www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion > HomeSeer Insteon Plug-in

HomeSeer Insteon Plug-in Discussions related to HomeSeer's own Insteon Plug-in

Old March 6th, 2014, 04:30 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

New HS3 Insteon Plug-in Beta

Our new insteon plug-in is now in beta. To test, navigate to the updater in HS3 and open the beta section at the very bottom of the plug-in list.

The plug-in has been tested with the following products:

2413U PLM
2843-222 TriggerLinc Door Sensor
2443 Access Point
2342-232 RemoteLinc 2
2444A3WH RemoteLinc 2
2450 I/O Linc
2457D2 LampLinc
2466DW ToggleLinc
2466SW ToggleLinc
2473SWH OutletLinc
2477D SwitchLinc
2477S SwitchLinc
2334-232 KeypadLinc
2487W KeypadLinc
2842-222 SkyLinc motion sensor
2456S3 ApplianceLinc

website | products | support | youtube
Old March 7th, 2014, 09:14 AM
Seer Master

interesting...I didnt think HomeSeer was going to play in this market any longer.

Will this be a licensed plug-in?

Is this going to have limited support of devices in comparison to Marks plug in?

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler
Old March 8th, 2014, 11:34 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by misraels View Post
interesting...I didnt think HomeSeer was going to play in this market any longer.

Will this be a licensed plug-in?

Is this going to have limited support of devices in comparison to Marks plug in?
Yes, this will be a licensed plug-in and yes, it will be a bit simpler and more limited than Mark's plug-in. The devices listed above have been tested with it and should work just fine.
Old March 9th, 2014, 12:09 AM
Seer Deluxe

Any plans on supporting the insteon Thermostat?
Old March 9th, 2014, 12:29 AM
HomeSeer Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanie2000 View Post
Any plans on supporting the insteon Thermostat?
depends on the demand. we're considering it.
Old April 24th, 2014, 08:37 PM
Seer Plus

What about support for the Hub interface?
Old May 1st, 2014, 01:10 AM
Seer Master

Is there any way to get the 8 button keypadlink to work? The 6 button works perfectly, seems like 2 more buttons should be easy.

Codemonkey
Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML
Old May 5th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Seer Master

2477D Switchlink Dimmer

This works fine in Homeseer but HSTouch sliders will not control it. They will report the status interestingly enough so if I set it in Homeseer or physically the slider changes. When I move the slider though nothing happens. If I set a button for full on or full off that works. I wasn't sure if this should go here or the HSTouch area.
Old May 21st, 2014, 04:36 PM
Seer Master

Anything on the HSTouch sliders? also will it be possible to set custom ramp rates per command?
Old May 22nd, 2014, 08:38 PM
Seer Deluxe

X-10

Will this support X-10?

Thanks,
Terry
Old May 23rd, 2014, 12:05 AM
Seer Master

Re: New HS3 Insteon Plug-in Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by kideon View Post
Anything on the HSTouch sliders? also will it be possible to set custom ramp rates per command?
Custom ramp rates would be sweet

Sent from my htc Inspire 4G using Tapatalk
Old May 28th, 2014, 08:39 PM
Seer Master

Any update?
Old June 2nd, 2014, 11:51 PM
Seer Master

bump
Old August 10th, 2016, 11:43 AM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by macromark View Post
depends on the demand. we're considering it.
+1 for Insteon thermostat support, also please support the EZFlora, since the plugin dev has no plans to support a Linux version: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...2&postcount=11

I must say that I've very disappointed in the lack of proper HS support for Insteon. I know you guys have a massive chubby for zwave, and that's fine, but after buying the pro version, and then learning that I still have to by 3rd party plugins for a major lighting & control technology, and then learning that it's pointless because even with that, I still can't run everything because my OS isn't supported by one of the plugins. My house has 5 Macs, 5 Linux boxes (several more more if you count all the RPi scattered about) and no Windows boxes. Please consider giving us proper Insteon support or bundle the 3rd party Insteon stuff with Pro.

