Power up sequence after power outage question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power up sequence after power outage question

I have 2 servers - 1 for Homeseer and 1 for weather/video cameras. When I have a power outage the 2 servers come back up and the Homeseer server boots up faster than the weather/video server. This causes a problem because the Homeseer server tries to connect to a shared drive on the other server and the Windows (2K) startup process stalls because it pops up a message box saying that it cannot connect to the drive on the other server.
    Anyone have an idea how to get around this problem?
    Dick
    HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Rather than do a network share initially, you could connect later using the net use command:

Open notepad and enter:

net use G: \\remotemachinename\C /PERSISTENT:NO

Then save as mapdrive.bat

You need to change "remotemachinename" to the name of your Homeseer server and the C to the folder which is shared. G is the local share drive.

There are lots of freeware start up delayer programs (or I expect you can get windows scheduler to do this) so just get it to run this bat file with a delay.
    Jon

Comment

Thanks, that'll work perfectly

Thanks Jon00. I didn't even think about 'net use'. That should work perfectly. I've been away from computer support for 3 years now and it's beginning to show. Don't use those skills regularly and you lose them.
      Dick
      HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

Sorry to bring back this topic, but i'm interested to know how your computer is automaticly "powered on" after a power outage?

Thank you!

Comment

This is a bios setting in most modern PC's.
          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00
            This is a bios setting in most modern PC's.
            Yep, that's how mine works...
            Dick

Comment

BIOS it is (under power management)!

Thank you both!

Richard

Comment

Working...
              X