This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arduino Plugin feature requests

Please add any new feature requests to this thread and I will do my best to add them at some point in the future but please don't ask when as the list is very big already.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

New Feature

It would be very handy to have a Relay type, with user definable length of time before its automatically turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by jim@beersman.com View Post
      It would be very handy to have a Relay type, with user definable length of time before its automatically turned off.
      Hi Jim,

I guess I could add this but it could be done with a simple event.
      If Device Relay output turns on
      Then
      Turn off Relay output after waiting X Sec.

Why do you think it would be better in the plugin?

Greig.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
        Hi Jim,

I guess I could add this but it could be done with a simple event.
        If Device Relay output turns on
        Then
        Turn off Relay output after waiting X Sec.

Why do you think it would be better in the plugin?

Greig.
        I was figuring the execution would occur all within code on the Arduino once called and not use any pc resources.

Comment

Originally posted by jim@beersman.com View Post
          I was figuring the execution would occur all within code on the Arduino once called and not use any pc resources.
          Running any single event within HomeSeer has negligible impact on system resources. A Delayed Device Action to turn a device off is one of the least demanding event types. Adding code to the Arduino sketch that the plug-in creates to handle an adjustable countdown timer might have more of an impact on the Arduino's limited resources.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Ok, let me play with the events, it does appear that the response will be accurate enough for what I'm trying to do.

I want to thank you again for such a great plugin.

Comment

A relay output with configurable turn off would be useful for sprinklers or other critical tasks. Even if HS crashed after starting the device, one could have a certain level of confidence that the device would not continue running. My HS setup is pretty stable but I'd be far more confident in the Arduino and code staying up than I would the rest of my setup.

Comment

I would like this to

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Comment

HI Guys,

As rprade said the probelm is not that I can or wont add this to the plugin but more of the problem that the a Arduino's limited resources and the impact this will have on the Arduino as I have already had to strip down the code with help for Rawliquid.

If people want they could share there .API codes on the board to help others out with such problems as you could do it in there.

If I have time in the future I will write some basic codes like this and post them.

I hope this helps.

Greig.
                  Scripts =
                  Various

Comment

Not sure if it has already been mentioned, but is a infrared option not a great addition if possible of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenttor View Post
                      Not sure if it has already been mentioned, but is a infrared option not a great addition if possible of course.
                      This is something I have looked at in the past but I have not found a good library for it as the ones I found would involve sending lots of data to Homeseer and it would crash at times.
                      I will look at this again in the future as it is something I think people would use. I think that I would only do IR receive triggering events to start but this is also another problem as the HS3 events engine is a mistery to me at the moment.

Greig.
                      Scripts =
                      Various

Comment

I am using an Arduino Uno via USB and it is working great. My request is for the ability to use more than one, one-wire temperature sensor. One more would be would be good, two more would be better, three more would be best!

I want to monitor the temperatures in different rooms, the great outdoors, the furnace inlet and outlet, the inside of the refrigerator and freezer, and I think that by monitoring the temperature of the main hot and cold water pipes I will be able to tell if somebody forgot to turn off the water or if there is a significant leak.

Thanks for my favorite plug-in and for considering this request.

Comment

I might have another option to measure several temperatures with one board, I just found the TMP36 analog sensor. They are cheap and have a range of -40 to +125 C. and respond with 10mV per degree C.. So they have an output range of 1.65 volts.

This is better than nothing but it wastes the other 3.35 volt range of the 5 volt analog input.

There is an analog reference voltage function in the arduino IDE that can be set to 3.3 volts, this would improve the resolution a great deal.

Is there a way to set "aref_voltage" from the plug-in? Can I just go into the arduino sketch with the IDE and change it? Are there any 3.3 volt arduino boards that work well with the plug-in? Does anybody have any other ideas?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jchestnuts View Post
                            I am using an Arduino Uno via USB and it is working great. My request is for the ability to use more than one, one-wire temperature sensor. One more would be would be good, two more would be better, three more would be best!

I want to monitor the temperatures in different rooms, the great outdoors, the furnace inlet and outlet, the inside of the refrigerator and freezer, and I think that by monitoring the temperature of the main hot and cold water pipes I will be able to tell if somebody forgot to turn off the water or if there is a significant leak.

Thanks for my favorite plug-in and for considering this request.
                            i have tested mine with 5 devices with no problem. They were on short cables. I used a 2.2k pull-up with 5 devices. Sometime in the next day or so I will be moving three devices from one of my OWServers to an Arduino. They will have between 10 and 30 feet of cat5 cable in the connection. I will let you know.

By the way, 5 is not necessarily the limit, it is just the most I have tried. The calculation phase of the OneWire device is the most critical and it worked with 5 devices and a 4.7k resistor, but the data line dropped critically low. 2.2k solved that and is acceptible according to the OneWire specs I have read.
                            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Randy, thanks for the reply. The OW server sounds interesting, is there a HS3 plug-in for that or did you write your own?

The instructions for the arduino plug-in say that it can only handle one, one-wire device per arduino board. I love using the arduino boards because they are so ubiquitous and versatile. I found one in my sock drawer the other day. Not really, just kidding.

I think the one-wire temperature sensors would be the best option, and I have a few already, but the analog sensors would be OK, and I could use from 6 up to 16 per board, depending on the particular arduino board.

Comment

Working...
                              X