Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zee S2, 1132CU controller on CM15A plugin will not communicate. [Hdwe not supported]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zee S2, 1132CU controller on CM15A plugin will not communicate. [Hdwe not supported]

Zee S2, 1132CU controller on CM15A plugin for X10 will not communicate.

HomeTroller Zee S2 recently installed with new Zwave devices functioning fine. Attempt to add 1132CU controller on CM15A plugin for X10 will not communicate. Appears not to connect to USB port, no data seen at 1132CU, CM15A log files; Feb-11 12:46:49 PM CM15A Unable to communicate with CM15A, try re-connecting to USB port, will retry in 5 seconds...: Connection refused.

Anyone have any ideas what to try to get the USB talking??

System Profile
    Current Date/Time: 2/11/2018 3:15:16 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.368
    Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2V2 4.1.19-v7+ #858 SMP Tue Mar 15 15:56:00 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 1 Day 3 Hours 15 Minutes 38 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.0.102
    Number of Devices: 19
    Number of Events: 2
    Available Threads: 388

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.5: CM15A
    3.0.1.190: Z-Wave
    Last edited by mfisher; April 17, 2018, 09:02 AM.

You need to be using the X10 plugin and not the CM15A plugin for this hardware. You may also want to post any other X10 related question in the X10 forums.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

My understanding is the CM15A is the plug in to use for the USB based 1132CU controller, the X10 plug in is for serial controller. In any event tried the X10 with both communication options-no joy.

Comment

Googled the 1132CU controller here and it is unique and I am not sure whether it works using the CM11A, CM15A or TW-523 communication protocols.

It appears to have two RTC for accuracy and memory inside to program events and triggers.

With the current CM15A plugin you can enable debug to see if is communicating with your 1132CU. The CM15A uses Mochad for the USB link and as you mention the CM11A uses a pure serial connection. As you mentioned above way different communications.

With the Zee2 you can utilize a USB to Serial cable for a CM11A / TI103 and it works well.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

My understanding is the CM15A is the plug in to use for the USB based 1132CU controller

Curious about this relating to the 1132CU and CM15A compatibility?

BTW it will be better to post your questions relating to the 1132CU in the X10 section over here ===>

HomeSeer X10 Plug-in
          Last edited by Pete; February 19, 2018, 07:41 PM.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I am not familiar with the SmartHome 1132CU PowerLinc, is it a CM15a clone? I ask because I see zero references to this controller in the CM15a plugin code for either Windows or Linux, I also don't see any references to it in the mochad docs, and I don't see how it would even be recognized on a system unless a 1132CU USB driver has been installed (OS specific).

Without any information to support this I'd have to say that the SmartHome 1132U/1132CU interfaces are not compatible with the CM15a plugin for either Windows or Linux.
            Last edited by mfisher; February 14, 2018, 09:07 AM.
            Best regards,
            -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
            Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

the 1132CU PowerLinc controller is the predecessor to the cm15a, it is usb and uses the same drivers

I have seen numerous posts regarding mochad driver not starting properly Zee S2

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=182896

not being familiar with linux, are there a few steps I can take to get mochad configured for proper operation?

Comment

Originally posted by ccure View Post
                the 1132CU PowerLinc controller is the predecessor to the cm15a, it is usb and uses the same drivers

not being familiar with linux, are there a few steps I can take to get mochad configured for proper operation?
                Here's all the details you need to build Mochad and install it yourself. Grab the 0.0.17 or greater version.

https://github.com/bjonica/mochad

Comment

As I understand it the 1132CU PowerLinc was manufactured by SmartHome and the CM15a by X10. If this is the case then it is highly unlikely that the USB Vendor & Product IDs for both devices are the same as these are, by definition in the USB specification, vendor specific.