I very much want to use HS, but it's sat on a shelf (figuratively) for over a year while I wait for support that may never come.

Terry
Old August 17th, 2016, 12:42 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by roussell View Post
+1 for Insteon thermostat support, also please support the EZFlora, since the plugin dev has no plans to support a Linux version: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...2&postcount=11

I must say that I've very disappointed in the lack of proper HS support for Insteon. I know you guys have a massive chubby for zwave, and that's fine, but after buying the pro version, and then learning that I still have to by 3rd party plugins for a major lighting & control technology, and then learning that it's pointless because even with that, I still can't run everything because my OS isn't supported by one of the plugins. My house has 5 Macs, 5 Linux boxes (several more more if you count all the RPi scattered about) and no Windows boxes. Please consider giving us proper Insteon support or bundle the 3rd party Insteon stuff with Pro.

I very much want to use HS, but it's sat on a shelf (figuratively) for over a year while I wait for support that may never come.

Terry
+1 for all of this. I'd really like to see this plugin be more useful.
Old November 28th, 2017, 12:54 PM
Seer

Adding the keypadlink buttons in HS3

Hello, I have been using Homeseer for about two months. This is my first post to the board. Please bear with me...

I would appreciate guidance that gives step by step instructions on how to add each of the seven additional buttons of an Insteon 8 button keypadlink. The first button works great but I can
My environment is:
Current Date/Time: 11/28/2017 11:48:52 AM
HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.368
HomeTrollerZeeS2V2 4.1.19-v7+ #858 SMP Tue Mar 15 15:56:00 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 60 Days 3 Hours 14 Minutes 48 Seconds
IP Address: 192.168.2.63
Number of Devices: 94
Number of Events: 12
Available Threads: 392

Enabled Plug-Ins
1.0.0.9: HSInsteon
3.1.0.22: Sonos
3.0.1.130: Z-Wave

Also unrelated to the Insteon, how can I enable a signature for my posts?
Thank you,
Bob
Old November 28th, 2017, 05:32 PM
Seer Master

TeamBoMart, I strongly recommend you purchase Marks Insteon plug-in. His support is fantastic and he is very quick to get new devices added.

Here is his forum thread: https://forums.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1191
You can get his plugin via the HS3 plug-in manager.

Regards,
Tony
Old November 28th, 2017, 09:50 PM
Seer

Thanks Tony. I have been thinking about it for some time since support does seem very good and since I have a ton of X10 that I could repurpose using his PI.
Bob
Old November 29th, 2017, 12:05 PM
Seer

Need post re steps to program scene buttons for an Insteon 8 button keypad

Hi again Tony,
I've looked around the threads in Mark's forum and, like the Homeseer PI I can't find a post for the Insteon 8 button Keypad dimmer programming specifically for the keypad's 7 scene buttons. I have seen unanswered posts from a few people asking for the same instructions. As mentioned, the first button has been identified and defined as a device. That works great! I did this using the normal procedure of putting the Insteon PI in add mode and then pressing the Keypad's set button until it beeps. All of my Insteon devices are working well using this approach.

The Insteon instructions involve a second Insteon device and using its set button. Generally, I do not want to use a second Insteon device for the scene button, I want to use a Z-Wave wall switch dimmer, in this case, programmed in and controlled by HS3.

Can you or Mark or anyone point me to a thread or post that provides the instructions?
Thanks,
Bob
Old November 29th, 2017, 02:05 PM
Seer Master

With marks plug-in, when you add the 8 button device it just creates 8 separate devices, one for each button. Then you set each button up to do whatever you want it to do.

For instance, I set button A as a toggle for the main light it controls. Then Button B-H have several functions. One puts my home in sleep mode at night, the other turns on an attic fan, yet another sets my home to away... you can really do anything you want with them as each is just a standard on/off switch.