Sonos playing old announcements instead of current TTS config

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonos playing old announcements instead of current TTS config

I have a new Homeseer setup with 2 Z-wave doorbells with matching events to have Homeseer say "Doorbell pressed front door" and "Doorbell pressed rear door."

This has worked in the past, but the back door has recently started saying front door. As I dig into it, the events are working properly and the log even shows the correct text to speech TTS being said. The built in speaker on the server says the correct text, but the Sonos speakers say the wrong thing.

I though this may be tied to a bug in Homeseer from copying the events when I first set them up. I deleted the events and created each from scratch and get the same result - the old doorbell announcement for both doors.

I turned on sonos pi debugging and see where it is looking for wavefiles in C:\WINDOWS\system32\html\Sonos\Announcements

Code:
    DoCheckAnnouncementQueue calling SpeakToFile with Text Doorbell Rear Door has been pressed and File C:\WINDOWS\system32\html\Sonos\Announcements\Ann_GeneralAnnouncements_0.wav
    Oddly, there is no html folder in system32 in my setup, but I found the files here in my homeseer installation folders:
    ..\HomeSeer HS3\html\Sonos\Announcements\Ann_GeneralAnnouncements_0.wav

This file is the old announcement text that I am hearing. I could try deleting all of the wav files and letting it recreate them, but this is happening with other announcements as well and I'd like to make sure I have a long term fix.

It almost looks like the Sonos PI is not fully aware of where the wav files are when it checks the TTS to replace the wav with a new one, but it is aware of where they are when it plays them.

I previously updated the Sonos PI to the Beta version and made the firewall changes to get it working again in the past.

Thank you for any help.
    See below and attached files for additional info.

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    IP Address: 192.168.50.164 Number of Devices: 211
    Number of Events: 42
    Available Threads: 200
    License: Registered License: 106791
    User Name and Access Level: default (Admin)
    Web Server Port: 80
    Enabled Plug-Ins 3.0.0.33:
    Current Cost 3.0.0.14:
    NetCAM 3.1.0.22:
    Sonos 3.0.0.76:
    weatherXML 3.0.1.130: Z-Wave
    Attached Files

Originally posted by thestosh View Post
    I have a new Homeseer setup with 2 Z-wave doorbells with matching events to have Homeseer say "Doorbell pressed front door" and "Doorbell pressed rear door."

This has worked in the past, but the back door has recently started saying front door. As I dig into it, the events are working properly and the log even shows the correct text to speech TTS being said. The built in speaker on the server says the correct text, but the Sonos speakers say the wrong thing.

I though this may be tied to a bug in Homeseer from copying the events when I first set them up. I deleted the events and created each from scratch and get the same result - the old doorbell announcement for both doors.

I turned on sonos pi debugging and see where it is looking for wavefiles in C:\WINDOWS\system32\html\Sonos\Announcements

Code:
    DoCheckAnnouncementQueue calling SpeakToFile with Text Doorbell Rear Door has been pressed and File C:\WINDOWS\system32\html\Sonos\Announcements\Ann_GeneralAnnouncements_0.wav
    Oddly, there is no html folder in system32 in my setup, but I found the files here in my homeseer installation folders:
    ..\HomeSeer HS3\html\Sonos\Announcements\Ann_GeneralAnnouncements_0.wav

This file is the old announcement text that I am hearing. I could try deleting all of the wav files and letting it recreate them, but this is happening with other announcements as well and I'd like to make sure I have a long term fix.

It almost looks like the Sonos PI is not fully aware of where the wav files are when it checks the TTS to replace the wav with a new one, but it is aware of where they are when it plays them.

I previously updated the Sonos PI to the Beta version and made the firewall changes to get it working again in the past.

Thank you for any help.
    See below and attached files for additional info.

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    IP Address: 192.168.50.164 Number of Devices: 211
    Number of Events: 42
    Available Threads: 200
    License: Registered License: 106791
    User Name and Access Level: default (Admin)
    Web Server Port: 80
    Enabled Plug-Ins 3.0.0.33:
    Current Cost 3.0.0.14:
    NetCAM 3.1.0.22:
    Sonos 3.0.0.76:
    weatherXML 3.0.1.130: Z-Wave
    With the Sonos debug flag on, can you stop and restart HS3?
    How do you start HS3? Is it a tasks or a script or ??? Check if you have specified a "working directory" <> where HS3 really is

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
      With the Sonos debug flag on, can you stop and restart HS3?
      How do you start HS3? Is it a tasks or a script or ??? Check if you have specified a "working directory" <> where HS3 really is
      Here (attached screenshot) is what I see in the log when I filter for the word sonos for the restart. It looks like the debug flag gets cleared on restart, so I'm not sure if it is getting everything you need.

I'm using the Startup Delayer tool that I see recommended on the Homeseer forums a lot.
      https://www.r2.com.au/page/products/...artup-delayer/
      The working directory is set in the tool. I am having trouble with UAC and have to still click the UAC prompt when windows starts up. After that, it seems to load HS3 normally.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by thestosh View Post
        Here (attached screenshot) is what I see in the log when I filter for the word sonos for the restart. It looks like the debug flag gets cleared on restart, so I'm not sure if it is getting everything you need.

I'm using the Startup Delayer tool that I see recommended on the Homeseer forums a lot.
        https://www.r2.com.au/page/products/...artup-delayer/
        The working directory is set in the tool. I am having trouble with UAC and have to still click the UAC prompt when windows starts up. After that, it seems to load HS3 normally.
        The debug flag does not get cleared on restart, if true, there is another issue (recall SELs had to do a "save meemory" or something).

I'm pretty sure your problem is with the startup delayer, hence why I asked. People struggled with UAC because they didn't have HS running as an administrator so any writing in the \Program Files .. subdirectories would fail. In your case, I suspect you set a working directory which is different from where the exe is running with the result what you see.

Comment

Working...
        X