Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is interested: Rs232 port RFXCOM compatible transceiver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got mine and hooked it up. I am really impressed with the attention to detail, packaging, and communication! Better than I expected. Thanks.
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
      Just got mine and hooked it up. I am really impressed with the attention to detail, packaging, and communication! Better than I expected. Thanks.
      Thanks Reidfo! I need to remake my own now or something, because the ones I sent out are nicer than mine (well at least the LED and inside is nicer).

Comment

so i havent been around much lately... I would love to do motorized blinds some day...

I guess im lost on the biggest difference.. the difference is serial vs usb?

that is it?
        just trying to see the big picture.. thanks!
        HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Correct. Of course, with the original USB version, it shows up as a serial port anyway (it has a built in FTDI chip).

1. Some people don't like USB with automation for various reasons (USB ports drop out or re-enumerate sometimes, and etc. other problems). One person also liked it this way as they had one of the Hometrollers that had extra serial ports.
          2. Virtualization with HS is "easier," as serial network servers are cheaper and use less CPU cycles to operate virtual com drivers, compared to USB network servers with virtual USB ports. Yes, you can do passthrough, but it is not as elegant of a solution as just having a native serial port and using a surplus industrial serial port server (Moxa, Lantronics, Quatech, etc). With the native serial solution, you can bring up backup/test HS versions and back again without reconfiguring anything. This is excellent for testing and failover.
          3. Better RF shielding and dedicated power.

Comment

OK, I still have a few RFXCOM transceivers and am willing to make a few more RS232 versions available if anyone had wanted one before, but was not able to get one. Please email me through the board if interested. See the first post for details...

Comment

Hey Automated, I may be interested in a spare (for the 1st one I got from you). You should still have my email, or contact me here, with your price. Thanks.
              P.S. Are you talking about the original device I got, or the extended?
              All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

Who is interested: Rs232 port RFXCOM compatible transceiver?

Originally posted by Olbrit View Post
                Hey Automated, I may be interested in a spare (for the 1st one I got from you). You should still have my email, or contact me here, with your price. Thanks.

P.S. Are you talking about the original device I got, or the extended?

They are based on the RFXtrx433, not the revised RFXtrx433E, which added Somfy support, if that is what you mean by extended. If you don't plan to use Somfy, then the E version is not needed. I will shoot you an email.

I updated the first post with the price (275 shipped in the U.S. currently). If you want the heavier duty G106 case (see post #42 for a picture), it is 15 more.

Comment

I like your mods and the straight serial protocol coupled with lava ip-serial adapters gives me flexibility in placement.

So if my goal was rollertrol blind control, this would be the correct unit, with Type 1 firmware?

I do not need somfy protocol but will be starting the motorized blind upgrades with rollertrol in the next year.

Comment

Originally posted by mbdirtfarmer View Post
                    I like your mods and the straight serial protocol coupled with lava ip-serial adapters gives me flexibility in placement.

So if my goal was rollertrol blind control, this would be the correct unit, with Type 1 firmware?

I do not need somfy protocol but will be starting the motorized blind upgrades with rollertrol in the next year.

Thanks, and yes, you can control Rollertrol with these just fine. Type 1 firmware is the default, but you can flash Type 2 if you ever need it. You can actually transmit any compatible code regardless of which firmware is loaded. It is for receive, that a certain Type is needed for some devices. I checked the table in the user manual, and Rollertrol is listed under both Type 1 and 2, not that you would need to receive the remote signals anyway except for once to capture your remote code. I myself have a few Rollertrol motors and like them (even though I still have not mounted them...too many projects going on over here). Shoot me an email if you want one, and we can arrange it.

Comment

Working...
                    X