Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error in DoCheckAnnouncementQueue on SOME sono

HI,

I've been using the Sonos plugin and the HS text to speech for a while with a specific SONOS Play1 speaker in my house without an issue. I use this mostly via vb scripts in events (see the exemple below)

Sub Main(ByVal parm as String)

hs.speak("test", True, "$SONOS$Cuisine$")

End Sub

This morning, I decided to expend my TTS messages through another SONOS Play1 and there was a huge 15-45 second delay before anything came out of the box so I went in the log file and saw this message:

Error in DoCheckAnnouncementQueue. 100 seconds expired since the announcement started and no end was received.

I tried many times the script and found out that the message was played only once the error was written in the log so I guess that when this message is issued, hs.speak release an "end" statement which then send the message.

I looked on the forum and only found references where the problem was with firewall wich for sure is not the case with my issue since the firt SONOS works perfectly.

Anybody would have an idea on the issue ?

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368 (Windows)
    OS Version: 10.0.16299 Service Pack: 0.0
    Sonos PI 3.1.0.16

Originally posted by goldriver View Post
    HI,

I've been using the Sonos plugin and the HS text to speech for a while with a specific SONOS Play1 speaker in my house without an issue. I use this mostly via vb scripts in events (see the exemple below)

Sub Main(ByVal parm as String)

hs.speak("test", True, "$SONOS$Cuisine$")

End Sub

This morning, I decided to expend my TTS messages through another SONOS Play1 and there was a huge 15-45 second delay before anything came out of the box so I went in the log file and saw this message:

Error in DoCheckAnnouncementQueue. 100 seconds expired since the announcement started and no end was received.

I tried many times the script and found out that the message was played only once the error was written in the log so I guess that when this message is issued, hs.speak release an "end" statement which then send the message.

I looked on the forum and only found references where the problem was with firewall wich for sure is not the case with my issue since the firt SONOS works perfectly.

Anybody would have an idea on the issue ?

Sonos PI 3.1.0.16
    Can you post a screenshot of the player table and the linkgroup table.
    Any reason you are not on the latest PI version? For instance the latest S1 players are not properly supported with your current version (https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=174119). Not sure that't the issue but wanted to rule that out.

Dirk

Comment

Here are my linktable and player table

As for why I am not on the latest version I have no clue... HS does not identify that there was an update available (see my plugin dashboard) !

where can I find the zip file to manually update ?
      Attached Files

Comment

As for why I am not on the latest version I have no clue... HS does not identify that there was an update available (see my plugin dashboard) !

Look in the beta section of plug-ins at the bottom of the list.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

hmm, I pulled the old version (v3.0.x.x) from the updater a while back, whilst the latest was posted under the "beta" section of the updater. I need to have the HS team move the v3.1.x.x version to the "media" section of the updater. After that is done, I believe it should show that an update is available.
          Anyhow, just open the beta section and select the sonos PI and update.

Now back to your configuration, I'm not sure how this works in the first place.

Firstly the linkgroupname is case sensitive so the script shows
          $SONOS$Cuisine$ but the linkgroup table shows CUISINE.

Secondly, I see something in the "intercept speaker device" section for linkgroup CUISINE. That box should only contain numbers (see help file).

So... which script are you using right now that does not work? Start by making sure your names match case sensitive.

If it still doesn't work, turn on the debug flag, do the announcement, post complete log.

Dirk

Comment

I upgraded to 3.1.0.22 (Beta) and the problem is still there, I removed the data in the linkfield and made sure my device was case sensitive like.

please find attach the log file

thanks for looking into this
            Attached Files

Comment

I upgraded to 3.1.0.22 (Beta) and the problem is still there, I removed the data in the linkfield and made sure my device was case sensitive like.

I see 2 events with only 5 seconds in between, intentional or by mistake?
              I see one autonomous event, where I should see many. I believe your firewall is (part of) the problem. Make sure the PI has proper allowances AND remember that if you went from the v3.0.x.x to the v3.1.x.x the firewall will absolutely need to have allowance AND will see this as different apps.
              If in doubt, turn your firewall off and try. If it works, start digging at FW settings.

I suspect it sometime works because it will work on players who are in stopped state (and only after 2 minute timeout) and won't work on players that are paused or playing.

Dirk

Comment

My firewall is deactivated both on my hs machine and my router and problem is persistant

Comment

My firewall is deactivated both on my hs machine and my router and problem is persistent
                  The router doesn't play a role in here so we can ignore any settings on that unless you are doing some fancy routing in the house. What Firewall are you using on the HS machine? Which OS version and platform (CPU/Machine) is this running on?
                  Can you take a simple log, turn debug on, just hit play or pause on any player, do you see entries coming in? If so, immediate or late? This could be a threading issue of sort, very unlikely though but the trace you posted had ONE autonomous update in it and it was VERY slow/late which could indicate a scheduling or over-load or (again) FW issue. Not sure why you use a script and not an event. Is this part of a larger scripting work? Any issues there perhaps, I did spot two calls for an announcement; a coding mistake? Maybe elaborate what it is you are trying to do with a script.

