X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hub2 to program or not

This has probably been asked before,
    Can you add devices to homeseer or do you have to add everything to hub2 first with Insteon app?
    I don't want Insteon Android app involved other than initial setup.
    Thanks

you don't need the insteon app. You can just register the devices directly with the plugin. In fact, the plugin doesn't look for devices registered via the insteon app. Some people use the app and the plugin, and they have to register these devices in both places.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thank you Mark
      I think that's what happened with my excessive traffic problem. The app and your plugin may have been too much .

Comment

You do have to register the hub2 with the app first to be able to access it
        right?

Comment

not register it, but set it up on the config page. you need the local ip, port (probably 25105) and the username and pswd from the bottom (not your smarthome acct)
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
          X