This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to migrate HS2?

I recently learned that HS2 is not supported on XP x64. In fact, the updater would not let me update as in the past it was "not smart enough" to know to not allow installation on XP x64 but now it is. So I have hit a dead end.

So anyway, I "upgraded" my PC to Vista Business in 64 bit mode. I would first like to know if this is a supported configuration.

Secondly, I would like to know how to migrate the configuration and settings to the new installation. Things like web server, scripts and license info for TI103 and ACRF receiver (WGL-800).

Thanks for any help!

The migration question is answered in the how-to section. There's a how-to detailing how to move HomeSeer from one pc to another.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

1) So is this configuration supported (Vistas Business edition running in 64 bit mode with HS2)?

2) Are you referring to the migration method that requires re-installing the same version and then copying the entire HS2 directory from the older installation to the newer? If so, I would like to know where I can find version 2.1.104.0 which I believe is what was previously installed.

I tried this method with the latest version (2.2.0.66) and copied the HS2 directory from windows.old (which Vista created) to the Vista HS2 directory. It is basically running but there are "odd" things such as when I click on "Install More Interfaces", it gives me an error page "Error processing ASP.NET page. Object reference not set to an instant of an object". When HS2 starts up an error message appears "8/30/2008 2:37:12 AM - Error - ASP.Net page: Could not load file or assembly 'HS2Util, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

"Repair" option does not fix it. If I try to "update it is says the speaker.exe is still running and is waiting for it to close. It is NOT running so I don't know what that is about.

It seems I am now running Vista but things are no better.

I would really like to know whether this configuration is supported before spening much more time on it.

JJ

Comment

I would really like to know whether this configuration is supported before spening much more time on it.

JJ

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          The migration question is answered in the how-to section. There's a how-to detailing how to move HomeSeer from one pc to another.
          Rupp, can you point to it 'cause I can't find it in the 'How To' section of the board. I'm having a problem with HS reverting to trial mode after every restart. This began happening after transferring to a new PC and it seems I may have missed something...
          Best regards,
          -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
          Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Originally posted by mfisher View Post
            Rupp, can you point to it 'cause I can't find it in the 'How To' section of the board. I'm having a problem with HS reverting to trial mode after every restart. This began happening after transferring to a new PC and it seems I may have missed something...
            The 7 Steps
            sigpic
            A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Thanks for the info!
              Best regards,
              -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
              Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Working...
              X