Installing a new version of mochad may not be the answer and before sending you down that road let's make sure that the 1132CU is being recognized by the R-Pi, and whether the VID & PID match a CM15a. To do this you'll need to SSH to the Zee and log in. Here are instructions (and the link to the instructions: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=162297):

Windows Users
                  1. Download and launch “Putty” http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~s.../download.html
                  2. Enter HomeTroller Zee IP address into the “Host Name” field and click the “Open” button.
                  3. Putty will open a command prompt window and connect to your HomeTroller Zee
                  4. Enter your master username and password. If you’ve never changed this, use the default login:
                  5. login as: homeseer
                  6. password: hsthsths3

Once you are connected to the Zee, type the following and hit enter: sudo lsusb
                  (BTW, lsusb is the Linux command to list the attached USB devices)
                  A listing of the attached USB devices will be displayed. Here is the listing from my R-Pi (not a Zee):
                  Code:
                  pi@raspberrypi:~ $ lsusb
                  Bus 001 Device 007: ID 05e3:0608 Genesys Logic, Inc. USB-2.0 4-Port HUB
                  Bus 001 Device 006: ID 0bc7:0001 X10 Wireless Technology, Inc. ActiveHome (ACPI-compliant)
                  Bus 001 Device 005: ID 1608:000f Inside Out Networks [hex] Edgeport/8
                  Bus 001 Device 004: ID 05e3:0608 Genesys Logic, Inc. USB-2.0 4-Port HUB
                  Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
                  Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp.
                  Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
                  Copy this listing to your Windows clipboard by clicking on the Putty icon in the very top-left corner of the Putty window and selecting 'Copy All to clipboard', then paste that list here so we can check the VID & PID of the 1132CU. Determining this will dictate how we proceed.
                  Best regards,
                  -Mark-

Comment

Here is the usb list with the 1132CU pluggedin ;

Code:
                    login as: homeseer
                    homeseer@192.168.0.102's password:

The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
                    the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
                    individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
                    permitted by applicable law.
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerZeeS2V2:~ $ sudo lsusb
                    Bus 001 Device 013: ID 10bf:0002 SmartHome
                    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
                    homeseer@HomeTrollerZeeS2V2:~ $

Comment

Here is the usb list with the 1132CU pluggedin ;

Code:
                      login as: homeseer
                      homeseer@192.168.0.102's password:

The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
                      the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
                      individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
                      permitted by applicable law.
                      homeseer@HomeTrollerZeeS2V2:~ $ sudo lsusb
                      Bus 001 Device 013: ID 10bf:0002 SmartHome
                      homeseer@HomeTrollerZeeS2V2:~ $
                      As I suspected the 1132CU does not have the same VID & PID as the CM15a and why the Zee does not recognize it:

CM15A: Bus 001 Device 006: ID 0bc7:0001 X10 Wireless Technology, Inc. ActiveHome (ACPI-compliant)

1132CU: Bus 001 Device 013: ID 10bf:0002 SmartHome

Let's start by adding the 1132CU VID & PID to the .Rules configuration file so that Linux knows what to do with the 1132CU device, then test to see if mochad is launched, and finally whether the CM15a plugin recognizes the device and works.

For the following steps, copy the command line shown in bold, right-click in the Putty window to paste it, then hit enter.

1) SSH to your Zee and log in

2) sudo su

3) nano /etc/udev/rules.d/91-usb-x10-controllers.rules
                      You will now be in the Nano text editor window with the contents of the .rules file shown.

4) Cursor down until you are on the 1st blank line

5) SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="10bf", ATTR{idProduct}=="0002", RUN+="/usr/local/bin/mochad"

You should now have this in your Nano window:
                      Code:
                      SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0bc7", ATTR{idProduct}=="0001", RUN+="/usr/local/bin/mochad"
                      SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0bc7", ATTR{idProduct}=="0002", RUN+="/usr/local/bin/mochad"
                      SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="10bf", ATTR{idProduct}=="0002", RUN+="/usr/local/bin/mochad"
                      If the new line does not exactly match the previous one, except for the idVendor and idProduct entries, edit it to match.

