No announcement yet.

Honeywell Enviracom Zone Controllers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Place the enviracomextras.vb file in the scripts subdirectory of the homeseer program directory.

You will have to edit the script to use the correct device codes for your system.

Then on the homeseer control screen in the Immediate Script Command
    box, enter:

Code:
    &hs.runex "enviracomextras.vb" ,"AddEnviracomExtraBtns" ,""
    The press the Execute Command button. If you properly edited the script it should place buttons on your zone controller device.

Comment

Got all that working, thanks! Pretty much everything has a status now. I do occasionally get the following in the log:

Error::clsMessageMgr::VerifyMessageDataLength: message data bytes less than expected minumum: '05' < '6'

It appears in groups of threes. Can you show me how to call one or two of the control functions so I can get started with that? I'd like to test control of the zones. Thanks again for your hard work on this plugin!

Comment

So does the plugin query all the thermostats every half hour, or do they broadcast on that schedule? That seems to be when I'm getting the error message mentioned in the previous post. I'd like to get more frequent updates. Is this adjustable somewhere, or should I just schedule a query with a script?

Comment

That message indicates that your thermostat or panel is sending a message with fewer elements than what the code expects based on the protocol documents posted earlier in this thread.

I'll have to go back through the code and see where to turn on more debugging messages so we can tell which message is shorter than the code is expecting.

If you look at the vb script, you should see SendMessageToPanel method that is called to send any arbitrary enviracom message to the panel, so you can create a button to do just about anything in the scripts. There is a checksum function in the script that will calculate the proper checksum bytes.

I don't have the system polling thermostats or anything yet, it is just listening for messages sent as part of the normal enviracom traffic.

Comment

Got it, thanks. I hadn't really gotten down to the bottom of the vb script yet to see how your buttons were set up. Let me know how I can help with that message. Not sure if messages from different thermostat models vary. I'm using VisionPRO IAQ touchscreens. TH9421C1004.
            Last edited by Tek1979; September 11, 2010, 10:00 AM.

Comment

go download the update at http://enviracomhvac.sourceforge.net/

I updated the code to pay attention to the log level option in the config file, be warned that turning it up will really fill up your log. I also fixed the typo in the config file name.

Look in the homeseer application directory for a file named in the form: enviracom_messages_YYYY-MM-DD that logs a lot of information on message traffic with the panel. The version you have now will have created those files also.

Comment

I don't know if this would be of interest, here's a screenshot of a UI I wrote for monitoring operating state of my enviracom controller a few years ago. It uses a MS-Access database for the history data shown in the graph. The code is a little ugly and uses Visual basic from the Visual Studio6 IDE. Not real efficient, but can be run in the background on current PC's to establish a profile for how you system (e.g., heatpump) runs as temperatures drop.
                Attached Files

Comment

Wow, now that's impressive. I gather from your posting that it is a stand alone app?

How hard do you think it would be to translate into .net?

Comment

I don't know if this would be of interest, here's a screenshot of a UI I wrote for monitoring operating state of my enviracom controller a few years ago. It uses a MS-Access database for the history data shown in the graph. The code is a little ugly and uses Visual basic from the Visual Studio6 IDE. Not real efficient, but can be run in the background on current PC's to establish a profile for how you system (e.g., heatpump) runs as temperatures drop.
                    I would be interested in the VB6 project should you care to share.

Comment

I'd be interested in seeing it too!

Comment

New committer on Enviracom Plug-In

Matt Brandes is now a developer/committer on the plugin sourceforge project.

Thanks Matt!!

Comment

Plugin API interface now working

All,

Matt Brandes as added the Homeseer API interface to the plug-in. Anyone interested, please take a look at sourceforge and give us feedback on the API calls.

The Web UI has the thermostat numbers incorrectly shown, they should be 1 based instead of 0 based.

The zip file can be downloaded from https://sourceforge.net/projects/enviracomhvac/files/

Best Regards,

Mitch

Comment

boilers too

While I dont have any Enviracom thermostats I have been monitoring my oil fired boiler and hot water heating system for a while now using 1-wire devices. Recently I noticed that Honeywell offers an aquastat (L7224U) and a primary burner control (R7284U) that support the enviracom protocol. On a whim I purchased a serial adapter and the aquastat and put it all in place. Much to my delight, the aquastat offers up all kinds of state information from the current boiler temp to limit settings and burner status. Monitoring my heating system was fun again!

Since I had such good luck with the aquastat I decided to give the primary control a try. The docs for it and the dealer literature from Honeywell imply all sorts of great data like burner runtime and cad cell resistance should be available. On top of that, it has a very nice two line lcd display. Sadly, it's not as willing to give up it's secrets as the aquastat. I dont doubt that the information is in the device, but unlike the aquastat, I suspect it has to be polled.

I have decoded a half dozen or so messages that are not already listed in the 'unofficial document'. I'm curious though, has anyone else played with these devices? If there is interest, I'll post my findings.

Comment

I certainly would be interested in see the additional messages you have decoded. Out of curiousity, are you using the plugin to decode the messages?

Its not very difficult to add new messages to the plugin, as long as the meaning of the message is clear. The object model right now only really understands thermostats, but I don't think it would be too hard to add other types of devices.

Comment

Scripts?

Does anyone have some scripts that make use of the Enviracom plugin available to share? I really haven't been able to get into writing anything useful to interface with my zoning system yet. I guess I'd just like to see what some other people are doing!

Comment

Working...
                                X