Re: ver. 2.0.2.2 possible bug with status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ver. 2.0.2.2 possible bug with status

I just upgraded to 2.0.2.2 and now none of my events work that poll the status of the Philips lights.

For example, I have an event that does one thing if the lights are on, and other if the lights are off. I can turn ON the lights with an event but the event that turns them off doesn't work.

It's like the event triggers can no longer detect that a Hue bulb is in the ON state. I have two variations of events:

1. Ask Homeseer if the "device status = ON"
    2. Ask JowiHue group "is any light in the group ON"

Neither one can detect the state of the bulb now.

But again, if I use my phone's Hue app to turn off the lights, then trigger the events it works (it reads that they're off and turns them on).

Hope this makes sense. I have tried restarting the plugin and the hue bridge is still connected to the plugin.

Also, when I go to the device dashboard then toggle the hue lights, the devices toggle as expected! This seems normal from this standpoint. Also, I can control the lamps from the device dashboard just fine.

Maybe I should clarify a bit. In an event trigger, this type of trigger no longer works:

IF Family Room Minimote has button 1 pressed
    AND IF any HUE light in group Family Room Cabinet is on

<turn off the lights>

The above trigger no longer works with 2.0.2.2 but did with the previous version. It's looking for any light in the group to be on, which would be true in the above if statement.

Comment

Update

OK, it's not the trigger, sorry about that.

Turns out what doesn't work is the "Switch Off" part of a JowiHue creative scene. Here's what doesn't work (even running the scene manually):
      Attached Files

Comment

Also, the "on" type of scenes no longer ramp up, the hue bulbs just come on instantly to the designated settings (hue, ct, sat, etc.)

Not sure if that's adjustable somewhere.

Again, these are the JowiHue "creativity" scenes.

Comment

I made some changes in the scenes, mainly ment for controlling the IKEA lights as these bulbs are not responding correct on transition time settings.
          Are you using the IKEA color bulbs maybe?

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

No ikea for me

No IKEA stuff in my setup, just Philips Hue.

I already did a workaround where I removed all the "Switch Off" JowiHue scenes and just used HS3's "Control a Device" and set the bulbs to "off".

It's a little bit of a pain because of I add or remove bulbs from a group I need to manually edit each event.

That's what I liked about the Scenes, they can control groups of lights automatically.

Note the scenes that turns bulbs "on" still work fine, it's just the "switch off" commands that don't seem to work.

This is an easy scenario to test -- just create a new creativity scene to switch off a group of lights and try running it manually to see if it works.

Let me know if it does and I'll do a thorough check of my setup and try recreating some of those switch off scenes.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

I got same issue, all my scenes with contain switch off actions wont work anymore..?

Any idea why?

Bart
              Regards Bart
              ------------------------------------------
              Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
              HSPRO 3.
              Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

I have found the error here, it came in with the last update. Will have to test it here, after the weekend. Hope to relaese the solution next week.

Wim
                -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

bartbakels:

I'm sure you're aware of this but the workaround I did was to convert all my scenes that turns bulbs off to simple HS3 "device control" events to turn them off.

I understand this is a workaround and you shouldn't have to do this since it was an introduced bug, but it does work and can be left in place if you don't have a lot of scenes that turn lights off.

You can still use the JowiHue scenes to turn lights ON and at specific settings, it's the "switch off" setting that's broken.

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                    I have found the error here, it came in with the last update. Will have to test it here, after the weekend. Hope to relaese the solution next week.

Wim
                    Hi Wim,

Any progress on the update? The WAF is dropping!

Comment

Was here also working on another issue. You could try the work around for this to keep the WAF ok? Finishing tests here.

Wim
                      -- Wim

Comment

Wim,

I suspect also the return to original setting in animations is not working. Can you confirm this?

using purely Philips HUE with original bridge

regards

Bart
                        Regards Bart
                        ------------------------------------------
                        Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
                        HSPRO 3.
                        Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Hello? Ping on these issues?

Since the plug ins for HS3 are NOT open source we can't contribute to fixing the newly introduced problems.

As we all are paying customers for the plug in and we have no way to "downgrade" back to the working model what does it take to get the only person who can help to fix these bugs?

Whatever work was done recently clearly has caused new issues and it would be nice to get an update or rollback to these problems.

Thank you, and I'd appreciate some resolution to these issues.

Comment

dmcentre,

The issue you reported, scenes not able to switch off lights anymore has been resolved in 2.2.0.3? This has been posted more then a week ago and I did not receive reports that this was not corrected? I am always trying to be supportive with the plugin and am sorry if you feel left out?

Let me know how the 2.0.2.3 is working for you, what is wrong with it?

@Bartbakels, sorry missed yur post somehow on animations. Will check on it, am using the same here but did not notice changes on the behaviour yet.

Wim
                            -- Wim

Comment

SwitchOff scene problem has been resolved

Thank you, the problem appears to be fixed with the "switchoff" creativity option. I did, however, find another bug that may have been there a while but this is the first time I have run into it.

It's in another thread:
                              https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1366928

Thanks again for the fix.

Comment

Working...
                              X