No announcement yet.

Help with receiving RF remote button press in homeseer - 'RFX unknown sensor'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with receiving RF remote button press in homeseer - 'RFX unknown sensor'

Hi everyone,

I've purchased this 433Mhz RF mains relay which came with a keyfob remote: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071WN9VQQ/

I'd like to associate the remote to homeseer through my rfxtrx433e so I can trigger events from the remote buttons. I already have the LAC and OWL protocols enabled for other devices, but it didn't detect the remote press on the Input Devices page so I enabled the AC protocol and it did pick it up as a discovered device in the drop down list. I added it, however the type is 'RFX unknown sensor' and when I press the remote button the device status does not change in homeseer. It looks like it has not set the device up properly due to it being unknown.

With debug enabled I can see the button press being received in the homeseer logs.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can get this working?

Here are some of the device settings screens:

Many thanks,

Rob.

This device is not tested.
    Please see chapter 2 in the RFXtrx User Guide for the list of supported devices.

Maybe the remote is received by L4 (Lighting4)
    easiest way is to check with RFXmngr on a Windows system and enable only Lighting4

Comment

Thanks for the help, I'll try out the lighting4 protocol this evening.

Rob.

Comment

Working...
      X