Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would be nice if you could differentiate actions taken if you play a movie, tv-series, music and so forth.

Right no I have it configured sp that when I press play, my lights go off, paused is lights 50% and stop is lights 100%.

However it is the same regardless of what media type is played.

I would like to keep some lights on if I play a tv-show, and keep the lights on if I play music and so forth.

This would of course require that XBMC transmits in som way what media type it is playing (or what media libary it is playing from), and the plugin would need to "interrogate" for that info somehow...

I have no idea if this is technically possible, but it would be a nice feature.

Comment

I agree with you Sleepy81
      I do dim light too, but I usually pay attention if it's a movie
      If not a movie, I usually read or surf the net and could us my lights at full power

Comment

I'm going to add a "Media Type" device, but then we need to wait for HST to implement triggers and conditions based on device status (and not device values)

I already added a bugzilla ticket to ask for that a while ago:
        http://www.homeseer.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=939

Comment

I have added a "Media Type" device in version 3.0.0.6. The possible statuses for this device are: unknown, movie, episode, musicvideo, song, picture, channel

so you can now trigger different actions based on the media type played, but for now and until HST implements the trigger based on device status you will need a script similar to the one below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	mediatype.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	1170499

Comment

Excelent!

I will try this one out tomorrow!

Very fast work there, Spud!

Comment

Spud,

Is there a way to pull the Rating for a movie? This would be a nice feature to add if it can be done. I would like to use this to notify me if my kids are watching movies outside their allowed rating!

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Willoughby View Post
                Is there a way to pull the Rating for a movie? This would be a nice feature to add if it can be done. I would like to use this to notify me if my kids are watching movies outside their allowed rating!
                in version 3.0.0.7 (available here) I have added a "MPAA Rating" device which report the rating of a movie or tv show. This rating can have a lot of different formats depending on countries and media type, so it is your job to figure out the meaning of each one. Here is a good starting point for a list of possible values: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=165818

Comment

Wow Spud! You the man! You just sold me on your xbmc plugin! I shall purchase shortly!

Comment

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
                    This might be already possible, but is there any way to call an action for an XBMC player through a script rather than an event. It would be nice to be able to in HSTouch call a scripting command rather than have to have lots of different events for different players for each action (e.g. Up, Down, Left, Right) and so on.

What i was thinking was something like &hs.XBMCPluginAction(Player,Action)

Thanks!
                    This is something I would like to be able to do as well. The "Remote" actions would be nice as device actions, similar to the "XBMC status" actions of play/pause/stop, etc so we can use HSTouch to maneuver XBMC.

Comment

Originally posted by olag00 View Post
                      This is something I would like to be able to do as well. The "Remote" actions would be nice as device actions, similar to the "XBMC status" actions of play/pause/stop, etc so we can use HSTouch to maneuver XBMC.
                      Good idea, I'm going to add a "remote" device with the following buttons: left, up, right, down, select, back, home, context menu, show osd, show codec.

Comment

version 3.0.0.11

In version 3.0.0.11 available from here, I have added the "Remote Control" device:

Click image for larger version

Name:	remote_control.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	1171077

Comment

Thanks for adding this feature. I see the buttons but they don't appear to stay selected. For example, I press "HOME", the screen goes to home, I press "RIGHT" and it highlights video then it isn't highlighted anymore. I have to press "RIGHT" twice quickly to get it to move.

It seems to do the function but then returns to the previous location.

Not sure I am explaining it but it doesn't appear to be operating correctly.

Comment

Something I just noticed also is if I press the "power" button from the plugin remote it shuts down my computer. Is there anyway to make that a configurable setting to not shut down the computer but just exit XBMC?

Comment

No problems with the remote control. Looks like when I got the computer back up after restarting, the remote control buttons were working but would still like to have the power button configurable if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by olag00 View Post
                                Something I just noticed also is if I press the "power" button from the plugin remote it shuts down my computer. Is there anyway to make that a configurable setting to not shut down the computer but just exit XBMC?
                                this web remote is actually part of the default xbmc web interface, so to change the behaviour of the power button edit:

C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\webinterface.default\js\MediaLibray.js and replace the followind code:

Code:
                                      case 'power':
                                        return xbmc.rpc.request({
                                          'method': 'System.Shutdown'
                                        });
                                with

Code:
                                      case 'power':
                                        return xbmc.rpc.request({
                                          'method': 'Application.Quit'
                                        });
                                then restart your browser to make sure an old version of this js file is not cached

Comment

Working...
                                X