Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after update to 300318 A few new issues cropped up

Hi Nathan

I had many issues with version 300318 of HS3 and this plug in so I rolled back to 300280 I have been getting this error

Napco Gemini Error ProcessPanelUpdate - DeviceTrigger - Object reference not set to an instance of an object. [82, 01, 00] so that is issue 1 and 2 .
    1) being updating to 300318 it disconnects from the panel within 1 hour
    2) the error above

the third is just a question or feature request
    is there a way of making the keypads chime on an event

please feel free to contact me either by phone or email

THANX
    MITCH
    609-758-1111 ext 1
    mg@cecg.com

Hi Mitch,

I've been running 3.0.0.318 on both my PROD and TEST machines since it came out around April 2017. My PROD machine runs this plugin 24x7 and I haven't had any disconnecting issues. My machines are normal PCs running windows 10 pro. I would suggest you use something like the sys internals process monitor and watch the PID of this plugin and see if it changes. A stop/start of the plugin would seem like a disconnect. If it's still the same PID then have you had any success with the HS3 virtual device "Napco Panel Status" which has a connect / disconnect control?

Your second error sounds like it's getting an event for a zone that doesn't have a logical HS3 device for it. Is it possible you have deleted one of the HS3 devices? A clean stop / start of the plugin (or of all HS3) should make sure all devices found in the panel are mapped to HS3 devices. After such a restart can you make sure that all the known zones are represented as HS3 devices?

Nathan
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

thanx and more info

Thanks for getting back to me

I will take a closer look over the weekend

BTW I also asked is there a way of making the keypads chime on an event

I want to put zwave sensors in areas where a chime at the keypads would alert me
      that someone is there

THANX
      Mitch

Comment

I guess you missed my last message

is there a way to make the keypads chime on an event????

Comment

Mitch,

I've reviewed the Napco dev guide WI876H and I don't see a way to actually cause anything at the keypads to happen. All communication between HS3 and the panel is to the panel itself (arm/disarm, get status, on/off relays, etc.)

Perhaps you could use an Insteon alert module? I know Mark's Insteon plugin supports those as I helped him test them about a year ago. When an HS3 event happens the Insteon module could be triggered to generate a "chime" Not sure if that would work for you but is an idea. They plug into any wall outlet.

Nathan
          HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
          Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
          Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
          Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
          http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Working...
          X