sonos or squeezebox, whats easier to setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sonos or squeezebox, whats easier to setup

I mainly want multiroom tts with some music every now and then. I don't want to spend hours getting it to work. Has anyone tried both. Not entirely sure what the main differences are.

Thanks

Not tried both but the Squeezebox was fairly easy to setup.

Would have liked sonos if i had the money for it.
    HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
    53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
    https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

i cant comment on homeseer connection, but Sonos on its own is extreamly easy to hook up. its a bit costly but our family absolutly loves it. we have 7 zones total. my 5 and 6 year old can easily find the playlist that i setup for them and play their songs.

standard hookup is 1 sonos unit (player or bridge) gets ethernet to router. rest can be wireless. plug them into the wall. done. its a 2 or 3 step process that the controller will walk you through before you are up and running.

so far i have had my setup for about 2 years and have never had a problem. i understand their tech support is also second to none. lively forums with good help at their main website.

Hope this helps in some way.

Comment

I agree with Prat, I bought my initial zones several years ago and now have 4 around the house and am preparing to add 2 more.

There is a plugin for Sonos that Dirk has written that is well reviewed but I have not used it personally.

Comment

Two thumbs up for Sonos and Dirk

I started with Sonos 4 years ago and am currently at 13 zones.

I love Sonos for the different configs of Zoneplayers, I have the full mixture. ZP90's, ZP120's, Play3, Play5 etc

Dirk's plugin is one of the best I own, reliable, fully featured and he offers the best support.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by markesdale View Post
            I started with Sonos 4 years ago and am currently at 13 zones.

I love Sonos for the different configs of Zoneplayers, I have the full mixture. ZP90's, ZP120's, Play3, Play5 etc

Dirk's plugin is one of the best I own, reliable, fully featured and he offers the best support.

Mark
            I totally agree with Mark.
            Sonos is more expensive but it works all the time. And Dirk's plugin is very good. Should there be any problems with it Dirk is extremely fast to respond with support

Rasmus

Comment

Working...
            X