This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSC Project

I am having lots of fun with the DSC plugin from Homeseer. I have an 1832 panel and an IT-100 connected to my HS box via a serial cable.

With HST touch I designed this.

It even gives me a real time look into all the sensors and with the help of BLSecurity I have a virtual perimeter mode. Set it to arm via KPL, iphone or touchscreen and if any zone is broken KPL's start beeping and Sonos starts alarming, BLSecurity calls my phone etc etc.

Do not be afraid of this plug in, I like it.

Mark
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by markesdale View Post
      I am having lots of fun with the DSC plugin from Homeseer. I have an 1832 panel and an IT-100 connected to my HS box via a serial cable.

It even gives me a real time look into all the sensors and with the help of BLSecurity I have a virtual perimeter mode. Set it to arm via KPL, iphone or touchscreen and if any zone is broken KPL's start beeping and Sonos starts alarming, BLSecurity calls my phone etc etc.

Mark
      Which version of the plugin are you using?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Version

Hey Rupp,

I am running 1.1.2911.21807. of the DSC plugin

Mark

Comment

Hey Rupp,

I am running 1.1.2911.21807. of the DSC plugin

Mark
          I understand if you do not want to but if you get a chance can you try the latest build in this thread?
          http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=134220

Just backup your .dll and drop in the new one. I'm wanting to know if this works as well as the original.
          Last edited by Rupp; January 11, 2010, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Hmmm

Hi Rupp,

Well that could have gone better.

I installed the new dll and restarted HS. Everything started up fine but in the log I saw what looked like a never stopping 25 zone refresh. Constantly refreshing the partition and reporting zones as restored. Even in an HSTouch screen you can see the redrawing of the images happening constantly.

Any ideas? .. in the meantime back to the old version and all is fine.

Mark

Comment

time out

Hi Rupp, Forget the last message ...

Installed and working I think.

Mark

Comment

Mark, thank for this. This is exactly what I had in mind. I used to install DSC alarms about 20 years ago so I'm ok with any of it. I stayed away from wireless sensors. I had one on the back door for awhile until I could get access below so I experienced the delay issue. My sensors make the zone lihts come on pretty well instantly so hopefully HS sees them fairly quickly. I didn't install this system so I'm waiting for my alrm guy to come back and install the com module. It's been sitting on panel for a number of weeks. I need to nag him or if time permits I'll install it myself. Then I'll get the plugin going. Inhave HS Touch but have not done anything with it yet. Seeing what you did has sparked my interest. I didn't know I could do that in hs touch. I'll post an update when I get things running. Not sure when that will be just yet. Thanks again
                Brian

Comment

Zone status checking in events

I've connected a TI-100 to my system and want to set up a manual event that will only run the actions if a zone is Violated.

ie: Close Garage Door
                  IF EventTriggered AND DSC Zone 1 is Violated THEN Turn ON Output 4

Open Garage Door
                  IF EventTriggered AND DSC Zone 1 is Normal THEN Turn ON Output 4

I assume I would use Monual With Conditions but none seem to work. They all trigger the actions regarless of the conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by DistinctAV View Post
                    I've connected a TI-100 to my system and want to set up a manual event that will only run the actions if a zone is Violated.

ie: Close Garage Door
                    IF EventTriggered AND DSC Zone 1 is Violated THEN Turn ON Output 4

Open Garage Door
                    IF EventTriggered AND DSC Zone 1 is Normal THEN Turn ON Output 4

I assume I would use Monual With Conditions but none seem to work. They all trigger the actions regarless of the conditions.
                    You would use the DSC triggers for this.

Comment

Mark
                      Hey Mark, I'm looking at getting the same 1832 panel and IT-100 to connect to a HomeTroller COM port. I don't have HSTouch and will be using a standard HomeSeer2 web interface. How does your DSC Plug-In look in the HS Status page, if you wouldn't mind sharing? Thank you.
                      All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

Mark
                        Hi Mark,

Nice work on HS Touch. I want to do a similar project using MainLobby instead of HSTouch.

I need some coaching on exactly what DSC hardware I need to purchase. I see the 1832 panel sold as a kit, but I assume you need the IT-100 for communication from the panel to the HS box. Is that correct?

If so, does the IT-100 mount in a separate DSC metal box (which I would need to purchase) or is does it go in a PC slot in the HS box?

Also, can my WGL W800 RF receiver read data from the DSC alarm panel and security sensors? Do I need to buy DSC motion sensors, or will x10 motion sensors work?

I also would like to use a DSC thermostat and have it controlled through this plugin. Are you doing that?

Thanks,

Ron Satter

Link to my MainLobby stuff:

http://forum.cinemaronline.com/viewt...p?f=53&t=15577
                        Last edited by ; February 1, 2010, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ronsatter View Post
                          ... I need some coaching on exactly what DSC hardware I need to purchase. I see the 1832 panel sold as a kit, but I assume you need the IT-100 for communication from the panel to the HS box. Is that correct?Yes this is correct

If so, does the IT-100 mount in a separate DSC metal box (which I would need to purchase) or is does it go in a PC slot in the HS box? The one I have is mounted in the DSC enclosure along with the security systems board.

Also, can my WGL W800 RF receiver read data from the DSC alarm panel and security sensors?
                          No they are on different frequencies

Do I need to buy DSC motion sensors, or will x10 motion sensors work?These will work with your W800 and HomeSeer

I also would like to use a DSC thermostat and have it controlled through this plugin. Are you doing that?
                          I'm not sure the DSC plugin works with temp sensors.

Thanks,

Ron Satter

Comment

the com board should mount on the side of the normal case. you can also purchase the larger case and move the boards
                            Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Hi GearyT, I see you have a DSC 1832. I would be very grateful if you could possibly post a screenshot of how the DSC plug-in wired/wireless sensors look on your HSPro Status Screen (or a scrubbed version) so I have a sense of what I'll be looking at before I actually buy it. Would you mind? Many thanks in anticipation.
                              All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

Sorry, haven't figured out how to do a screen shot
                                hope this copy and paste helps
                                If not, drop me a pm and I'll give you a URL

Partition Ready
                                Trouble Status Restoral PerimeterDSC SecurityPartition 1 [1DSC SecurityToday 4:05:26 PM
                                Restored PerimeterDSC SecurityFront Door \1DSC SecurityToday 3:57:14 PM
                                Restored InteriorLiving RoomLiving Room \2DSC Security11/25/2009 6:31:17 PM
                                Restored InteriorKitchenKitchen Windows \3DSC Security11/25/2009 6:31:17 PM
                                Restored PerimeterDSC SecurityPatio Door \4DSC SecurityToday 3:49:04 PM
                                Restored InteriorMaster B/RMaster Bedrrom \5DSC Security11/25/2009 6:31:17 PM
                                Restored InteriorOfficeOffice Windows \6DSC Security11/25/2009 6:31:17 PM
                                Restored InteriorSpare B/RSpare Bedroom \7DSC Security11/25/2009 6:31:17 PM
                                Restored InteriorInteriorGlass Break \8DSC SecurityToday 3:51:45 PM
                                Restored PerimeterDSC SecurityFront Patio Motion \9DSC SecurityToday 4:05:25 PM
                                Restored PerimeterDSC SecurityRear Patio Motion \10DSC SecurityToday 4:05:25 PM
                                Restored PerimeterDSC SecurityGarage Side Door \11DSC SecurityToday 4:05:25 PM
                                Restored PerimeterDSC SecurityGarage Roll-up Door \12DSC SecurityToday 4:05:25 PM
                                Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Working...
                                X