Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zipato Rainbow Script

Hello All

Please can someone help create a script, the Zipato Bulb is a smaller size than the Aeon Gen5 considerably, but there are no options for a rainbow mode...

I am hoping someone can help me, and make a script which as long as the script is running will cycle through the colours?

I am unsure where to begin with this.

I was initially thinking....
    • initial
    • take red to 254 max over 20 secs
    • .....cycle
    • take green to 254 max over 20 secs
    • take red to 0 min over 20 secs
    • take blue to 254 max over 20 secs
    • take green to 0 min over 20 secs
    • take red to 254 max over 20 secs
    • take blue to 0 min over 20 secs
    • .....cycle repeats

Device IDs:
    Reference ID 198
    Technology Address C616CFFE-010-Q35
    Status 19 = Dim
    Value 19 = "Red Level 19"

Reference ID 199
    Technology Address C616CFFE-010-Q36
    Status 57 = Dim
    Value 57 = "Green Level 57"

Reference ID 200
    Technology Address C616CFFE-010-Q37
    Status 0 = OFF
    Value 0 = "Blue Off"
    Attached Files

Jon00 may be able to help. He does something similar here :http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1063584

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

There is nothing that he can't do is there!
      Ha your right; I will drop him an email later and ask.

Comment

My humble take on this is whilst you can do it inside HS using events you need to tread carefully, it is quite easy to get HS in a loop that you need to restart to get out of and ultimately it is not designed for looping things. I would also be very mindful that sending 255 levels over 20 seconds would be (if you went for a increment of one, you could probably step it over 10 but I would still say this would cause an issue) 13 z-wave transmissions a second thereabouts, that is likely going to cause excess Z-Wave traffic on the network and could cause issues with other devices communicating with HS that cannot get through as you are blasting commands through to the bulb constantly.

I would tread carefully - the wifi bulbs are a TCP connection and the amount of data is well within the capabilities of a Wifi connection.

Comment

That is some sound advice.

I do not really want to buy the WiFi bulbs; but I can look into the costs.
          Can you recommend any?
          Does Jon's plugin have a rainbow mode?
          The issue is I have three of these Z wave bulbs already..

Maybe I will create an event to change colour once every 30 seconds in increments of 50.

I can't believe these bulbs do not have this mode.

Comment

I have to agree with MrHappy. Z-Wave was not designed for continuous activity like this. In addition, if you used a script, this would be running in a loop which is also not recommended.

Other RGB lamps (Hue, Milight etc) use their own hubs and have the capability to be updated regularly.
            Jon

Comment

I did a gradual fade to another color with Jon's plugin running through all of the colors and my HS system ran very sluggish while it was active. Not sure if it was the z-stick+ or computer but I often had to do a restart to get things back to normal so I no longer run it.

Comment

Working...
              X