Using the keyboard:
                      6) ctrl-X (to exit)

7) Y (to save)

8) Enter (to accept the file name to save)

9) Plug in your 1132CU and reboot your Zee

10) SSH to your Zee again

11) Enter the command: top

12) See if mochad is listed:
                      -> If it is listed then continue
                      -> If it is not listed then continue and let me know this when you post your results (we will still have more work to do)

13) Use ctrl-C to exit TOP

14) From the browser (on your PC) open HS3 and enable the CM15a plugin
                      -> If the plugin reports a status of OK then try adding a CM15a device according to the instructions here: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=179522, then try to control the device.
                      -> If the plugin reports an error, or if the plugin does not work then post any related log entries here.

15) Let us know what happens!
                      Last edited by mfisher; February 21, 2018, 11:23 AM.
                      Best regards,
                      -Mark-

Comment

edit of .rules now contains the 1132CU VID & PID, after reboot

mochad is not listed via top command

plugin reports a status of OK

enabled CM15A plug in, added device, device does not follow manual command

also notice CM15A plug in on installed plug ins page is grayed out, unlike Z-wave plug in that you can click and open properties of

[CODEFeb-21 6:15:12 PM CM15A Unable to communicate with CM15A, try re-connecting to USB port, will retry in 5 seconds...: Connection refused
                        Feb-21 6:15:07 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in CM15A
                        Feb-21 6:15:07 PM CM15A Unable to communicate with CM15A, try re-connecting to USB port, will retry in 5 seconds...: Connection refused
                        Feb-21 6:15:07 PM CM15A Initialization Successful.
                        Feb-21 6:15:07 PM CM15A Error connecting to CM15A service: Connection refused
                        Feb-21 6:15:07 PM CM15A mochad is not running, starting...
                        Feb-21 6:15:07 PM Info Plugin CM15A has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:46412][/CODE]

Comment

Thank you for making the edit and for providing your results.

I am sorry to say that I don't believe this is going to get resolved working remotely.

Please understand that HomeSeer (the company) decided a couple of years ago to no longer support the X10 protocol or the HS3 X10 plugins. Since I had supported the Ti103 plugin under HS2 for many years, and still use X10, I volunteered to provide support when I am able. I am not an HS employee nor am I paid for any of my efforts.

To be honest, the CM15a plugins (Windows and Linux) both have some serious shortcomings and issues, and whenever possible I urge users having issues with these to change to one of the RS232-based interfaces as the "X10 plugin" is far more stable.

If you are absolutely set on trying to use this currently unsupported interface I am willing to make an attempt to make it work, but I will need a unit to work with and can make no guarantees that I will be successful.

Let me know if you want to go down this path and if you are willing to loan me your interface.
                          Best regards,
                          -Mark-

Comment

Thank you for your efforts.

Although I would like to get this interface working, it is probably not worth the effort, as the 1132CU and X10 devices has been in service for quite a few years.

If I did stay with X10, what interface, serial or USB would you recommend for the Zee S2?? That way I can cost justify purchasing a load of zwave modules.

Would the serial X10 require edits? USB to serial interface edits? Mochad edits?

Again-Thank you for your efforts.....

Comment

Thank you for your efforts.

Although I would like to get this interface working, it is probably not worth the effort, as the 1132CU and X10 devices has been in service for quite a few years.

If I did stay with X10, what interface, serial or USB would you recommend for the Zee S2?? That way I can cost justify purchasing a load of zwave modules.

Would the serial X10 require edits? USB to serial interface edits? Mochad edits?

Again-Thank you for your efforts.....
                              Before you abandon your efforts have a careful read of my post from this link below. I spent a lot of time researching a similar problem and ended up building the Mochad driver myself.

Out of the box I couldn't find Mochad installed in HS3. There is a folder that referes to Mochad but nothing else. Just take an image of your working system before you attempt to make any changes. I have a feeling this post will solve your problem
                              https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=191247

Comment

Working...
                              X