Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Programming 200 Series Wall Switches with HomeSeer Event Actions

https://youtu.be/QCB4Dq7lq9I
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

I just installed two, and seamlessly merged them into existing Event triggers

To help drive ideas, my setup (for the parents' home) is two of the "Dimmer" (7 LED) switches which display the same patterns...

Top three Red = Dryer running
    Bottom three Blue = Washer running
    Middle Green = Garage Door closed
    Middle blinking Yellow = Garage Door open

My thinking was a big, easily seen color group for Washer & Dryer (previously displayed with an HSM-200).
    Then the garage door color doesn't really matter, because blinking indicates open door.

Comment

I just installed my first dimmer at home this morning. These are the events I set up right away:
      • LED 1 glows red when downstairs bathroom is occupied. With 7 people in the house, this is an important data point! It then turns off when bathroom is free.
      • LED 7 glows yellow when garage door is open, blinks yellow when garage door is opening or closing and blinks red when garage door is open after 10 pm. It turns off when garage door is closed. Also, I programmed events to open and close the garage door with 5-tap triggers of top and bottom paddle.
      • LED 3 blinks cyan when radon system pump is running (this is the booster pump for the house). It turns off when the pump stops.
      • LED 4 blinks magenta when the radon fan is running (and treating fresh water) and then turns off when the fan stops.

I turn the LEDs off instead of setting the green to allow the dimmer to revert to normal mode is there is no status to report.

Comment

So many great idea's. My only problem will be...... remembering what LED's mean what.
        RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
          So many great idea's. My only problem will be...... remembering what LED's mean what.
          I can see the value of some kind of labeling add-on. In the meantime, standardizing from device to device can help.

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post

Comment

Weather alerts

Just for something to do, I programmed my LEDs to be all yellow when there is a weather alert, and red when there's a warning.

I need to be more creative.

Comment

Working...
              X