Plugin CPU Usage at Max - No apparent reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin CPU Usage at Max - No apparent reason

My XBMC plugin has been maxing CPU for it's process (12.5% limit as it's single threaded on my 8 core) for over a year, multiple HS and XBMC plugin versions.

Nothing shows in log, even with debug.

Anyone else have this happen? I only have one Kodi box (on the same PC as HS) connected and it starts randomly (hours or days) after restarting system. This is the only plugin that puts CPU at maximum for it's process...and will run like that until I restart plugin.
    Last edited by AgileHumor; October 11, 2017, 01:28 PM.

do you run the XBMC plugin or Kodi plugin? which version?

Comment

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368 (Windows)
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center - Work Station
      Kodi Version: 17.4

Enabled HS3 Plug-Ins
      2.0.47.0: BLBackup
      2.0.72.0: BLLock
      2.0.133.0: BLRussound
      1.2.0.0: Device History
      0.2.0.0: FitbitSeer
      5.0.0.17: Global Cache
      3.0.0.20: ImperiHome
      1.1.3.1: JowiHue
      1.0.2.0: MyS0mfy
      3.0.0.28: Nest
      2.1.6.0: OpenSprinkler
      3.0.2.8: SDJ-Health
      3.1.0.16: Sonos
      3.0.1.0: ThinkingCleaner
      3.0.6370.28796: UltraM1G3
      3.0.6440.19101: UltraMon3
      3.0.6377.20892: UltraWeatherWU3
      3.0.0.39: XBMC
      3.0.1.130: Z-Wave

Update: Just noticed there is now a Kodi plugin (XBMC was recommended for Kodi a while back).
      1. Do I need to upgrade for Kodi support? I don't mind if I do.
      2. If I upgrade from XBMC to Kodi plugin, I'm assuming I'll need to redo all my events. Is that correct?

Comment

The XBMC plugin has been renamed to Kodi a while ago. And yes you should upgrade, read this: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=186693

Comment

Thanks! I had to update about 40 events, but it is working without the recurring CPU spike.

Yeah!

One issue I am having is the Kodi Action -> Player Open Media -> Favorite menu is reverting anything I select back to blank/"--please select---".

I didn't see anything I needed to do special in the instructions...perhaps a known issue?

Comment

Originally posted by AgileHumor View Post

One issue I am having is the Kodi Action -> Player Open Media -> Favorite menu is reverting anything I select back to blank/"--please select---".

I didn't see anything I needed to do special in the instructions...perhaps a known issue?
            What kind of favourite is it?
            It only works with the media, if the type is window (i.e jumping to a specific screen) it is not supported and I should probably filter them out from the list.

Comment

It's a playlist. Weird it's listed, but any item blanks out when selected.

Thanks!

PS - New Kodi version does not have orginal issue, i.e. excessive CPU.

Comment

Working...
              X