www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion > HomeSeer Insteon Plug-in

HomeSeer Insteon Plug-in Discussions related to HomeSeer's own Insteon Plug-in

Old December 9th, 2014, 09:27 PM
Seer

Insteon Plug In issues

I cannot get past this error. Where do I begin to troubleshoot?

Error:
======================================
** You do not have the I/O interface enabled in HomeSeer **
Insteon functions are only available when the I/O interface is enabled.

** Unable to communicate with the Insteon powerline interface ***
Please make sure the interface is configured correctly and restart the plug-in.
======================================

I have validated that I can login to my Insteon Hub directly from a Web Browser, but I don't know what the next step would be.

INSTEON Hub Details
Alert 2.6 YF
PLM:9C
Firmware:4.8A Build Feb 08 2013
ID:2A.E6.0F

For device control visit connect.insteon.com
User Manual
Technical Support
Old December 9th, 2014, 09:34 PM
OverSeer

If you're using the HST Insteon plugin, it only supports the devices listed here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=166457. You likely will need the Insteon PLM Plugin by Mark Sandler to use the hub.

Cheers
Al
UltraGCIR GC-100|UltraNetcam|UltraPioneer|Ultra1Wire|DSC PC1832|BLLED|BLTVGuide|ImperiHome|jon00 Utilities|MySensors

PHLocation|X10 CM11A IOLinc,etc
Old December 9th, 2014, 10:21 PM
Seer

I worked out the issue. The problem was the Interface Port setting on the Main Insteon Configuration page was missing the IP address:Port. Once this was populated I had to restart the the System, then the Username and Password field appeared. Another restart and the Plug-In status is now "OK".
Old December 9th, 2014, 10:34 PM
Insteon Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdcneil View Post
I worked out the issue. The problem was the Interface Port setting on the Main Insteon Configuration page was missing the IP address:Port. Once this was populated I had to restart the the System, then the Username and Password field appeared. Another restart and the Plug-In status is now "OK".
glad you got it working. please post other issues related to my plugin in my forum. this one is specifically for the hs insteon plugin.

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.368
Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | Vista Alarm 20P with AD2USB | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
Plugins: Insteon 3.0.6.23 (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | Jon00 Charting
Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory