Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spud, thanks again for helping me work the bugs out. Just purchased the plugin today. It has been very reliable and consistent in my testing. Let's just hope bugzilla gets working on our requests. Will only make an already excellent plugin better!

Comment

Installing Beta

Having a hard time getting beta to come up in Updater. I have the updater_override.txt in the HS3 App folder, have the zip in the updates3/zips folder. I get the following error when "Update listing" is pressed in updater:

An item in the Updater is temporarily unavailable due to: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.

Comment

Originally posted by bearben25 View Post
        Having a hard time getting beta to come up in Updater. I have the updater_override.txt in the HS3 App folder, have the zip in the updates3/zips folder. I get the following error when "Update listing" is pressed in updater:

An item in the Updater is temporarily unavailable due to: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.
        there was a problem in updater_override.txt, it was pointing to version 3.0.0.14, instead of 3.0.0.15. I fixed it, please re-download and try again (although the error you reported does not seem related to that)

Comment

I was just typing response. I restarted HS3 and was able to see update. But I was going to let you know about the .14/.15 issue. Thanks for responding so quick.

Comment

if it still doesn't work, you can try to install manually:

- unzip XBMC_3-0-0-15.zip
            - copy HSPI_XBMC.exe and HSPI_XBMC.exe.config to your HS3 root folder
            - copy all the *.dll to bin/XBMC
            - unzip images.zip and copy the XBMC folder to html/images

Comment

Just want to check before updating. Xbmc team has released the beta version of XBMC 13 gotham and was wondering if the plugin will work with gotham or are there any issue with it. Has anyone attempted with gotham yet.

Cheers Ken
              HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
                Just want to check before updating. Xbmc team has released the beta version of XBMC 13 gotham and was wondering if the plugin will work with gotham or are there any issue with it. Has anyone attempted with gotham yet.

Cheers Ken
                Hi Kenrad,

I am using the plugin with Gotham and have been for a while, no problems

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post

Cheers Ken
                  I haven't tested Gotham yet, so I cannot guarantee the plugin is working perfectly with this version, but I had a quick look at the change list and didn't see anything likely to break it.

EDIT: Gotham has been tested and works great with this plugin
                  Last edited by spud; July 7, 2014, 06:41 PM.

Comment

version 3.0.0.23

in version 3.0.0.23 attached to first post of this thread, I have added the possibility to let the XBMC plugin act as a Speak Proxy, so that speak actions can be automatically send as GUI notifications to XBMC instances.

To enable this feature go to the XBMC config page and set "Send Speak Actions as XBMC GUI Notifications" to yes.

If you have another plugin already acting as a speak proxy you may want to set "Forward Speak Actions to HS Speakers"to No, otherwise you may hear twice the notification on HS speakers

In your Speak action, you can target specific XBMC instances by using XBMC:<xbmc_instance_name> as the name of your speaker.

You can also use standard replacement variables like shown on the screenshot below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	speakproxy.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	1174315

Comment

Spud this is perfect!

Comment

Been playing around with this, XBMC will only display the box for a moment and then not the entire string if it is too long. Any way to make the notification stay up longer until the message is complete?

Comment

Also trying a script command from control panel the notification does not come up

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
                            Been playing around with this, XBMC will only display the box for a moment and then not the entire string if it is too long. Any way to make the notification stay up longer until the message is complete?
                            I would second this one if it is possible

Cheers Ken
                            HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

I will add a setting to specify the display time, it is currently hard coded as 5 seconds

Also trying a script command from control panel the notification does not come up
                              I don't understand what you mean here, please provide screensht, logs, etc...

Comment

done in version 3.0.0.24, you can now specify the display time for both GUI Notification actions, and as a speak proxy setting from the config page.

Comment

Working...
                                X