This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rather than www.xxx.com try http://xxx.com
    If that does not work then try the IP address such as http://123.45.678.90:8008/status

Comment

Neither of those address formats work with version 2.0.10.57.

Both work with version 2.0.10.46.

Comment

Remote Web Access

Remote web access still not working for me in 2.0.10.61. Reverting to 2.0.10.46, the last version that still works for me.

Comment

I do not know the internals of the .NET HTTP Listener and very little can be done for the debug since it is all behind the scenes. I know of a few people who are using .60/.61 remotely with both IPV6 and IPV4. If a username/password is used then Basic Authentication is enforced. The pattern that is given to the HTTP Listener for format to accept is "http://*:" & gServerPort & "/" where gServerPort is the user-entered port number. In my case the router is mapping port 8008 to 8008 on the PC where mcsSprinklers is running.

Comment

Need some help!

I had been using a Rain8 X10 for years. The x10 is still good but was starting to be unreliable. I replaced it the a new Pro2 unit and moved it inside the garage next to my Global Cache' GC100-12. My plan was to use one of the serial ports on the GC100-12. I am using Eterlogic free 32 bit version Virtual Port Emulator ( created com 10 and pointed it to port 4999 on GC100-12 ). This seems to work but is not my final solution. My question is can mcsSprinklers handle the GC100-12 directly? Instead of putting in a com port. Could I just put in the IP + port 4999.

Comment

You should be able to do it. The GC should provide a port where you can communicate in RAW mode. This is the mode where there is no protocol imposed on top of the IP/TCP. It also means that you need to configure the GC serial port parameters manually since that will not be done over IP when using RAW mode. If the Pro2 you are referring to is the Rain8 serial version (Rain8Net) then the parameters are 4800, n, 8, 1. This is from memory, but I think it is correct.

I do not have details of the GC setup, but I do know that Lantronix, DeviceMaster and Quatech units can be configured for RAW mode. I use Lantronix and Quatech. In the Lantronix case there is a port for RAW, another for Telnet etc. In the Quatech case I believe the same port is used, but in the configuration setup page you identify the mode this port will operate.

Comment

Thanks Michael

Well the Global Cache' indicates it will work in the raw mode. There are 2 serial ports on the GC100-12 one is on port 4999 and the second is 5000. I did have to configure the ports as you indicated. I tried setting mcsSprinklers to operate on both ports with no luck. I didn't want to work on something if it didn't have a change of working. I am away from home now I will get on it when I get back home. Thank for your input and any other suggestions you may have.

Comment

Look at the IO Comm window within mcsSprinklers to see the lowest level data going to/from. You can also use wireshark to see what is happening on the IP to get to the next level of debug. If the GC has some test capability see if you can have it send something and see if it gets into mcsSprinklers.

Comment

Using Test Program

I have a GC100-12 in the garage it has two serial ports. One is on 4999 and Two is on 5000. I have tried mcsSprinkler on both serial ports. I get error messages that it could not connect. I tried using the communication test and it fails also. I place a loop back plug in either port and use the GC iTest program to connect and send with good results. Only way I have been able to communication with the pro2 is by using Virtual Port Emulator and creating a serial port then setting mcsSprinker for the com port for my emulator.

Comment

I do use mcsSprinklers in the direct IP configuration. Wireshark is free and it will show you what is actually comming over the LAN. This is for both the emulation as well as the mcsSprinkers direct output.

Comment

I looked at wireshark. Since the Emulator and the Global Cache' iTest program seem to work I will just use the emulator. Wouldn't be able to fix anything even if I saw something using wireshark. There are no parameter on the network side of GC100-6 only serial parameters. Thank for your help.

Comment

Problem with update at new release of MCS

Hi Micheal,

I have updated to last version. After restart Homeseer, MCSPRINKLER PRO whas not reloaded.

If starting MCS manually, they asked serial number.

In Homeseer, Plug-In label, i don't have MCSSPRIKLER.

Please help.

Thanks

Comment

I do not have much visibility into what HS is doing with respect to the startup. If hspi_mcsSprinklersP.dll is present in the HS folder then HS should recognize it. I believe the .lf file is what HS uses to retain registration information. It does not change from release to release of mcsSprinklers. The other important file for mcsSprinklers operation is mcsSprinklers_2009.dll. This is the one that changes from update to update.

The Updater has a relatively recent version of mcsSprinklers. I think there were only two updates since then. I see two approaches to move forward. One is to go back and restore the HS folders from backup. The second is to reinstall from the Updater. The reinstall will not affect your mcsSprinklers setup.

Comment

Hi,
                              The HSPI file is not present.

I am using update option. The MCS is download. I restart HS2. After that, windows configuration is open, running and send a message : Unable to install because a newer version of this product is already installed.
                              Last edited by michelrochette; July 27, 2013, 07:57 PM.

Comment

I also tried to go back to installing the MCS ... DLL version 2.12.0.20 module. I had the same error message.

Comment

Working...
                                X