Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera Password Problem

Hi,
    I just installed the trial version of the Ultranetcam. When setting up a camera, I enter the password for the camera. After I save the settings the password field is blank. I thought that this may be by design - however, I try a test snapshot - it fails.
    What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
    Alan

Hello. The password will appear blank if you view the UltraNetCam > Devices web page.

What error are you getting when you click Snapshot Test?

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Hi, I restarted the camera and first go the message that it couldn't find the file. I came back later and tried again and the messages were the same as before I rebooted.

Update: Playing around this morning; I created a new camera device where the /snapshot path included the complete syntax for the camera (including password). It worked, which leads me to believe that the syntax imbedded in your program does not match what is required by my foscam Fi8918w...

This is what was in the log file when it worked (btw: I removed the user and password from the camera definition):

11/24/2012 7:45:00 AM UltraNetCam Debug TakeSnapshot is running command:"http://192.168.1.xxx:xx/snapshot.cgi?user=admin&pwd=xxxxxx"

11/24/2012 7:45:00 AM UltraNetCam Debug ProcessCommandQueue thread is running command: TakeEventSnapshot.

Last edited by Alan; November 24, 2012, 01:36 PM.

Comment

???
        Hi UltraJones,

Do you have any thoughts on this?

Alan

Comment

What firmware version is your Fi8918w running?
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
            What firmware version is your Fi8918w running?
            FW: 11.22.2.30

Web UI: 2.4.18.15

Comment

Your firmware is a few revisions back. The latest is 11.22.2.46. I don't think that is the issue though.

I don't have an explanation on why your camera is returning a 401 unauthorized error. The UltraNetCam HSPI following the Foscam API and I confirm it works with the 3 Foscam cameras I own.

Can you try reentering the user ID and password and resaving it?

Regards,
              Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
              X