RFXtrx433e switching TM12?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RFXtrx433e switching TM12?

My X10 devices were controlled using a CM11, which died yesterday. As a stopgap I found an old TM12, set it to house code C and added C3 and C7 as output devices on my RFXtrx433e. C3 is switched by an RFXCOM plugin thermostat, C7 by an Arduino plugin 1-wire temperature sensor. C3 is switching fine, but every time C7 switches, the TM12 switches too.

What have I done wrong? I’ve checked and double-checked everything I can think of... at one point I selected the TM12 under ‘linked devices’ for C7 - I think this is when it started happening, but I have deselected it now to no avail. I have completely removed the TM12 from the devices list, but it is still switching with C7.

I didn't want to answer this one but here goes : ====> Equip yourself with one of these : https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Plus try to stagger your codes say with another latter w, e, g or anything and reset the TM12 and re-add it to see what happens. Don't also forget to update your firmware : http://www.rfxcom.com/epages/7816546...ries/Downloads

I have noticed this kind of behaviour but it's just out of the blue!

Option 2, If you haven't seen Lightwave rf
    you don't know what you are missing! ====> Can be controlled using the RFXtrx433e and HomeSeer and ===> They look the business (because you are in EU) You can run your entire house with them : Amazon UK

But if you don't want to spend money stick with the first option.

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

This may be the most embarrassing post ever, but I must write it to show there was no problem with the RFXCOM unit...

When I was testing out the new X10 module C7 I put it in the mains socket next to the TM12. Once I knew it was working, I moved it to the new location.

Or so I thought. Only I didn’t. I picked up a different appliance module, changed its code to C7 and plugged it in where I wanted it. Now there were two C7s switching, and it was the one next to the TM12 that I could hear. I went to check the TM12 five minutes ago and thought ‘what’s that appliance module doing next to lt?’

Sorry. Getting old.

Comment

Working...
      X