RTC/battery and some play space.

Difficult to play with them cuz everything was small.

I then did implement a few 2-stack IP HD camera board in IP 67 dome housings which I use today. (all are using the Grandstream OS with built in SIP).

The company I purchased the boards from showed me how to modify the GUI which I did a bit.

Next playing with single board IP HD cameras and will attempt to update my older Optex combination cameras (they are stealthy looking). I doubt very much that the old design will be implemented again as i is a bit too stealthy. (very functional though). The single board IP HD camera boards will have no issues fitting in the Optex housing as it is a very modular design.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                        X