Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody using the o2 Joggler?

http://shop.o2.co.uk/joggler

Seems like a cheap way to get a touch screen control solution. Just wondering if anybody has one and what they are using it with?, jon00's web page builder or control packages for example.

Lee

Wonder if we can get these in the US...

I see people are using them as squeezebox clients too..
    Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Comment

Trying right now to see if I can order one....can't. Bunches of them on Ebay UK though...
        Last edited by Pete; May 14, 2010, 10:19 PM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I picked one up this morning (resisted the first time they were on offer) and put this version of Ubuntu on it. (http://www.stephenford.org/joggler/#).

Google Chrome seems to work pretty well with the touch extensions, so there shouldn't be any problems with Jon00s touch screen interface.

I'm hoping HSTouch will work with Mono, but I haven't tried it yet.

For an acceptable PC with a good touch screen it's an amazing bargain to use as an HS remote. (Pretty mediocre as a Joggler though, so I can see why they're dumping them!)

Comment

billt have you had any success with HSTouch?

Mine arrived today, very nice looking unit - Linux is somewhat out of my Windows comfort zone...i'm prepared to give it a go but I take it the joggler ubuntu release will need mono/hstouch adding into the archive or something prior to booting into Linux?

XP/Vista would be far better for me but i've read conflicting reports of whether it will work or anyone has actually done it...

Comment

I haven't succeeded with HStouch.

You do have to install Mono, but it's fairly easy with the built in package managers. Unfortunately it comes up with the "could not load file or assembly microsoft.visualBasic" error referred to in this thread - http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=134939.

It's probably possible to fix it, but I don't have the knowledge and haven't had time yet.

The Chrome and Firefox browsers seem to work with Jon00's touch screen interface, so I'll probably spend time making that work with my system. The Mono version of HSTouch doesn't support embedded web pages, which I would like to be able to use.

If you do start experimenting with one of the Linux versions, get a hub and use a keyboard and mouse. You'll need to fiddle with the installation to some extent and the touch screen is completely useless for that.

Comment

Exciting times...

I have HSTouch working (surprised with myself how easy - if you are struggling with mono, install all of the package/core libraries from the package manager), although I'm still thinking aloud about;

i) Memory Stick - need the lowest profile USB memory card there is (thinking something micro sd as I have an 8gb card somewhere) or possibly point ii
                ii) Wall Mounting - How...the stand acts as a Heatsink but does not seem to sink a massive amount of heat, I might be able to fashion some sort of alternative...thinking of somehow mounting it to a flat switch plate so I can run a power connector through the back of it. Perhaps route USB cable out of the back of it so memory stick can be hidden in the backbox?
                iii) Startup script, not sure whether I want it to boot straight into HSTouch or not...I think i'm going to have to learn real linux if thats the case

If I can get the above sorted i'm thinking whether to buy another two/three and either use them as HS touchscreens and possibly a car PC.

For now I shall leave you with a screen shot;
                Last edited by mrhappy; August 17, 2012, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Hi Mr Happy!

I am thinking of getting a Joggler to use in the kitchen - I can then run a DVB-T stick to use it as a TV for the WAF, and use HSTouch to control the house...

Did you ever mange to deploy any projects to the Joggler?

I built a Ubuntu VM, and got HSTouch.exe running under mono - however, when ever I tried to deploy any projects, it just errors out.. I am hoping that this is a VM oddity!

If you could confirm that you managed to get anything working, that would be great, as I am itching to buy one and get hacking!

Cheers!

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by wilkeslr View Post
                    http://shop.o2.co.uk/joggler

Seems like a cheap way to get a touch screen control solution. Just wondering if anybody has one and what they are using it with?, jon00's web page builder or control packages for example.

Lee
                    The link leads to a blank page!

I can find the instructions on o2 as to how to set it up, but not how to buy it.

Anyone have a link to the shop page?
                    sigpic
                    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

I think O2 have run out of them!

You will probably need to grab one off ebay! (dont bid against me!!!!)

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by manaesh View Post
                        I think O2 have run out of them!

You will probably need to grab one off ebay! (dont bid against me!!!!)

Cheers

Mike
                        Yes appears they have so invaded by orders for them (Prob from HS Users or they have done the quick removal of page)

ebay, thats a thought, don't fret I don't bid, just go for "Buy Now" if the price is right.
                        Last edited by Gogs; August 12, 2010, 08:44 AM.
                        sigpic
                        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by manaesh View Post
                          Hi Mr Happy!

I am thinking of getting a Joggler to use in the kitchen - I can then run a DVB-T stick to use it as a TV for the WAF, and use HSTouch to control the house...

Did you ever mange to deploy any projects to the Joggler?

I built a Ubuntu VM, and got HSTouch.exe running under mono - however, when ever I tried to deploy any projects, it just errors out.. I am hoping that this is a VM oddity!

If you could confirm that you managed to get anything working, that would be great, as I am itching to buy one and get hacking!

Cheers!

Mike
                          I'm still running HSTouch on the Joggler quite happily but be warned, the linux version is not as polished/stable as the Windows version, you may have to compromise on some features.

If you wish to email me can go through some of the things if you like and are getting stuck...it was not as much of a hack rather than just getting round some of the linux-isms, easier than I thought in the end.

Comment

Thanks - will do!

Now to grab one on Ebay!

Cheers

Mike

Comment

I now have my Joggler!!!

I have her running Ubuntu NR - and all is good.

I installed the monolib1.0cli - and can now run HStouch.exe and send projects to it...

However, I get the following message all the time

"error in tmrConnect_Elapse: Has not been implemented for this platform"

I can click ok and carry on for a bit - until it happens again. Anyone know how to solve this? Ive had a goggle and not found much!

Next - is to put a media centre front end on - and get a Wintv USB card working for TV

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X