UPB PIM linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPB PIM linux

Currently I run HS2 on Win 7 ESXI VM. I use UPB for light control etc. I am contemplating moving to linux w HS3. How are people connecting to your PIM from Linux? I have thought about moving to a PI or hummingbird type device.

I have an older Lantronix device that I currently use to connect to the PIM utilizing serial over ethernet

Thoughts?

I have HAI / SA serial PIMs and have tested said PIMs via an RS-232/USB connection to work just fine with the Zee-2 RPi2 and Ubuntu 14.04 64bit using the Homeseer 3 and Spud's plugin. Note that Spud's plugin has more features.

The SA USB PIM is unique and I utilize it for my laptop mostly.

I am currently using one HAI serial PIM with a Quatech serial server and it works fine in Windows. Folks that purchased Quatech are not supporting the old Quatech server and have only older Linux drivers for it.

I am running a Wintel server instance on the Ubuntu box today for Homeseer MS SAPI and it works fine.

I also tested the Digi Edgeport 8's and the Digi 7 port USB hub to work fine with Homeseer 3 in Linux. I have not tested the Lantronix stuff I have though.

The RPi2 runs Homeseer 3 "lite" Zee-2 just fine off of a microSD card. I recently configured Cumulus weather software on another RPi2 and it is doing well. I am testing one RPi2 and still running on a Windows server splitting the serial port off of the Davis weather console with a serial server that I used for my Russound stuff.

I have my irrigation running on a Seagate Dockstar (Linux) and it does well running off two SSD cards. (years now).
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
    X