HSTouch Designer with Zee S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch Designer with Zee S2

I have a Hometroller Zee S2 and would like to modify the HSTouch Android and Iphone interface from the stock one (i.e. I don't have locks or thermostats and would like to remove those icons from the main interface).

If I purchased HSTouch Designer would I be able to do this with this Linux version on the Zee S2? How would I go about this (getting this modified version on the Zee?)?

Thanks.
    --------------------------------------------------
    **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Yes.

You just need to import the iPhone stock xml file from the HSTouch running on the iPhone.

I do not use one here but have rooted my Android stuff and was able to get it from Android many many years ago. (a lost default XML file)

Here years in to using HS Designer / clients and have never seen the newer default clients. Guessing they are in the HSTouch payload that you maybe can locally decompress.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks for the reply Pete. I have an IPhone (have to use it because of work) and my wife has an Andriod, so I HAVE to ensure it will work on both (stock OS) devices.

I just wish there was a step by step instruction/guideline on how to get this all working if I did purchase the designer...

I can't/don't want to do anything elaborate like root the Android and my Linux skills are weak.

Comment

Thinking the default from the cloud HSTouch design is someplace here on the forum.

It is just an xml file. Think it is buried in the projects directory when first running HS Touch designer.

Here is a thread on the Apple client.

HS3Touch Clients - Apple IOS

Same goes for the Android client.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

The new default projects will be downloaded with the HSTouch designer. Once you get the HSTouch Designer loaded on a Windows PC, load the project, edit the designs, and then publish them to each of your phones.
          Last edited by Rupp; January 31, 2018, 11:02 AM.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            The new default projects will be downloaded with the HSTouch designer. Once you get the HSTouch Designer loaded on a Windows PC, load the project, edit the designs, and then publish them to each of your phones.

Comment

You configure HSTouch Designer with your mothership's IP address (with HS3 running on the RPi or Windows) and will see your clients running when updating. You will see all of them whatever OS they are running.

I give my HSTouch clients names which remind me of the OS that they are running on.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

One thing that tripped me up was that the client (ie android or iOS) must actually be running on the device - then there is a “Deploy” option in the Designer software that becomes active and allows you to choose which client to deploy the current design to.

Comment

Best to use the Designer locally on same LAN as the clients. As mentioned above in order to update the client(s) they have to be on line running.

Note too that all of the clients here are Windows based. I have tested with Android - rooted clients - preference is Windows.

Tested one client running VPN remotely connecting to the mothership (this could be used from work maybe?). Doing sort of similar testing a mobile client running VPN to the mothership.

The Homeseer touch designer just connects to the running client updates it with a new XML file then restarts the client.

Here run HS Touch designer on Windows Server and RDP to it from either Windows or Linux computers.

The clients in the image here are all wintel tabletop touchscreens. I have around 15 running Wintel mostly all connected POE Gb and testing around 3 using Wireless.

I have other touch tabletops running Ubuntu 16.04 with Squeezeplayer and Kodi (live TV).

All of the tabletops are Atom based with hardware customizations to BIOS for EFI or '86 booting, SSD drives, RTC et al.

[ATTACH]66316[/ATTACH]
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Sorry for the confusion Pete, but just to clarify, the HS Touch Designer runs on a windows based machine on your local network, then you can just 'push' or publish the xml file to a Zee S2, IPhone, or Andriod devices. As marthoc stated below, the HSTouch must be running on the devices when the file is pushed.

Also, the HSTouch Designer does NOT need to be running on this windows machine once the xml file is generated and published to your devices.

Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveSirRobbin View Post
                      Sorry for the confusion Pete, but just to clarify, the HS Touch Designer runs on a windows based machine on your local network, then you can just 'push' or publish the xml file to a Zee S2, IPhone, or Andriod devices. As marthoc stated below, the HSTouch must be running on the devices when the file is pushed.

Also, the HSTouch Designer does NOT need to be running on this windows machine once the xml file is generated and published to your devices.

Thanks for the clarification.
                      Correct on all fronts.
                      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                      X