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk and thanks for your time on this problem, I attached a debug file where I pushed the play button on the Sonos for wich I have issues, after about 2-3 second, the log started to fill.

Here are my HS server details
                    Microsoft Windows 10 - Work Station
                    Windows Defender is the Firewall on that machine
                    CPU I7-4790T 2.70GHz 8 Gig RAM

the two calls you saw, one was entered by mistake since I use the "manual" trigger on the event and clicked twice

The script I attached is an excerpt from a large script I'm using to annouce any mouvement in specific region of the house base on time and also based on counter (if the annoucement is done, wait 5 minutes for another) etc...

In fact I discovered the issue when my wife asked me to copy the annoucement that I have in the kitchen SONOS since about a year to the Office Sonos. What I did in the script is based upon me or my wife position (with the help of an ibeacon and PHLOcation) I announce the message where the system detects us.

If we are in the kitchen, the message work every time, in the office, most of the time it work but with a long delay (45-60 sec) and sometimes it does not work at all.

when I discovered the issue I took the only line in the script sending the message to the office SONOS and put it in an isolate event and manually triggered it and the problem happens even sith this simple script, Then I tried HS event to speak through and again, still the same problem.

I am looking on my side if there are anything special on this machine but can't find nothing on the FW side, that is why i tried to desactivate it completely without any changes.

thanks again for reading me.... bare with me for my english i'm french canadian...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Dirk and thanks for your time on this problem, I attached a debug file where I pushed the play button on the Sonos for wich I have issues, after about 2-3 second, the log started to fill.

Here are my HS server details
                      Microsoft Windows 10 - Work Station
                      Windows Defender is the Firewall on that machine
                      CPU I7-4790T 2.70GHz 8 Gig RAM

the two calls you saw, one was entered by mistake since I use the "manual" trigger on the event and clicked twice

The script I attached is an excerpt from a large script I'm using to annouce any mouvement in specific region of the house base on time and also based on counter (if the annoucement is done, wait 5 minutes for another) etc...

In fact I discovered the issue when my wife asked me to copy the annoucement that I have in the kitchen SONOS since about a year to the Office Sonos. What I did in the script is based upon me or my wife position (with the help of an ibeacon and PHLOcation) I announce the message where the system detects us.

If we are in the kitchen, the message work every time, in the office, most of the time it work but with a long delay (45-60 sec) and sometimes it does not work at all.

when I discovered the issue I took the only line in the script sending the message to the office SONOS and put it in an isolate event and manually triggered it and the problem happens even sith this simple script, Then I tried HS event to speak through and again, still the same problem.

I am looking on my side if there are anything special on this machine but can't find nothing on the FW side, that is why i tried to desactivate it completely without any changes.

thanks again for reading me.... bare with me for my english i'm french canadian...
                      I think we can rule out the firewall, updates are popping in happily. See if the events pops in happily if you control the Office player from the HS computer (install the Sonos app on it). It could be a player or network issue. Is this player wireless or wired? A lot of issues has been reported when you have multiple player wired as opposed to wire one single one and let SonosNet do the rest.

Dirk

Comment

First, I have one Play1 wired to the router, all others are wifi (I had issues last year and discovered a thread who suggested the samething as you and that fixed my issues)

I tried your suggestion, installed the SONOS controler on the HS3 server, selected the "Bureau" SONOS and press play, the reaction was almost immediate in the log file.

looking in the HS3 directory, I saw that the HSPI_Sonos.exe file date from october 2017 is this normal ? I tought the Beta 22 was very recent ?
                        Attached Files

Comment

First, I have one Play1 wired to the router, all others are wifi (I had issues last year and discovered a thread who suggested the samething as you and that fixed my issues)

I tried your suggestion, installed the SONOS controler on the HS3 server, selected the "Bureau" SONOS and press play, the reaction was almost immediate in the log file.

looking in the HS3 directory, I saw that the HSPI_Sonos.exe file date from october 2017 is this normal ? I tought the Beta 22 was very recent ?
                          Nope Oct 2017 is correct.
                          OK, lets do one more log.
                          Activate the script, please confirm this is using linkgroup Bureau, right?
                          Take the log and tell me how long it took before it started playing. Keep an eye on the log, I'd be curious whether there is a lag between you running the script and the speak action being called. If anything is wrong, be as specific as you can what went wrong associated with the log you just took.
                          Dirk

Comment

looking at this log again ..... it actually starts out wrong, with the PI thinking it still has some announcement in its queue.
                            If the problem persists, restart the PI and let's see if it still doesn't work. If it doesn't now take a log from the restart of HS all the way through at least 2 subsequent announcements for one linkgroup ie Bureau.
                            I wonder if it got stuck in this funky state due to the text that sat in the "Intercept speaker devices" ...

Dirk

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X